Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2006, 05:40 PM

3 posts, read 8,025 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

A freind has recently relocated for the garden state (NJ) to Taylorsville. I was wondering how I can find some property listings out there now that I am interested in something in a very country like setting. Preferably with land and an old victorian on several acreas that would like some fixing.. But I am really not familiar with the area and I have had really bad experience with real estate brokers here .

Does anyone know of a local that is looking to sell a property? I hope I am not violating the rules now that I would like to have local input and not a sales pitch

Please email me if you know of any one to boejr1@yahoo.com

I'll be back with more questions when I find something

Blessings,

boe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2006, 05:45 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,661 times
You can try a FBSO (for sale by owner) search.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Fsbo

Hi Weis,

Thanks for answering to my post

I did try FSBO, but I did not see anything that was a bit reasonably priced 110K to 200K. I am also looking for something in the out skirts of town versus in town.

I will give you some back ground...I own and operate a hyperbaric chamber here in NJ. I would like to relocate to somewhere that I can still have my chamber and not have to pay a small truck load of taxes... Or have any problems with the neighbors.

I am just in the initial stages of searching. My freind was able to pick up an old Victorian that needed a bit of TLC with 10 acreas for 145k. He did have to put in another 100 or so, but is still seemed worth it. I know that there has to be something in the area or surrounding towns but I don't have anyone out there that I could as. And the guy I know is busy with his construction so I don't want to put him out.

Thanks again,

Warmly,

Boejr

Old 07-09-2006, 06:51 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,661 times
I am not in NC yet - based on the fact you did not want to use a realtor that was my suggestion using FSBO -

I would suggest using a buyers agent in the area as they will be most familiar. You also may want to do a search for land only and see what pops up - Hope this helps a little.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM

23 posts, read 133,539 times
Smile I am looking in Taylorsville too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOEJR View Post
Hello all,

A freind has recently relocated for the garden state (NJ) to Taylorsville. I was wondering how I can find some property listings out there now that I am interested in something in a very country like setting. Preferably with land and an old victorian on several acreas that would like some fixing.. But I am really not familiar with the area and I have had really bad experience with real estate brokers here .

Does anyone know of a local that is looking to sell a property? I hope I am not violating the rules now that I would like to have local input and not a sales pitch

Please email me if you know of any one to boejr1@yahoo.com

I'll be back with more questions when I find something

Blessings,

boe
Did your friend give any feedback as to how they liked it? Are their school aged children involved? Thanks.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:03 AM

219 posts, read 965,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebsmom View Post
Did your friend give any feedback as to how they liked it? Are their school aged children involved? Thanks.

Are you still looking in TAylorsville? We have been here, from NJ, since the beginning of JUly and love it. The people are so nice and friendly .

ANy questions?
Melissa

Old 08-23-2007, 05:29 PM

Default taylorsville

Hi Melissa,

It has been a year since this post and I will tell you that my husband did buy some land in Ruffin SC & I did buy a house that is half done in Pa.

I was looking for something in the way of an old Victorian. I don't know alot about Taylorsville but is did seem attractive at the time... Perhaps if the right house came along I would still be interested.

Kind regards,

boe,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina