Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know the CURRENT deadline for advancing to new tiers? Does this include a deadline for starting EB? I will receive my last check for Tier4 for the week ending April 17th. I am on my second year of regular UI and extensions- only got to Tier2 during first BYE due to waiting 3 months til severance pay was used up. Supposedly $1700 left from first year extensions but I don't think this will ever pull forward because I got 13 weeks of regular UI plus extensions during second BYE. My second BYE ends 6/12/2010. I know these are a lot of questons but any inf would be appreciated! Thanks.
Hi,
IMO, you should just squeeze in the EB for this benefit year., I'm fairly certain the new date in around May 4th(?) to advance into another extension....somebody please correct me if I'm wrong
I'm guessing all the same stipulations will apply to getting your EB, no past disqualifications, appeals ect..... Of course if they further extend the date to the end of 2010 and word has it that theres a strong possibility that they will, then we may unfortunately have the whole computer mess again in May, with delays and the whole nine yards.

You won't be able to have anything from your 1st BY pulled forward since you qualified for extensions in your new year.
After EB, (for now )you'd be done.. UNLESS, a tier 5 is approved down the road.
Goodluck!

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 03-24-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 AM

177 posts, read 304,517 times
You know I was just trying to figure things out. The odd amount I recieved was 4% of my original claim. But....the additional $25 wasn't added. Has it been this way for others? I am just curious. There is no way I would jeopardize the possible "final" fix on my file over $25.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 AM

407 posts, read 660,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd111 View Post
This is not a Troll Post. I was told today by a very good source that a Tier V has been worked out , no details yet,just that workers at NCESCs are being told that yes a Tier V has Been Worked out and should go into effect evry soon, maybe before the 15th of April. Maybe some of you might have conections to confirm this info,or if JDLJR comes on tonight he can confirm??
OK why is it that all these TIER V posts, ALWAYS start out by someone saying "THIS IS NOT A TROLL POST..." and they ALWAYS Seem to come from people who JUST JOINED and never quote any verifiable info?

Tier 5? maybe, but its not a done deal by any means. Congress STILL has to pass the extensions to extend the CURRENT Tier extensions through the end of 2010 before TIER 5 would become a discussion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
You know I was just trying to figure things out. The odd amount I recieved was 4% of my original claim. But....the additional $25 wasn't added. Has it been this way for others? I am just curious. There is no way I would jeopardize the possible "final" fix on my file over $25.

Well when I went to eppicard to see if a deposit was made the $25 WAS added. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd111 View Post
This is not a Troll Post. I was told today by a very good source that a Tier V has been worked out , no details yet,just that workers at NCESCs are being told that yes a Tier V has Been Worked out and should go into effect evry soon, maybe before the 15th of April. Maybe some of you might have conections to confirm this info,or if JDLJR comes on tonight he can confirm??
Wow,
I haven't heard that yet!
I have been reading all morning and have read the usual talk asking questions about it ect....
Do you have any links or anything I can read info at?
By the way, I'm sorry I recieved your message a little late, I hope you have everything resolved?

(KC)

Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 AM

407 posts, read 660,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know the CURRENT deadline for advancing to new tiers? Does this include a deadline for starting EB? I will receive my last check for Tier4 for the week ending April 17th. I am on my second year of regular UI and extensions- only got to Tier2 during first BYE due to waiting 3 months til severance pay was used up. Supposedly $1700 left from first year extensions but I don't think this will ever pull forward because I got 13 weeks of regular UI plus extensions during second BYE. My second BYE ends 6/12/2010. I know these are a lot of questons but any inf would be appreciated! Thanks.
Ditto to the other reply, BUT I will add that The current deadline was passed as an addtl 30 days extension ---
its only purpose was to give congress an extra month to work on a longer term solution (to extend through the end of 2010) while they finished the health care bill.

I think we all expect that they will either 1. Pass something before they take a 2 week break (which i think starts the 30th?) or they will 2. pass another 30 days extension and iron it out when they come back from Easter break....

Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Well when I went to eppicard to see if a deposit was made the $25 WAS added. Sorry.
Did I read right, you are getting your benefit amount from your 1st year?
Glad you found the $25.00

Old 03-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Did I read right, you are getting your benefit amount from your 1st year?
Glad you found the $25.00
Yes the benefit amount has one back up to the first year amount. Remember though...I did not qualify for extensions in this year so my benefits are now a part of the Pull Forward from BY1 of tier 3 and 4.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM

5 posts, read 9,071 times
I can understand your concerns!I went into a local office to resolve an issue Im had on my profile,which I did.Since, I have been collecting benefits since Feb 2008, I also wanted to see where I stood and how many weeks I had Left. That is when I found out that I have One week Left. that is when I told the Head of the Location, I guess That is it for me, She then stated that a Tier V has been worked out behind Closed doors and they were just waiting on the details, that is why I said that some of you seasoned bloggers might have someone you know who could confirm the Information That was given me this morning. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Yes the benefit amount has one back up to the first year amount. Remember though...I did not qualify for extensions in this year so my benefits are now a part of the Pull Forward from BY1 of tier 3 and 4.
yep,

Yes, very good.... just checking.
Thanks jskin for the updates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina