Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:51 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,830 times

Advertisements

So what are demographics, if not a bunch of generalizations? And how are we pitting sides? I'm just trying to glean some useful information out of something that is inherently non-factual (politics).

There have been legitimate questions on this board about the politics of NC and the south in general, and this is an attempt to reconcile and understand the general differences in political points of view, based on geography.

I have no interest in arguing current politics. One's personal political views are largely irrelevant to this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2006, 05:33 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnative
I can only speak for myself and not for all Southerners, but I don't trust any politicians. I think that government has gotten much too complicated and powerful, and that the country would be better served by less government intervention in most areas of our lives.
Well, I'm a Northerner and I agree with your post.
Based on reading the previous posts, maybe the South is where I belong.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:23 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbay
When the rural south see's its farm lands eaten up by mega developers, water
and sewer plants over loaded and rebuilding( higher taxes) Country roads
backed up or miles, ( bigger, wider, more taxes). Then, I love this one, you get the retail markets and big box stores moving in promising no cost to tax payers for road improvements or traffic improvements. ( doesn't happen, more taxes)
Well, At this point your begging the local gov. for more regulations. Welcome
to the north east, thats what we got.....If you value your quality of life, don't
complain about government, it ain't going away, you need to get out to those
local zoning meetings and make your voice heard. ( almost nobody goes to these things, myself included, except developers and they are not concerned
with you paying higher taxes)
Amen! That is what happened to Long Island. I guess we did not believe our local government would sell us out, but they certainly did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina