U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM

69 posts, read 273,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches591 View Post
FunneFam, I'm from Monmouth County, NJ. How about you?

BethanyTed, thank you as that helps me understand as our weather is nothing like that up here! I am going to research some of those places suggested by the others. It sounds like they might fufill our desires and dreams
i am from monmouth county too.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 AM

787 posts, read 3,442,070 times
Peaches, since you are from Monmouth County, NJ, do you recall the 1985 murder trial of dentist Dr. Kenneth Taylor? He killed his wife Teresa and the incident was the source of the made for television show "In a Child's Name...Legacy of a Mother's Murder." It also inspired a book by Peter Maas of the same name. I was just wondering if you were familiar with it. I know the Taylor's son is grown now and just hope that his aunt that ultimately ended up with custody of him has been able to help him come to terms with his mother's death.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:07 PM

4 posts, read 16,970 times
I am a carpenter by trade, and can vouch for there being lots of work for plumbers, especially with experience, and no drug habits. Housing is available at all price ranges, it just depends on what you want/need. Myself, I need a 3 bed room, and I would like a 2 bath. Right now we are looking at relocating to a more historic part of wilmington and there is a lot out there from 100k all the way up to 2000000. you can get a great house here for 150k. Right now in wilmington it is a buyers market. People got all excited about the rise in property values, and everyone started selling at once, flooding the market with high priced houses, that are not selling. I love Wilmington. And the ghetto is not that bad, I just smile and wave, and most people smile and wave back. anyway, good luck. John

Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 AM

13 posts, read 42,419 times
bethany, i'm unfamiliar :/ sorry about that.

funne, small world!

hjal-thank you so much that is great to know!

you all are such a help! thank you so much! we are looking to take a trip and look at our narrowed down choices, however, we're still doing research b/c we want to narrow our choices down as much as possible before going down there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina