U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 20,933 times

Advertisements

I CANT JUDGE BY THE POSTS AND MY POSTS ARE DELETED BEFORE MY QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED, SO IT BEGS THE QUESTION ARE YOU GUYS NICE ARE WHAT? I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND BUT I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA. AND ONE PERSON HAS RESPONDED TO MY THREAD.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 08:00 PM

210 posts, read 474,033 times
Yes, in general people in North Carolina are have very nice manners. Many of them would be considered nice. Of course, there are some people here who are not nice. Last weekend in Carthage, NC a man shot 8 people in a nursing home and killed 2 of them. He was not nice.

It might help you get more answers if #1: do not write in CAPS, because that is considered shouting. #2: Can you be more specific about what you mean by nice? #3: Think about making your question less general.

Hope you get more answers that way.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:06 PM

21,093 posts, read 26,695,438 times
Cool Nice people in Norh Carolina??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodwin52785 View Post
I CANT JUDGE BY THE POSTS AND MY POSTS ARE DELETED BEFORE MY QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED, SO IT BEGS THE QUESTION ARE YOU GUYS NICE ARE WHAT? I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND BUT I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA. AND ONE PERSON HAS RESPONDED TO MY THREAD.
OK MGOODWIN..

Not sure where you are...52785 is your zip code? or date of birth? cause the zip is MExico..?? no matter...I will tell you because you asked..(tone down those caps, eh?)

The majority of people here in NC are very friendly.

I have never walked through a parking lot, aisle at any store, red light or restaurant and not felt WELCOMED or greeted with a HELLO, how ya doing...

Coming from Detroit, we would either check our wallet or start looking for a gun if that happened.

If you see a North Carolinian, they are smiling or saying hello.

I have even heard GOOD MORNING in the parking lot at my local Walmart.

So when you ask if the people of North Carolina are friendly...or your word nice...

There are only few words that will accurately describe them...

YES and but of COURSE...at least the few 100 that I have met thus far.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 PM

16,308 posts, read 26,863,805 times
A lot of it is a tit for tat scenario. The outsiders that look down their noses at locals, are loud, rude, arrogant, overbearing and overly impressed with themselves will not be greeted with in a friendly manner.

And no one, not even transplants that have blended in want to hear "well back in _________ we did it this way"

Old 04-06-2009, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 28,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodwin52785 View Post

people from here put on the southern charm, when they think you are just visting here, once they find out you justed moved here. there attidude changes alot!!!! If you are from the northern states you are not going to be welcomed here at all. I am from long Island new york. also we had alot of taxes there they have way more here. they tax on medication, food that is unpreppared.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,705,314 times
mgoodwin52785:

I looked to see what else you have posted and you're asking about Roanoke Rapids. It's a small town in an "out of the way" corner of the state, and not likely that a whole lot of people here on the forum are familiar with it.

I grew up in NC ... lived in Raleigh, went to college in Laurinburg, and lived in other places west of Raleigh. I've traveled a bit in eastern NC, but personally never been to Roanoke Rapids and can't help you, though I try to be as helpful as possible on this forum whenever I can.

I think you need to give it some time AND have realistic expectations of what this forum can do for you, despite the fact that there are a LOT of nice people in NC.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 28,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
A lot of it is a tit for tat scenario. The outsiders that look down their noses at locals, are loud, rude, arrogant, overbearing and overly impressed with themselves will not be greeted with in a friendly manner.

And no one, not even transplants that have blended in want to hear "well back in _________ we did it this way"

and you call New Yorkers rude take a look at yourself.
O And by the way you people do not know how to cook around here.
you people don't have that great of an education around here.
and they talk so funny because of the chewing tabbaco in there cheek.

F.Y.I. And in case you don't know what that means For your information
Alot of new yorkers are moving here. if they can make it in New York they can make it anywhere.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM

16,308 posts, read 26,863,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorio View Post

Alot of new yorkers are moving here. if they can make it in New York they can make it anywhere.

Thank you for proving my point to perfection, and likely totally unaware of the persona you emanate.

Oh by the way, I didn't mention New Yorkers, you did

Old 04-06-2009, 02:09 PM

122 posts, read 432,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorio View Post

I have happened to meet some mighty fine NYers. I don't have a problem with NYers... with maaaybe one little ol exception.
Oh, and it's spelled "their" if you are speaking in the possessive, honey. Bless your little heart.
I hope you and your friends don't move anywhere near me.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM

267 posts, read 1,056,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll Kitty Lover View Post
It might help you get more answers if #1: do not write in CAPS, because that is considered shouting.
I'll second that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This is true all over the south. Sometimes I want to say "Well, if you want things the way they were there, you should have stayed there. This isn't that place; it's different here." When one starts talking about the superior way things were done "back home" s/he is implying that the way we do things is inferior. It is insulting. When folks are insulted to their faces, they tend to be a bit less than optimally cordial in return.

In response to the OP, there are nice people everywhere. But no place exists that has ONLY nice people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina