U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 07:36 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 653,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2BJUMBO View Post
I just completed my 2nd trip (each spending a full week) searching for a home in the Hickory area from Oklahoma. I did purchase one (close on Dec 14th) north of Granite Falls and East of 321. I must have went in 30 homes and rode by 50 others that were in the MLS system for sale. I am willing to share my experience if interested. You can e-mail me if you like or I can post here. My overall experiece was good, especially being under the gun to find a house. We are retiring from the Military, so I was worried about fitting in, but so far that experience has been good also. Respond back if you want more info. P.S....... Love that BoJangles dirty rice!!!!!!

Jeff J.

From one Caldwellian to a soon to be, we welcome you here and hope you enjoy the area as much as you do Bo's rice (the biscuits aren't bad either.)

Thanks for your service! Think you will fit in beautifully as you will probably quickly find that North Carolinians really appreciate the sacrifice that you and other military families have provided for us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 AM

47 posts, read 201,258 times
Thank you much for the warm welcome. I retired from the Air Force in 2002 after 20+ years and my wife will do the same on Dec 11th. I have been stationed in some nice places such as Fort Walton Beach Florida, Myrtle Beach South Carolina, San Antonio Texas and many overseas countries. We both are originally from the Midwest (Iowa and Wisconsin). We have no family or friend ties yet to NC, no potential job leads......... My point is for those who maybe are on the "doubters list".... of all the places we could have settled especially with the "free" Air Force final move, we selected this area and are so looking forward to the rest of our lives in this beautiful part of America.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and just a classy example of the fine people in NC.

Jeff J.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,861,976 times
There are some good pictures and information on the homepage of charlotte.com right now about the renovations of abandoned warehouses into homes, condos, and offices in downtown Hickory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina