Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,357 times

Advertisements

Here is information we received in an email today:

"The programming to begin paying all EUC Tier III benefits is expected to go into production on Wednesday, December 30. Approximately 35,000 claimants who are currently filing or have recently filed will automatically be moved to EUC Tier III from EB. They will not need to take any action at this time. Another approximately 34,000 claimants not currently receiving benefits will get letters notifying them of potential eligibility for Tier III. Tier III claims can be entered into the system beginning on December 31.

Letters will be mailed in waves beginning on Thursday, December 31 notifying claimants that they need to either call the Remote Services Center or report to a Local Office to file for Tier III benefits. CLAIMANTS SHOULD NOT FILE FOR TIER III BENEFITS ONLINE, AS THE BACK WEEKS WOULD NOT BE PAID IF THEY DO.

All letters will be mailed by the middle of next week."

That's all I know at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clog View Post
Above you stated that if a person purposely avoids starting a new regular claim. Is it mandatory to do so if in my case benefit year is up on Jan 9th or can I just continue to receive EB's that start next week until I find employment or they are exhausted.
If, when you file a new benefit year, you have enough wages in your base period to begin a new, regular UI claim, that's what will happen. You do not have a choice whether you want a new, regular UI claim or whether you want to just continue to receive extension money from the old benefit year. It's all based on wages in your base period.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:52 PM

64 posts, read 168,302 times
thanks a ton for the update jdljr!

Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM

86 posts, read 174,190 times
thank you jdljr

Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 PM

12 posts, read 61,842 times
jdljr Thanks for your up-dates during this hectec time, you have been the ONLY source of information. God Bless you!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 PM

6 posts, read 23,205 times
I am not sure if anyone can help me but my tier 2 benefits are about to run out in the next two weeks will I be eligible for tier 3 or just EB, I was previously mailed notification that I was eligible for 20 weeks of EB though with this new tier 3 will I be able to receive that first before EB? Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 AM

86 posts, read 174,190 times
JDLJR please answer if you have time. I exhausted all my benefits: regular, emergency and EU in sept. 2009. I lost my job in 2007. Will I be eligible at all for this extension that is supposed to come out. My profile says: i am eligible, no active issues, benefit year ends 7/2010, but status "exhausted". Thanks so much

Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 AM

5 posts, read 12,643 times
jdljr, thanks for all the usefull info you have posted in here. You are not only a credit to the ESC, but of all mankind. I have a couple simple questions that I have not found a clear answer and was hoping you would know.

I restarted a new benefit year 10/25/09. I had enough wages to qualify for new benefits for 13 weeks. I do not meet the 1.5X factor for extensions (my high quarter is $27418 and total base is $33545). When my 13 weeks are done next month, will I be eligible for Extended Benefits (I have a "clean" claim)? Will I be eligible for the new 11/6/09 extension?

Old 12-29-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars2 View Post
I am not sure if anyone can help me but my tier 2 benefits are about to run out in the next two weeks will I be eligible for tier 3 or just EB, I was previously mailed notification that I was eligible for 20 weeks of EB though with this new tier 3 will I be able to receive that first before EB? Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.
I wish I could answer your question, but I do not know the order in which your benefits will pay. But ONE of the extensions should go into effect when your other extension ends...just keep filing your weekly certifications.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
JDLJR please answer if you have time. I exhausted all my benefits: regular, emergency and EU in sept. 2009. I lost my job in 2007. Will I be eligible at all for this extension that is supposed to come out. My profile says: i am eligible, no active issues, benefit year ends 7/2010, but status "exhausted". Thanks so much
My best guesstimate is that you should be eligible...but I can't say for sure. Watch your mailbox for a letter within the next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina