Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2007, 09:29 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times

Advertisements

My husband is a commercial construction superintendent and if we move to NC, he'll be looking for a position in that field. Does anyone know if the commercial construction industry is strong there? We assume it is because of the growth, but this may be the residential area of construction. If you're in the business, do you know of any companies with a good reputation that we should look into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 03:31 PM

283 posts, read 1,290,928 times
Depends on where in NC you are looking.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 AM

68 posts, read 195,274 times
tons of jobs in and around Charlotte; check out charlotte.com

Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
It is strong in the charlotte area and the cities that surround it. If he bilinqual even a bigger bonus.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times
We were looking around the Raleigh area. He understands Spanish, but doesn't speak it (rats!). We haven't even looked at Charlotte really; maybe we should!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:28 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,031 times
JCO, IN Charlotte there is a fair amount of construction in the uptown area. If he knows Spanish he maybe able to find something there. Charlotte uses many hispanics in commercial and residential building. A few people I know have been force out of general construction and into high end remodeling or other industries. Be fore warned though we have an absolute ton of retail, warehouse and office space available that is not leased at thism time. No one is talking about this. If there is a slow down in the area I suspect it could quickly move into the commercial construction sector. We are already see large layoffs in our banks and mortgage companies. Good luck by the way Blythe construction seems to be one that recieves a lot of corporate welfare handouts maybe this would be one to look at for a job.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Also areas that are just taking off as well, and will take off once the new highways in those areas are complete. North Lake mall area is still in it birth stage. At some point that area will turn into a mega shopping area similar to the area of Concord Mills and Carolina Place mall area.

I know you dont live here but the location of this mall is near I 77 at exit 18 and 485 will be finish in future within minutes from this mall and malls around here always attract other big box stores, restaurants etc. Doesnt hurt to apply a no is just that move on a mail the next resume. Good luck.

Another area that will take off like firecracker is Denver NC as soon as Huntersville is maxed out on it's east side. Lowes Hardware and Walmart are already in building stage in this area and Im sure more commercial construction will come.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
I live in Wilmington, and right now the commercial construction is booming here. I also work in commercial construction and i can tell you we have been busier in the last two years than we have ever have been. if you might be interested in this area i can get a few names of local companies. Just let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina