Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM

5 posts, read 19,312 times

Advertisements

I've looked at the Virginia Beach area but me and my fiance are also intrested in North Carolina as a place to raise our family. We were looking at living near the beach, possibly close to the Virginia line since my fiance has a lot of family there. One city I managed to get some information on is Elizabeth City, but I've been getting mixed reviews on it. Also, what are the best childrens hospitals in North Carolina? We have a premature daughter who needs a whole lot of healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 19,773 times
HI Kelley

You can't beat the hospitals in the Winston-Salem area! You are in the western part of the state so not so close to beaches but cost of living, jobs and beauty of the surroundings cannot be beat. I moved here from NH Jan 2006, and love it here. The people are wonderful. I miss my family, but other than that it is wonderful. I know that Brenner's Children's Hospital, a part of Wake Forest Baptist Hospital has an amazing reputation. Check out the Winston-Salem website and I think that you will definitely want to look into it more.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-31-2007 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: TACKY soliciting

Old 05-25-2007, 01:14 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,009,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyF08 View Post
Also, what are the best childrens hospitals in North Carolina?
U.S. News & World Report ranks the Duke University Medical Center as the top hospital for pediatrics in the state. Ranked #18 nationally for the specialty in their 2006 survey.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/health/best-hospitals/directory/glance_6360355.htm (broken link)

Old 05-25-2007, 02:20 PM

173 posts, read 939,547 times
NC is the way to go!
Look into Wake and Johnston County.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM

10 posts, read 36,335 times
I live in Elizabeth City, what reveiws are you getting? I'll try to help you any way I can. The closest hosp.(for your daughter) would be Kings Daughter in Va, about 45 min drive from E-City (AKA Elizabeth City)

Old 06-02-2007, 01:35 PM

90 posts, read 343,314 times
If you have family on the coast of VA THEN I WOULD SUGGEST CURRITUCK COUNTY NC IT BOARDER VA and if you love the beach then your close to the outer banks and not to far from VA BEACH.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:20 AM

237 posts, read 856,074 times
not sure about coastal north carolina, but the raleigh areas is about 2 hours from the beach, and the Research Triangle Park has great medical research. Duke University is great, im from NY an knew people who used to bring their children down to Duke, because their childrens medical issues responded positively to cord blood, they arer the best in the country. Cary which is right near there, was voted one of the safest, best places to live, work and retire. My wife and I wanted to move to Cary, but the type of home that we would be looking for is out of our price range, so instead we are moving to just outside of charlotte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina