U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,412 times

Advertisements

I am currently deployed but plan to purchase a house in Hope Mills on Nontucket Lane, off Camden Rd. I hear that it is an upcoming area and a great place to live. I do not currently have children but am may have some in the future so schools can be important. Also can anyone tell me what the future shopping centers will house? Any help will be great!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,710,954 times
That is in Legion Hills subdivision. I would not agree that it is a "upcoming" area. It is actually a declining neigborhood dominated by rentals and foreclosures. It is off Legion Road actually. Our office is just down the street on Legion Road and I have friends who live and have lived in Legion Hills. You can send me a private message for more info.

Here is an old C-D post about Legion Hills.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ope-mills.html

Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 9,548 times
Hallo,moving to Hope mills NC buying a home and i have railroad tracks behind my home.Can anyone tell me what kind a trains run trough Hope Milss NC thank you

Old 04-15-2009, 07:49 AM

983 posts, read 3,804,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli123 View Post
Hallo,moving to Hope mills NC buying a home and i have railroad tracks behind my home.Can anyone tell me what kind a trains run trough Hope Milss NC thank you

Don't think Amtrack runs on those tracks...mostly long freight trains.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:22 PM

18 posts, read 44,355 times
We have lived in Hope Mills for 2 years and I will say that Hope Mills Middle School and South View High School have been great! I can't speak for any of the other schools. We selected Hope Mills from many posts on this very site when we moved, so I think it is important to be honest. Hope Mills is (in my opinion) an older town that they are attempting to build up, but I just don't know how other people feel about a "new" housing/shopping/movie area surrounded by many old and run down neighborhoods. The town is "quaint", but there isn't much that is new about it except the new area that is currently being built. It's nice that Fayetteville is close by for the mall/shopping/chain stores like Best Buy, Target, and pretty much all other shopping that you may need! It's a congested town...many people driving but not enough roads so there always seems to be a backup of traffic! The people are super nice, but since we've been here...we really love Raleigh, and Wilmington! Hope this helps...good luck with your search!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 PM

I agree about Southview High School; my son went all four years there and it was excellent.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM

887 posts, read 1,503,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli123 View Post
It's a CSX mainline, about 20 trains a day, plus a few Amtrak's. Any time, day or night as usual. There's alot of intermodal and coal trains, but i'm not sure how much HazMat stuff they run.. it's an important route for CSX, they do a very good job in maintaining the tracks so i wouldn't be too concerned about that. However, they do have one at-grade crossing near town. If it's near that, the trains horns might be a nuicanse.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 PM

That is awesome information. And from Finland..... This forum is great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>