Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessPie View Post
Too bad there's no IQ test at the DMV.

So much for me ever driving in this state if that were the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM

23 posts, read 64,825 times
Quote:
No one would be hired. Kinda like that Inspection that we pay for but get nothing for it. What a SHAM.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Us natives turn ON our headlights.
But we are greatly outnumbered, so you are more than likely seeing transplants ride around in the rain without headlights.

Ahem....I'm a transplant and use my headlights in the rain.

However, with the very quick, scattered and intermittent showers we've been having it's very likely I've missed them at least once. My head lights will come on when it gets cloudy and rainy usually but sometimes it's not dark enough to trigger them so I have to do it manually. I wish they made it automatic that the lights came on with the wipers. When it rains barely long enough for me to get the wipers on before it stops it could be over before I ever get the headlights on.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:54 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Ahem....I'm a transplant and use my headlights in the rain.

However, with the very quick, scattered and intermittent showers we've been having it's very likely I've missed them at least once. My head lights will come on when it gets cloudy and rainy usually but sometimes it's not dark enough to trigger them so I have to do it manually. I wish they made it automatic that the lights came on with the wipers. When it rains barely long enough for me to get the wipers on before it stops it could be over before I ever get the headlights on.
Actually, some of the new higher-end cars do that. When the wipers come on, the headlights do, too.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Actually, some of the new higher-end cars do that. When the wipers come on, the headlights do, too.
Cool. I'm going to have to look into that when/if I ever get a new higher-end car. I drive our 'old' truck (2001) most of the time and it doesn't even have daytime running lights. I'm so behind the times. LOL
But it's paid for so I don't complain and I usually remember to turn the lights on. After the house is paid for I'm going car shopping.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,738,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorsNutrition View Post
For it to be enforced would mean that somebody would be getting wet, like the Police Officer. It's already dangerous enough stopping people in the dry much less when it's raining. So highly unlikely you will see that getting enforced and I don't blame them for that.

Most cars of today have some type of Day-Lights on them.
True... I guess in Chicago it seemed like it was enforced more, but then again cops in Chicago won't be deterred by anything so long as they can issue a ticket!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:15 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
My car turns the headlights on for me when the windshield wipers are turned on. I think a lot of people who do not have this feature on their cars just forget. I did this before it was the law because I realized it was a safety measure. You can see a car so much easier in the rain if their headlights are on.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:07 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Best post of the week!

Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 AM

299 posts, read 1,071,182 times
Ok, don't flame me for this one..... what is the rule about hazard lights in the snow??? I'm not familiar with this one, and I grew up in Wisconsin! (unless you simply mean turning on your hazards if you become disabled or run off the road or are driving REALLLLLLLY slowly... then I already knew those rules ) But I guess before I move there, I should found out what the rules are. I don't wanna be one of the "transplants who doesn't know how to drive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
yes the law is we must have headlights on when its raining. We have many rule breakers here in Charlotte. One is headlights, the others are turn signals (optional), hazard lights when its snowing and raining (why?), Parking wherever you can fit the vehicle - how about leaving the pets in the vehicle with the windows up and temp in the 100's what about labs jumping out of the pick up truck beds at 70 mph? And then theres 'Black Ice" rule breakers....they use breaks with both feet. I almost forgot....real bright fog lights, when there is no fog!
As a side note, your brights/high beams are NOT for fog. In fact, using your brights in fog is the opposite of what you're supposed to do. It simply reflects off the fog, rather than shining through it. Here's a litle article on MSNBC about safe driving in fog: How can you drive safely in fog? - Dateline NBC- msnbc.com

Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
North Carolina General Statutes § 20-129

(Required lighting equipment of vehicles)

http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislat.../gs_20-129.pdf

Last edited by mm34b; 05-29-2009 at 09:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina