Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 02:13 PM

22 posts, read 38,260 times

Advertisements

>> I need to KNOW I can pay my rent.

Stop being so pushy.

NCESC will get around to it. Whether or not you can afford a place to live is not nearly as important as the stress experienced by the workers at NCESC who have to field angry phone calls every single day! Do you think about their feelings even once in awhile? While you're sitting back in your luxury apartment enjoying the delicious forbidden fruit of your generous unemployment, those workers are answering calls for sometimes as much as five or six hours a day.

All of the unemployed belligerently insist on claiming funds that were merely allocated and mandated by Congress and signed into law by the president, but just because a thing is your legal right, does not mean that you can just claim it from NCESC. They have to run that payment around the building a few times. Hide it under a shrub for about a week or two. Send it out for pizza and coffee. Let is ferment a little in a basement drawer. Hide it behind some important files on an obscure PC. And then check in on your money every couple of weeks to make sure it's not having babies. And then finally, maybe, perhaps, possibly, trotting it out triumphantly to the persistent few who have not given up or shot themselves out of despair.

It's a long, long race. If you can stumble or crawl across the finish line, you might receive a cup of juice and a cookie.

NCESC is only "protecting the fund" from you, the people for whom it has been set up.

If protecting the fund means people like you need to lose their homes, then that's the righteous calling that the noble defenders of the sacred trust have been called to achieve. They're heroes, man. And who are you? Just some guy... who needs to pay rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 PM

22 posts, read 38,260 times
BTW, for the NCESC employees (or indeed anyone) who think unemployment is such a sweet gig... ask them if they'd like to trade places with you.

Not one of them will take you up on it.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Ok so I got through on the 888-737-0259 number. I spoke with a lady that was very helpful and seemed knowledgable. She says that the pull forwards are happening every Tuesday as Jdljr says. But they are going through in batches so as to not overload the system. She had no way of seeing where my claim falls. She does acknowledge that I am eligible for tier three to pull forwad. She says all I can do is wait. So it looks like I will be waiting until at least next Tuesday when the next batch runs. Please pray with me that I get paid next week. Time is running out!

Jdljr- please comment on this. I feel like I am getting the run around.
I'm sending (((PRAYERS))) your way.
We want this to be your batch that goes through this Tuesday!

Wow, I wonder what amount of claims would be classified as a "Batch"?
20, 100, 5000?
I know this is a stressor for you right now., it's such a long time to go without a paycheck.
Did the lady you talked with today mention that there will be a retro pay for pullforwards that have been on hold ?

Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 PM

177 posts, read 304,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I'm sending (((PRAYERS))) your way.
We want this to be your batch that goes through this Tuesday!

Wow, I wonder what amount of claims would be classified as a "Batch"?
20, 100, 5000?
I know this is a stressor for you right now., it's such a long time to go without a paycheck.
Did the lady you talked with today mention that there will be a retro pay for pullforwards that have been on hold ?
Thank you!

She didn't say. As I understand it, if you have been able to file then when the pull forwards happen the system will pay for all the weeks you have filed. There are some people though that have not even been able to file. (Thank God that is not my case) I am not sure what happens to them.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 9,069 times
I have been able to file for the last 4 weeks,but have seen no money,are you saying if this tier IV goes through tonight I will still have to wait till they pull my file foward? which could be when??

Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 PM

177 posts, read 304,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd111 View Post
I have been able to file for the last 4 weeks,but have seen no money,are you saying if this tier IV goes through tonight I will still have to wait till they pull my file foward? which could be when??
I do not think we are talking about the same thing. For me I am in my second benefit year and did not qualify for extensions this year. Therefore they have to "pull forward" my extensions (tier 3 and 4) from the first benefit year. You are just waiting on the tier four extension to be prgrammed right? If so then I don't think you'll have to wait but I am not really sure.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM

12 posts, read 31,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd111 View Post
Billy, jdljr will be along to correct me or others if I am wrong - but just wanted to say that something like this happened to me also. I was able to file but was not getting paid.

My regular UI benefits expired at the end of February and I was able to file March 1st but did not get paid that week or the next week. I was told it was a computer upgrade, then a glitch, then that my benefits had run out, and then that NC was out of money as the bill had just passed

I called the NCESC several times to get all these replies, and I drove down there and was able to get an appt for 1 week later. Meanwhile I kept calling and was told someone was looking at my file.

The issue turned out to be what JDLJR had originally told me. I expired right about the time that the vote was not passed in congress. Then it did pass, but the NCESC had to revise their programs to incorporate the new date. This was a somewhat cumbersome process and it takes time.

I really am not sure if some one that I talked to fixed my file or if they just got to it, but they did fix it thank goodness and I can now file and get paid. I am now on Tier 1 of EUC08.

I recommend you call or go to the ESC office to see what is going on with your claim. Also there is a ton of excellent info in this thread - I read the whole thing during that second week while I was trying to figure out what was going on with UI benefits.

Best of luck to you

Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 8,899 times
Default Most current info rec'd @ 10 am

Just thought I'd share the info that I rec'd this morning via email from a NCESC rep., since everyone seems to getting different responses.

"We are going to attempt to implement EUC08, Tier IV during overnight
processing tonight, 3/17. Qualified applicants will receive payments
retroactive to the date they would first have been eligible. It will be
a case by case basis (based on what, I do not know) whether it will work
automatically or whether something will need to be done to fix the
claim. Most likely whether or not the claim has been exhausted over 4
weeks -- that seemed to be the criteria last time, but did not hold true
in every case.

Check your claim tomorrow and see what happened. I'm sorry, but that's
the best advice I can offer at this point."

Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM

86 posts, read 174,190 times
all right, NCESC website is down!!! Something is happening!!!!!!! let's hope.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
all right, NCESC website is down!!! Something is happening!!!!!!! let's hope.
Yep, it was schedued shut down to supoosedly get tier 4 finished up.
Should be up again in the morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina