Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, those wages in Jan-Mar wouldn't make a difference because even right now they would be part of the "alternate base period", but when your 2nd benefit year was filed, that quarter's wages weren't even in use.

You say you barely qualified for 2nd year UI...could it be that you met the 1.5 times rule in the 2nd benefit year to qualify for new extensions? If that's the case, and since the EUC program hasn't yet been extended...I believe you would qualify for the new EB to be built in that 2nd year.

I'll be interested to hear what you're told...this is one of those cases when I wish I could see the claim!
I really don't think I meet the 1.5 rule., although less weekly income, it would be easier if I did just roll straight ahead into the remaining tiers with EB.
I'll post back tomorrow after I seeTHAT SCREEN!, lol!
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 AM

17 posts, read 32,512 times
KC~Carolina and jdljr . . . many thanks to both of you! It is right now 5:45 AM so I still cannot log in to the NCESC site to see if they did the pullforwards last night. Keeping my fingers crossed for a little longer . . .

Old 06-10-2010, 04:30 AM

To jdljr and KC~Carolina . . . . THE PULLFORWARDS HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Happy, happy, happy!!!!!!! Many thanks to both of you!!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 AM

13 posts, read 35,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcole View Post
To jdljr and KC~Carolina . . . . THE PULLFORWARDS HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Happy, happy, happy!!!!!!! Many thanks to both of you!!!!
YAY! I'm so happy for you!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 AM

330 posts, read 460,863 times
as my 2nd benefit year just ended, i figured i would go back to where i was on the federal extensions/tiers when year one ended.

here was the response:

"Once your new claim is filed, potential eligibility for extension funds is based on that new claim. If your are determined ineligible for benefits based on your current claim, then there is a possibility that extension funds from your old claim could be pulled forward to your new claim.

If you are ineligible for benefits on your current claim, the process of pulling forward funds from your prior claim is lengthy, and could take several weeks. This is because, this is not done automatically by the system."

so, they look at year 2, instead of going back to where you were when you left in year one. nonchronological. hmm.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
WOW, YAY, HAPPY DANCE!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
as my 2nd benefit year just ended, i figured i would go back to where i was on the federal extensions/tiers when year one ended.

here was the response:

"Once your new claim is filed, potential eligibility for extension funds is based on that new claim. If your are determined ineligible for benefits based on your current claim, then there is a possibility that extension funds from your old claim could be pulled forward to your new claim.

If you are ineligible for benefits on your current claim, the process of pulling forward funds from your prior claim is lengthy, and could take several weeks. This is because, this is not done automatically by the system."

so, they look at year 2, instead of going back to where you were when you left in year one. nonchronological. hmm.
hmmm.......
ok, let me see if I understand this.
You have finished year one, but had some tiers left when you had to start a new benefit year(#2)
So did you finish year 2 or did you just finish UI and were ineligible for EUC in year 2?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM

406 posts, read 787,893 times
Quote:
Apparently they didn't happen for everyone...

Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, those wages in Jan-Mar wouldn't make a difference because even right now they would be part of the "alternate base period", but when your 2nd benefit year was filed, that quarter's wages weren't even in use.

You say you barely qualified for 2nd year UI...could it be that you met the 1.5 times rule in the 2nd benefit year to qualify for new extensions? If that's the case, and since the EUC program hasn't yet been extended...I believe you would qualify for the new EB to be built in that 2nd year.

I'll be interested to hear what you're told...this is one of those cases when I wish I could see the claim!
JDLJR,
ok, I went and waited and basically found out that they say I am eligible for a new set of tiers in year 2.
I still didn't understand it as she showed me the screen and explained.
I'll get the minimum amount on all tiers at my lower rate.
Thus the reason I qualify for EB right now at 11 weeks.
So crazy that my EUC tiers and EB at this new year rate is still a way lesser amount than collecting a pullforward for remaining tier 2, then 3&4 from yr1.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 AM

wjsluvskaz . . . Sorry! When did your benefit year end? Mine ended on 5/23/2010. So I had filed 2 weeks with no benefits coming. Was waiting on the "pullforwards". Mine was pulled forward last night and the 2 payments have been processed. Very nice lady, Diana, from ESC called me at 9:05 this morning to tell me about it and my proceeds will be in the bank in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina