Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 AM

12 posts, read 45,000 times

Advertisements

I'm filling out a survey for an online organization that ranks cities and areas in various US cities and I need everyone's help.

If you pick anywhere in North Carolina to live, where would be and why.

Thank you for your help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,316,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbeaver View Post
I'm filling out a survey for an online organization that ranks cities and areas in various US cities and I need everyone's help.

If you pick anywhere in North Carolina to live, where would be and why.

Thank you for your help.

Several places come to mind:

In the mountains it would be Valle Crucis for the sheer beauty and proximity to the college town of Boone

Blowing Rock - the quaint very pedestrian friendly little town close to great hiking on Grandfather Mountain

Lake James near Morganton for it's beautiful water and moutain backdrops, and convenient assess to Asheville.

At the beach Oak Island/Southport area - just an awesome area for beaches and grand older homes.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:13 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,887,680 times
Some indiviual cities (not metros) I personally like:

Asheville - Very beautiful with a lot to do for such a small city. Wonderful weather.

Mt. Airy - Home of Andy Griffith and model for the town of "Mayberry". VERY lovely town. In the foothills.

Southern Pines - Just a really nice, well-kept town.

Southport - Beautiful town near the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina