Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 03:08 PM

807 posts, read 2,514,654 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if the Snappy Lunch in Mt. Airy is really worth visiting?

Some friends of ours went in there to eat and wound up getting into it with the owner. I don't know if our friends even voted for Clinton,but the owner started giving them crap about him because they were from Arkansas. I think it was bad enough that they got up and left. We will probably pass through Mt. Airy this Summer for sure,but I'm kinda afraid to stop and eat at the Snappy if the owner is known for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:54 AM

201 posts, read 593,967 times
Why mix politics with food?

I say go if you have a desire to try the food or visit a historical place. If you are more concerned about something that happened to someone else when you weren't even there, don't go. Remember there are 2 sides to everything.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
The pork chop sandwiches... the mainstay of Snappy Lunch... are purely a personal taste thing. I had a boss several years ago who was newly relocated from South Dakota. He was so enamoured with Snappy Lunch's pork chop sandwiches that he drove from W-S to Mt. Airy to pick up a large order and bring them back as a reward to our work team. I believe they would have tasted better if we could have eaten them when they were fresh and hot.

But more to your specific question... I've never heard of such verbal altercations being a regular occurance. If you're going to be in the area anyway, and you are an Andy Griffith Show fan and want to soak up some of the Mayberry atmosphere, don't hesitate to go to Snappy Lunch. Otherwise, it's really not that big of a deal.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 AM

807 posts, read 2,514,654 times
Good deal. It was probably just good natured poking fun that went too far for some reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina