Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 04:42 PM

127 posts, read 313,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenIs02
Cked your messages, I gave you the link.

Newbie here

Could you possibly PM me the link also. We are on LI and I have enjoyed browsing another LI'ers posts.

Thanking you in advance for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2006, 07:15 AM

207 posts, read 687,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
mvn2NC and MsMuir.... That is a real coincidence that you met on the internet and have a common friend!
I'm amazed as well! To think we lived so very near each other, and even worked around the same location, and never even knew even knew of each other until years later when we no longer even live in the same state !

The internet is an amazing tool!

Old 07-03-2006, 07:58 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMuir
I'm amazed as well! To think we lived so very near each other, and even worked around the same location, and never even knew even knew of each other until years later when we no longer even live in the same state !

The internet is an amazing tool!
Small world after all!!!
It is amazing

Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswines
Perhaps too much of a coincidence? (dramatic music plays: dun dun dun!)
What do you mean by your comment???

Old 07-03-2006, 02:31 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,469,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
What do you mean by your comment???
Let us know how you are liking Mooresville.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:56 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,546 times
I could type until my fingers fell off and I could never give you the entire scoop about North Carolina for two reasons, one I have never lived past Johnston County which is at the edge of the coastal plains, and two, I give any new mover here two weeks to find something negative or positive about the state that even the locals didn't know existed. It is just the nature of things. Move here armed with the best information that you can. The internet is a viable source of information. But there is nothing like talking to the locals of the projected area and one than one visit to the place before you decide this is your new home.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Let us know how you are liking Mooresville.
Well, so far so good. I had in the past visited my son on numerous occassions here( he lives here)so for me at least it felt a little familiar. I am learning my way around, have enjoyed a boat ride out on the lake and dont mind the weather at all( except for my mosquito bites!!!) . People have been friendly and i just feel really at home and comfortable.
It's exciting to see a home being built for us and be in on the progress.
Now the hard part eventually will be getting back to reality and looking for a job. We wanted to wait a few weeks to settle our temp. home and just drive around and get familiar.
So to answer your question- I like it

Old 08-25-2006, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,591 times
My Wife Is Full Blooded Italyn. I am Norwegion Irish & French.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,088 times
We went back and forth 9 times. Started in Asheville and like that place very much. But wanted a more flat property in which to walk. Then went to Hendersonville. Liked that place a lot too! Went back and forth several times.

But then it seemed too crowded and headed further south to Columbus and all I can say is we have very negative experiences there. I'll be happy to alert you to a realtor to stay away from, just pm me.

There were other issues such as lack of cable broadband ( we work from the house), and health insurance wouldn't travel to that state ( United Healthcare Golden Rule).

Real pretty though, however we've since re-evaluated our position and not looking there anymore. A shame as we spent about 20,000 traveling there, not including the downtime from our business......

Old 08-27-2006, 11:06 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
We went back and forth 9 times. Started in Asheville and like that place very much. But wanted a more flat property in which to walk. Then went to Hendersonville. Liked that place a lot too! Went back and forth several times.

But then it seemed too crowded and headed further south to Columbus and all I can say is we have very negative experiences there. I'll be happy to alert you to a realtor to stay away from, just pm me.

There were other issues such as lack of cable broadband ( we work from the house), and health insurance wouldn't travel to that state ( United Healthcare Golden Rule).

Real pretty though, however we've since re-evaluated our position and not looking there anymore. A shame as we spent about 20,000 traveling there, not including the downtime from our business......

How did you spend $20k going there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina