Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, if she qualified for NEW extensions in the 2nd benefit year, then EB would be part of those new extensions and since the EUC program has not yet been extended, it would be EB she is collecting at this time. When/if the EUC program gets extended, she would revert back to the EUC until exhausted, then go back to EB.

It may be possible, once she exhausts the money in her current claim, to collect any remaining EUC money from her old benefit year, provided that the EUC program is still in existence when she gets to that point.
So how is it possible to collect everything in your 2nd benefit year and then revert back to unused year one extension money?
I thought once you qualified for UI and a new set of extensions and also EB in yr 2, that was all she wrote?
Or.. could it be that if you still had months left before your year ended they would send you back to get the year one money you left off with? (whew)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 10:10 AM

7 posts, read 13,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
If you're in your first benefit year, no problem on switching over to EB - have someone do a "B1 NIE" to build the EB on your claim (as long as you didn't have a disqualification on your claim - then you wouldn't qualify) when you exhaust the EUC tier you're in - IF the Senate has not extended the EUC program by then.

If you're in your 2nd benefit year and received regular UI in the 2nd benefit year, you wouldn't qualify for EB.
I called up my local NCESC office and was told that in order to collect EB I had to file a claim from the NCESC web site even though I'm only at the end of Tier 1.

Is this correct? I don't want to mess anything up if this was erroneous info.

Again, thanks a bunch!
L

Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM

23 posts, read 40,905 times
Jdlr, I have a quick question. I am going for eligibility reviews approx every 4 weeks and they have gone well. I'm concerned that I may be on vacation when the next one rolls around, later in July. I'm sure that is a common problem in summer. What should I do about that? Will I be penalized if I have to reschedule? I could go in earlier, rather than later, if that would be helpful. Suggestions?

Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM

jdljr,
another question concerning (my) upcoming eligibility review on JUne 30th . This will be my first review and I have all my job search records since day 1.
I suppose what I need to know, is since I just started collecting EB, does my job search documenting need to be any different than what I've been already filling out on the forms.
Do I need to get a name of the person I leave my applications with ect..?
Or, is it still allowed to send in resume's online and list the company and date you sent them.

I don't want to have anything go wrong at this review and it has my nerves rattled some.
Thanks,
KC

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 06-22-2010 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
Jdlr, I have a quick question. I am going for eligibility reviews approx every 4 weeks and they have gone well. I'm concerned that I may be on vacation when the next one rolls around, later in July. I'm sure that is a common problem in summer. What should I do about that? Will I be penalized if I have to reschedule? I could go in earlier, rather than later, if that would be helpful. Suggestions?
Have you been having EB eigibility reviews?
If so, would you mind telling me what goes on at your review?
I have my first one June 30th, I just started collecting EB, so although I've been on unemployment for 1 1/2 yrs now, I haven't been reviewed.
I also haven't been talking in person to every contatct I make, so I'm wondering about this also. I usually send in my resume and also call back to make sure it was recieved and then I drop off app's at other places.
thanks

Old 06-22-2010, 02:26 PM

616 posts, read 1,751,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I have my first one June 30th, I just started collecting EB, so although I've been on unemployment for 1 1/2 yrs now, I haven't been reviewed.
I also haven't been talking in person to every contatct I make, so I'm wondering about this also. I usually send in my resume and also call back to make sure it was recieved and then I drop off app's at other places.
thanks
Good question - me too. I've tried to talk to hiring people, or make personal contact, but it's been a no go thus far. Except for agencies - I have been able to meet with their reps. My very first ever review is July 1st.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM

23 posts, read 40,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
thanks

KC~Carolina, I'm happy to share my experience as I have been to 3 reviews and will go to my fourth next Tuesday....I live in Charlotte, NC. Once my name is called, I go back to a little cubby area with a person, who usually asks, "So, how is the job search going?" I share some generalities and my hopes for a position, when I have one. I then show them the job search records for the weeks since my last visit. They peruse them and may ask a question or comment on one (i.e., twice the lady was glad to see that I've tried to apply outside of Charlotte). In my case, as a School Psychologist, they will look to see that I've applied or tried to apply for those positions, which are being cut every year. Twice, the lady gave me a suggestion of another district and she expressed empathy re: job cuts in schools. The first guy was also very pleasant, but not as interested in the job search. I was worried about all of it. Most school systems require you to apply online now, so I just indicate that I attempted to apply on the job search record and the outcome, such as "no positions posted." I also use monster and apply online as well for related positions. Really, it was a breeze and took all of 6-7 minutes. They were very friendly. They did not require any one person's name as a contact. They also ask questions to make sure you're not receiving retirement or any other pay. Then, they key something in the computer and you're on your way for another four weeks. Hope that helps!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
KC~Carolina, I'm happy to share my experience as I have been to 3 reviews and will go to my fourth next Tuesday....I live in Charlotte, NC. Once my name is called, I go back to a little cubby area with a person, who usually asks, "So, how is the job search going?" I share some generalities and my hopes for a position, when I have one. I then show them the job search records for the weeks since my last visit. They peruse them and may ask a question or comment on one (i.e., twice the lady was glad to see that I've tried to apply outside of Charlotte). In my case, as a School Psychologist, they will look to see that I've applied or tried to apply for those positions, which are being cut every year. Twice, the lady gave me a suggestion of another district and she expressed empathy re: job cuts in schools. The first guy was also very pleasant, but not as interested in the job search. I was worried about all of it. Most school systems require you to apply online now, so I just indicate that I attempted to apply on the job search record and the outcome, such as "no positions posted." I also use monster and apply online as well for related positions. Really, it was a breeze and took all of 6-7 minutes. They were very friendly. They did not require any one person's name as a contact. They also ask questions to make sure you're not receiving retirement or any other pay. Then, they key something in the computer and you're on your way for another four weeks. Hope that helps!
well thankyou SOOOO very much, that does make me feel better about it.
I have aplied online as of late, but before that I went in person almost my whole first year.... lots of gas and frustration that's for sure.
Since I make less weekly this 2nd year, I started applying more online. I'm in the med field and have been my whole life.
I know my age and a small disabilty have limited my success(ugh)
I started some classes this Monday that will hopefully help me on the billing end of things.
Never thought I felt old at 50 until I had to go through this unemployment mess
Anyway, I appreciate your time in explaining the process to me
I'm in Rowan county, but live closer to Mooresville, so we're not too far apart
Goodluck to you!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Good question - me too. I've tried to talk to hiring people, or make personal contact, but it's been a no go thus far. Except for agencies - I have been able to meet with their reps. My very first ever review is July 1st.
Hi, so I'm a day ahead of you
well I feel a little better after reading Shanayamookie's post. It's hard to get to speak to the HR person unless they call you back for the interview.
I've had 6 callbacks in 1 1/2 years and lost out... deflating to say the least.
I just started EB June 8th, but I knew the "Letter" would be in the mail soon

I hope jdljr will clarify exactly if it's (ok) to file online for your means of contact while you collect EB. That's been my method the past 5 weeks.
Goodluck to you!
I'll post back after my eligibility review

Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM

193 posts, read 285,838 times
my question is....

i have an active issue on my claim (because i dont qualify for EB or extensions) but I do have money that they are "pulling forward" from my 1st yr. Ive had different answers.. will I get paid this week? I had to reopen my claim last week for the pull forward but I never got paid. The local ESC can't help me because I live in cali and I called the remote services number and as soon as they answered.. they hung up (irritating). The rep I spoke to yesterday said it shouldnt be a problem. I'd like to know for certain because (like everyone else) I have kids and my husband is military so we really don't make much anyway. Ugh.. good luck everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina