Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:42 PM

11 posts, read 38,251 times

Advertisements

LOL, i know what you mean about the weather. You can get some warm days when it is not suppose to be warm. But yeah there is a spring, summer, winter , and fall. When it snows it is usually under a foot. I remember the year in the 80's when it snowed deep as 3 feet. That was a little much for that area. But it happened. One thing I found out is the humidity is the same here in Fla., as it is in Jacksonville N.C. I assume it is because of the waterways. And both places are swampy. I hate Thanksgiving and Christmas here in Fla. It does not have the holiday feel. I never got use to it. I am glad to be leaving. Might not be important to some people, but it is to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 12:15 AM

246 posts, read 1,057,079 times
Talking highliner

Kentucky, a 'hot spot'? Oh man, you've got to put that bottle down, and drink some water for a bit. Seriously, though, the eastern portion of our state has been experiencing heavy net loss of population for at least 25 years. The louisvile(misspelling intended) and Lexington metro stat areas are growing, as is the area across from Cincy, but the far eastern and western regions are losing folks in a steady stream. None of our growth areas, moreover, are experiencing anything like the boom in TN or NC. I love good old Ky, but a 'hotspot', it surely AIN'T!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:44 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
do you even have "seasons" that close to the coast of nc??? i have just been as far east as like the piedmont area, and in sept., it felt just like fla. it's already in the mid 80's in raleigh now, so i thought the closer east, maybe even warmer??? i like warmer weather, so i am just curious. if it could be a high of 80 and a low of 63 at night, all the time, that would be just fine with me. the heck with anything below 60.
Yeah, we have seasons over here. The cold ones just don't last as long. Record low here in Greenville is -4 and the record snowfall is 16". Just off the top of my head I think it got down to around 8 degrees this winter. There wasn't any more than a trace of snow for 10 minutes and a little bit of ice.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 AM

474 posts, read 2,192,451 times
Quote:
really? kentucky is a hot spot too now? wow, so many states are now hot spots that were once really never considered "hot spots." nc/ga/ky have always been around, i guess ppl are just now exploring them??? enlighten me on kentucky's popularity --- just b/c i'm curious, that's all...
Well, it would go off topic on this thread, so check out the Kentucky forum and ask around. I get my information from Realtors in various areas. TN is also a hot area now as well. The country is always on the move.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 AM

474 posts, read 2,192,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highliner View Post
Kentucky, a 'hot spot'? Oh man, you've got to put that bottle down, and drink some water for a bit. Seriously, though, the eastern portion of our state has been experiencing heavy net loss of population for at least 25 years. The louisvile(misspelling intended) and Lexington metro stat areas are growing, as is the area across from Cincy, but the far eastern and western regions are losing folks in a steady stream. None of our growth areas, moreover, are experiencing anything like the boom in TN or NC. I love good old Ky, but a 'hotspot', it surely AIN'T!

NC wasn't a hot spot 10 years ago -- and parts of TN weren't a twinkle in anyone's eye 4 years ago either. Until the word got out that land was cheap and certain areas were attractive for growth. Investors with vision like to buy low, wait it out, and sell high. Just the way growth starts all over the country.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
.....It's like we threw a party for 400 people and 10,000 showed up.
And not a one RSVPed.....

Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,281 times
nani, you should go to northern fla in the winter then, and experience some coller weather. there's a reason why northern fla is NOT crowded with snowbirds in the winter. it's too cold for them... too bad the rest of the state wasnt too cold for 'em i know some really nice northerners, and i've met some not-so-nice northerners.

i have to tell ya though, when i read/hear about all these ny'ers moving to tn/nc (usually because it's cheaper), and moving out of fla, i smile a bit...

Old 07-01-2008, 12:00 AM

5 posts, read 9,839 times
Quote:
really? kentucky is a hot spot too now? wow, so many states are now hot spots that were once really never considered "hot spots." nc/ga/ky have always been around, i guess ppl are just now exploring them??? enlighten me on kentucky's popularity --- just b/c i'm curious, that's all...

I was born and raised in Kenton County Kentucky but when I turned 18 I moved to Ohio. Because the lifestyle is so boring there. To many churches, awful schools. The kids I went to school with were rich annoying brats that made fun of all the handicapped kids. Ignorant as the day they were born. If you're homosexual; Punk; Goth; Hipster you can kiss that dream goodbye. Cause you will get beat up. I dont know what it is with Kentucky but im glad I moved away from that hell hole of a place. Instead of "Where Education Pays" It should say "Where Religion rots you're brain". You have to be the same if you're not the same you get beat up. I dropped out of highschool JUST to leave that misrable place. Id rather live pay check to pay check then let those ignorant people ruin my life. I dont even visit my parents, thats how much I hate Kentucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina