Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 04:32 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi

I am not sure, but I believe we may have been able to of gotten EB after we ended our tier, at least until the extension passed. I suppose we could have been drawing on EB all this time while we were waiting. Then probably have been moved back into our appropriate tier after the passing of the bill.

This is why I think so:
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ould-have.html
I didn't know anything about this. Probably too late to mess with it now, since we should soon start to get our tier benefits.
I mean no harm by saying this, but you just now saw this possibility? Countless times for the last two months I have said here that folks MAY be able to draw EB while awaiting the EUC program to be extended, that you'd have to have your claim evaluated to find out if you were eligible for EB. Can't even count how many. But yes, it's true. And you're also right that it wouldn't do any good now, because if you're still able to collect EUC, any of those back weeks would now be paid as EUC if your claim is in pay status, as EUC is to be paid before EB. If you would have been receiving EB, you would have been paid each week. But you should still be able to be paid for those weeks at this point, you'd just have to provide your worksearch records to a rep in order for them to do the paperwork ("weeks on paper" - form 506D) and have them keyed in. And it would be EUC if you haven't exhausted all of your EUC.

Lesson learned, maybe for next time. Keep it in mind in case further down the road the EUC program has ended despite you still having EUC left. You may be eligible for EB.

Last edited by jdljr; 07-29-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
I my claim was in the "benefits exhausted" status for the last two weeks. This morning when I checked, it still showed the same. Around 10am though, it showed status "UNKNOWN"

I was able to update my claim for the last two weeks a couple of days ago, but it wasn't staying in, I can still go in now and claim for those two weeks, though the first time I did so it gave a message that the week had already been claimed. I tried because I thought that since I didn't go through I may need to do it again.

Anyway, I FINALLY broke in with a telephone call today for the first time without out it saying "unable to connect"... I got a extremely nice and knowledgeable rep on the line, who quickly keyed in my last two weeks again, informed me that I would be good to go from now on, but to double check tomorrow.
Good! Hopefully yours has now freed up and you won't have anymore problems.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Great, after I posted that, I just got a letter from the ESC stating that I am not monetary eligible to receive EUC due to insufficient base period wages.

Is this part of the 6x rule?

My benefit second benefit year started 4/02/10, I thought this was before that rule?
No, it's not part of the 6x rule. It means you didn't meet the 1.5x rule (total base period wages must be equal to or greater than 1.5x the high quarter in the base period) in order to monetarily qualify for EUC/EB. The other way to qualify for extensions is your total base period wages must be equal to or greater than 40x your weekly benefit amount. Anyway, if you just ended regular UI in your 2nd benefit year, you may not have had enough base period wages to qualify for the NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, thus the letter you received. But if you had any unused extension money leftover from your previous benefit year, they would pull that forward to your new benefit year. And if they pulled forward the unused EUC, they'd also bring with it the old weekly benefit amount from your previous benefit year. But your claim has to be prepared for the pull forward. You'd need to make sure that your Tier 1 on your current benefit year is stating "monetarily ineligible". A rep should be able to do a transaction to get it prepared. The system checks for the "Mon Inel" on Tier 1 in order to queue it to pull forward the unused EUC from the previous benefit year.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well, I couldn't get through on the phone today. I got hung up on twice...then couldn't connect a third time.

But hey...I did get a reply from the e-mail I sent two days ago. I almost deleted it, by the way, because the admin assistant that sent it, titled it, "ESC?" and it arrived in my junk folder. Sigh.

Ummmm....thanks, I guess. I did originally ask for an explanation of what I'll need to do in order to at least get a jump on this, but he didn't tell me. I, at the very least, just want to certify this week! Why do I have to wait to receive the letter to tell me what I'll need to do...is it really that hard to just type a few sentences, just to give me a hint at what I gotta do? And I can't get thru online and I can't get through on the phone. So, I guess my next step is marching on down there.
My advice 9 times out of 10. It doesn't hurt to sit with a rep and have them show you in detail what the status of your claim is, what tier you're in, how much benefits you may have left, etc. I don't buy the "wait for a letter" line. However, depending on the status of your claim, an A1 transaction may not work on every claim. I'd have them try an A1 transaction on the OLD BYB NEW BYB line, using the beginning date of your benefit year in both fields. That may open a pay order and build your next tier and allow you to do your next certification. Then they'd have to "ZZ" the back weeks after the next tier got set up. In my office you have to bring the worksearches in for any week you want backdated. Not sure if other offices are doing the same thing.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 PM

27 posts, read 47,345 times
Tnx jdljr!

When they pull forward a tier, do they pull them all forward?
In other words according to the rep I am in the middle of tier II. If I roll into that, would I go to tier III and IV ? And as I best understand it no EB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, it's not part of the 6x rule. It means you didn't meet the 1.5x rule (total base period wages must be equal to or greater than 1.5x the high quarter in the base period)...............

Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
Well I went to ESC today, WITH pretty clear HOW TO info on what to do to reopen my claim (thanks to someone on the site) exact Codes, etc

they looked at me like i was crazy and said "we are waiting for guidance from raleigh"
NOTHING!
tried to call back today, had the same problem
busy for 100 times
then i get through and they just pick up and hang up on me
it happened 3 X!!!
and i could hear talking in backgroung!
Alls I can say is I'm PROUD that I don't treat my clients like that. I do everything I can to try and help them. I NEVER hang up on a client, I ALWAYS return phone calls and if I've gotten any word on things to try that may work, I'll usually attempt it. I work my @ss off EVERY DAY, not just with claims, but with RES, job number questions, listing jobs, etc. I get the feeling I'm in the minority; however the majority of folks in my office have a similar work ethic. I can honestly say that my office is one of the best, and I'm not just saying that...that's come from clients as well.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowas View Post
I just received a Monetary Determination letter today. I was smack-dab in the middle of Extended Benefits, and have been for only about a month and a half. This Monetary Determination is for EUC.

To JDLJR or anyone else who may know:

I'm guessing those on EB, who would have otherwise qualified for EUC but missed the cutoff, were automatically moved to EUC when the bill was passed on the 20th (20th, right?) and it retroactively moved up the cutoff date.

My question is, do I need to do anything at this point, aside from seeking employment and maintaining my search records, etc?

Also, what are the regulations for moving out-of-state while on EUC? (moving from NC to MD, specifically). I may very well be forced to move very soon if I am unable to find employment, and I would hate to think that I would be left completely without income if I had to move to MD.

Thank you for your time, and I hope my questions weren't too vague.
Yea, folks who were drawing EB were automatically switched back over to EUC when the bill was signed. Shouldn't need to do anything more regarding your claim, except your weekly certifications. Hopefully those are (or will be) going smoothly for you. And yea, maintaining your worksearch and the associated records are paramount.

As far as moving out of state, if you have to, you would need to contact the Interstate Unit and change your address with them once you arrive in the new location. This is a must, because otherwise if you get back into EB, you would be required to report to your local (NC) office every four weeks to present your worksearch records. Then, you must register with the ESC (or equivalent) in your new state that you are seeking work. But your benefits should continue from NC since that's where your wages were from. Be warned, though, that if you get back into EB, you may be eligible for just two weeks if MD is not triggered on. EB is determined by the state you live in, not the state you're drawing from.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Tnx jdljr!

When they pull forward a tier, do they pull them all forward?
In other words according to the rep I am in the middle of tier II. If I roll into that, would I go to tier III and IV ? And as I best understand it no EB?
Yes, Tier 3 and 4, but no EB can be pulled forward if you received the regular UI again in your 2nd benefit year.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:05 PM

27 posts, read 47,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, Tier 3 and 4, but no EB can be pulled forward if you received the regular UI again in your 2nd benefit year.
Thank you jdljr! You're very good at elevating small heart attacks in my opinion. It's amazing that you're able to deal with what you do at work all day, then come home and pretty much start all over again, I really admire that. I used to be a power tool sales rep, and enjoyed hitting some of the power tool forums on the net to answer questions, but not every single day!
Your dedication to this and the other UB threads is amazing!

I've gotten some pretty decent leads on jobs recently, however like everyone I still have to pay the bills.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:08 PM

7 posts, read 9,777 times
jdljr maybe you can clear up something for me,I completed tier 2 ot the end of june,it was a pull forward from year one was able to get through to raleigh on tuesday .I was told that i could go online wed. and file claims from exhaustion point all this was great news however recieved letter today with a different number to call to restart claim.Claim status is now regular active,Do i need to do anything else or am i ok if claim is accepted and processed for payment?Thank you for all you do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina