Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 08:30 AM

21 posts, read 36,681 times

Advertisements

ok now I have a question, I finished my teir 2 benefits, I am in my second year of unemployment, they then opened up EB for me, I was on week 5, and now today when I entered my weekely certification, it says i only have less than 2 weeks remaining on my account? I'm freaking out here, what happened to the remaining 15 weeks of EB, and the tier 3 and 4 i thought I was eligible for now? Its Sunday, so I cant even call, does anyone know what all of this means? I was just in on Wednesday for a EB review, she said ok, see you in four weeks, and now this? WTF? Does it simply mean they are switching me back to EUC tier 3 again??? Please someone help me, I'm freaking out as I dont have any other money to count on at thsi point, and this little bit barely gets me by

Last edited by stormyB; 08-01-2010 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzberrys View Post
Hello all. I've been followng this thread for months. I'm grateful for all the UE benefit explanations that have been posted. Now, I have a question that I haven't seen posted before.

I'm in the second benefit year. Was in EB when the latest extension bill was signed. For the past two weeks, when certifying I get this message:

"Your claim for the week of 7/31/2010 has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because there is an issue on your claim pending an eligibility ruling. A determination will be made and mailed to you and your claim will be processed accordingly. "

Please tell me what could have caused the issue and what might I do to help resolve it quickly.

Thanks for your help
There is no way to know unless you call or visit your local office to find out what the issue is. It could be any number of things, as simple as answering a question wrong two weeks ago that stopped your claim. Depending on when you started your new benefit year, it could be the "65" issue (no wages earned during your last benefit year). Do you live in another state and are drawing your UI from NC? Could be the "E6" issue regarding EB. Whatever the issue, it likely won't be resolved until you contact someone and ask.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
ok now I have a question, I finished my teir 2 benefits, I am in my second year of unemployment, they then opened up EB for me, I was on week 5, and now today when I entered my weekely certification, it says i only have less than 2 weeks remaining on my account? I'm freaking out here, what happened to the remaining 15 weeks of EB, and the tier 3 and 4 i thought I was eligible for now? Its Sunday, so I cant even call, does anyone know what all of this means? I was just in on Wednesday for a EB review, she said ok, see you in four weeks, and now this? WTF? Does it simply mean they are switching me back to EUC tier 3 again??? Please someone help me, I'm freaking out as I dont have any other money to count on at thsi point, and this little bit barely gets me by
At the point that ESC ran the programming last week to re-instate the EUC program, it reverted anyone in EB who was eligible for EUC BACK to EUC, and counted all of those previously paid EB weeks as EUC. So likely, you're coming to the end of your Tier 3, since technically all of those back weeks that were paid as EB should have been EUC, and now CAN be EUC since the program has been extended. At the end of your Tier 3, you should roll into Tier 4 (very short Tier), and then should go back on EB. Your claim should look like you've never been in EB up until now, with the full number of weeks of EB available. But you won't go back into EB until all of your EUC is finished. After you finish your Tier 3, 4 and EB, your benefits will be exhausted.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:51 AM

but I never got to tier 3, and I should have 13 weeks in tier 3, so if I only used 5 of them (if they is what they are doing, switching me back to euc from EB ) shouldnt I still have 8 weeks left at tier 3 even? It doesn't make sense? I thought that too but the weeks dont add up for even that? But the message said two weeks or less left in my account

Old 08-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Bear with me as I'm not sure how to use this sight just yet.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
but I never got to tier 3, and I should have 13 weeks in tier 3, so if I only used 5 of them (if they is what they are doing, switching me back to euc from EB ) shouldnt I still have 8 weeks left at tier 3 even? It doesn't make sense? I thought that too but the weeks dont add up for even that? But the message said two weeks or less left in my account
IF you qualified for 26 weeks of regular UI you would have 13 weeks of Tier 3. If it was a lesser amount of regular UI, then it would be a lesser amount of Tier 3. At any rate, without actually seeing your claim, I would have no idea where you stand, what tier you're in, etc. You'll have to call or visit your local office, or call the remote service center and see if they can let you know exactly what your status is. It should be easy for someone to check and see what tier you're in and what the balance is.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times
Jdljr,
since my tier amount is an amt. that doesn't divide into 11 weeks evenly, I have $37.00 leftover for some reason,(?)
Would that mean in 3 weeks when I'm at the end of tier one benefits, I'll only receive a $37.00 ck plus the $25.00 stimulus, or will they just add the $37.00 on to my last tier one check?
thanks
(KC)

Old 08-01-2010, 05:55 PM

ok thanks, I hope you are right, I hope they are just putting me back over in tier 3 and for some reason (I really dont know why ) it reads like that, and that I will at least still have tier 4 and the entire EB again if I need it, I'll let you know when I finally find out, I've been reading your replies, you seem to be right on all that I have seen, so far, hope you are right about mine, because I'm a nervous wreck, not knowing if I will be still be recieving any money at all after a week or two. I dont have a husband, or boyfriend or anyone that alot of others at least have to help with some money in times like these, I'm completely on my own with a 5 year old grand daughter to raise as well, so I'm really a nervous wreck so thanks for easing my mind a little.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Jdljr,
since my tier amount is an amt. that doesn't divide into 11 weeks evenly, I have $37.00 leftover for some reason,(?)
Would that mean in 3 weeks when I'm at the end of tier one benefits, I'll only receive a $37.00 ck plus the $25.00 stimulus, or will they just add the $37.00 on to my last tier one check?
thanks
(KC)
Yea, your last check for Tier 3 would be the $37 plus $25. The main reason for the lower last week is the reported earnings you had earlier this year; anytime you report earnings over your earnings allowance, it messes up the even-ness of the payments. But, as you know, it also extends out the number of weeks of receiving that pot of money.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
ok thanks, I hope you are right, I hope they are just putting me back over in tier 3 and for some reason (I really dont know why ) it reads like that, and that I will at least still have tier 4 and the entire EB again if I need it, I'll let you know when I finally find out, I've been reading your replies, you seem to be right on all that I have seen, so far, hope you are right about mine, because I'm a nervous wreck, not knowing if I will be still be recieving any money at all after a week or two. I dont have a husband, or boyfriend or anyone that alot of others at least have to help with some money in times like these, I'm completely on my own with a 5 year old grand daughter to raise as well, so I'm really a nervous wreck so thanks for easing my mind a little.
You're welcome, and I wish you the best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina