Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:12 PM

41 posts, read 215,556 times

Advertisements

i was born and raised in central florida,im 42 now.and they finally ran me out,i coudnt be happier.its too crowded to much traffic too,hot(im in construction).and i dont speak spanish.we made a good profit.and bought land and 2 homes here in forest city..i feel i should have always been here.i never will go back.love it here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 03:50 PM

19 posts, read 63,902 times
I am from Salisbury, Nc and I currently live in Lake Mary FL. I hate it here. I am planning to move to the Greensboro, NC area.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcd01 View Post
Has anyone else left the 'Sunshine State' for North Carolina? Where did you move from in FL and where to in NC?

I moved my family to Raleigh from W Palm Beach last summer. It got too expensive, crime was rising in the area, property taxes skyrocketing, insurance very high, crowded, heat, hurricanes, etc. Life certainly isn't 'Sunshine' in South Florida. Absolutely NO intention in moving back there EVER! Raleigh is a much, much better place to raise a family.
We just left WPB 2 weeks ago and moved to Clayton, I feel it was a very smart move, considering the crime rate and cost of living down there. No regrets so far........ Better schools nicer people and not near as many hurricanes.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound View Post
I'm in Boca raton about one minute from the beach and trying to get to nc. The heat will be here soon enough. Been here 32 years and ready to go. Looking at raleigh and wilmington.
I grew up in Boca, just moved to NC and have no regrets thus far. I will miss some family and friends, but really, that all !! To hot for the beach, dont habla espanole, dont want to sit in I-95 traffic, home owner inurance went from 3700 to 450 a year, no hurricanes, better schools, less gangs and crimes.... I could go on and on but to what end, Fla was a great place to grow up in the 70s and 80s but things change. I feel better knowing my kids are safer and able to enjoy the outdoors with out having mom or dad eagle eyeing them at all times, I think we made the right move but time will tell.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
QUOTE: "I feel better knowing my kids are safer and able to enjoy the outdoors with out having mom or dad eagle eyeing them at all times, I think we made the right move but time will tell." END QUOTE

it just depends on what part of fla you lived in before, and where you moved to in nc... where i live in fla, i would feel BETTER aboit my kids being outside and so forth. where i lived in nc, the place was filled with illegal immigrants. many of them leaving beer bottles in their yard, whistling out women in the pools, playing loud music. this is a sign of the times where i lived in nc.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:07 AM

109 posts, read 554,534 times
It's been a long time since the last post, wow!
Well, we left Florida for a job offer in central North Carolina around Greensboro. The pace of life is killing me since all my life I lived fast and hate procrastination. I feel it's generally more expensive here than in Tampa Bay area, and jobs are scarce too. Things move really slow, but most people are polite, though I met several rudeheads already. I don't feel accepted and quite often feel judged by the glances of the natives. I would think this is schizophrenic, but my husband who is much more outgoing feels this too, he told me so.
Still, it's a lovely area with the most gorgeus scenery, the air to kill for, the beautiful unique houses and old buildings. Florida sure doesn't feel as old and authentic. I wish I could just one day get up and get out of my hermit shell and start enjoying life. Right now I feel I have to make a place for myself and my family in this area, still not welcome and alone. Mostly communicating with other transplants and really miss Florida, not Florida people though. And I am not really cold, but having small children, I always have to put a lot of clothes on them to go for a walk, something never done in Florida.
They say the area here is safer and better for raising children. I hope this is true. Just not much to do and I tend to stay around the house and yard and play with my chidlren rather than going out and seeking new adventures.
I wish I was given a chance to belong here and not feel so unsure all the time because I am from out of state.

Last edited by ukrworld; 02-10-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM

36 posts, read 102,465 times
I'm in the process right now of trying to move to NC. My house is for sale in Wesley Chapel, I will be lucky to breakeven the way the market has crashed. Add me to the list of people who cannot stand FL and want to move to NC. With the lack of jobs, traffic, Florida's gov't, poor schools, I am soooooo ready to move.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 AM

3 posts, read 4,670 times
Well I'm looking to move from Central Florida this year. This post was very informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina