Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 12:14 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
UPDATE: I finally got someone in Raliegh, they said my claim is just fine, I still have 1 week of tier 2, they have paid me tier 3 first, but I still have 7 left there, all of 4 and all of EB , so I'm ok for now, thanks for all your help and support, I've been following this for months and everyone is just so wonderful on here, and calming for all of us who are turning into nervous wrecks
Sounds like your all set then (Congrats!)
I've been on the nervous wreck end of things many~many times
Many other members here have answered my questions and guided me though the unemployment mess and kept me from losing my mind(lol)., so I try to help out when I feel I can.
This whole unemployment chaos is overwhelming for most all of us.
By posting our experiences it might help someone else out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...after about 1 and a half months of extra high anxiety and stress...my claim was all fixed within 90 seconds.

It took about 30 mins on hold, and I explained to the guy that my Tier 2 benefits had expired. I gave him my social security number...and he immediately certified me for the first two weeks that I couldn't certify. Of course, when he asked me the first eligibility question "Did you do any work during these two weeks?"...I became Eddie Eager and blurted out 'yes'. He's like, "oh....You did?". And I was like, "wait, wait, wait, no!". I thought he was asking me had I been looking for work. I'm a dummy.

He then told me to go online tomorrow and certify the remaining 4 weeks. And that was the extent of our conversation. Amazingly easy.

He was confusing me though when he said I was eligible for Tier 3, which is 20 weeks. I thought it was only a max of 13 weeks? I had to ask him again to make sure and sure enough he said, "nope, it's 20 weeks, but Tier 4 doesn't pay out much, it'll only be like 6 weeks". I'm still thinking he's confused and was combing Tier 3 and 4, unless you do actually get a max of 20 weeks from Tier 3? I surely didn't think so.
Well I'm Soooo glad you got through, you told him you worked??? bwhahaha, that sounds like something I'd say when nervous!!!!
It feels like boulders off the shoulders doesn't it

However, the weeks for tier 3 sounds wrong (to me) the most you can get is 50% of your max UI and that would've been 26 weeks...?
So the max should've been 13 weeks, but I dunno, maybe jdljr can comment on that.
I'll be curious to find out what's what.
I know I get only 7 weeks, 1/2 of my 2nd year 11 week UI, probably not alot of tier 4 and theres this little bittle amt.I get of $37.00 in 3 weeks, because I worked a week in March and it left an off amt... ugh., I dread that week
Anyway, so glad you got through via phone!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well I'm Soooo glad you got through, you told him you worked??? bwhahaha, that sounds like something I'd say when nervous!!!!
It feels like boulders off the shoulders doesn't it

However, the weeks for tier 3 sounds wrong (to me) the most you can get is 50% of your max UI and that would've been 26 weeks...?
So the max should've been 13 weeks, but I dunno, maybe jdljr can comment on that.
I'll be curious to find out what's what.
I know I get only 7 weeks, 1/2 of my 2nd year 11 week UI, probably not alot of tier 4 and theres this little bittle amt.I get of $37.00 in 3 weeks, because I worked a week in March and it left an off amt... ugh., I dread that week
Anyway, so glad you got through via phone!
Yeah...I think he was just combining Tier 3 and 4 and mistakenly said that, that's just for Tier 3. But when I asked him again about how many weeks am I eligible for Tier 3...he again repeated the 20 weeks. It must've been miscommunication...cuz I knew that didn't sound right. I'll certainly find out for sure, whenever I get the determination letter. But yeah, I'm certainly not counting on 20 weeks of Tier 3.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,937 times
Default Benefit year expired problem

Have not been able to do weekly certification since 7/12/10. Get the benefit year expired message. I was phased out of EUC on June 2...so I applied for EB benefits and received those until July 5...then was cut off. I thought things would be OK after senate passed new extension, but I keep getting benefit year expired when I try to file. Someone told me to file new claim...but when I tried I got this message "Your internet filed claim is on our files. We cannot allow you to access or update your records at this time." I am confused because I just got a letter on July 28 stating that I was monetarily eligible for 14 weeks of EUC tier 2 benefits. Checked my claim profile and there are no active issues showing up. Shows EUC effective since 1/10/10. Should I wait for another letter? Can't get through on the phone.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 PM

23 posts, read 40,907 times
JDLR,
I was supposed to receive my FINAL CHECK of EB today and noticed I didn't, so I checked my screen and it has Active Issues, Yes. Here's what I think happened. I rec'd my notice for my eligibility review two weeks ago and noticed the date is when I would be out of town for a family reunion. I left three messages with the woman who told me she could reschedule me if I were to be on vacation and told her I could come in any day other than Monday. I didn't hear back from her and was at a family reunion out of town, so I couldn't attend the appt. I went in the following day and submitted all of my job search records at a group eligibility review and told the woman that I called (who was also doing my review) that I was supposed to be there the day prior and had left her messages. She took all of my job search evidence and didn't make anything of the fact that I was a day late. She also said that she has been incredibly busy, understandably so, because of the new law signed, so that's why she hadn't returned some 35 calls. I was able to file as usual yesterday and today it says I have "active issues." I would like to receive my last couple hundred dollars. How can I resolve this? Is it possible she just hasn't entered the fact that I came in the next day. She was doing reviews in a large conference room and collecting everyone's paper information, but not entering anything into computer as she did the first 3 times I had a review. I had more than enough contacts for that week and the evidence of applications submitted, so I know I submitted everything and followed the rules. Can you advise?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM

23 posts, read 40,907 times
Has anyone else had to miss an eligibility review and, if so, how was it resolved?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:53 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosstyx View Post
Hey guys, new here but I have a question, actually two.

If someone is in their second year of UE and about to exhaust their regular UE claim will they get put into state EB if they are eligible or will they get put into one of the federal extensions? (they received the first tier and a couple weeks of the second tier on their last year).

Also, hypothetically, IF someone enrolled in a Basic Law Enforcement training course (full time during day) that is WIA approved according to the NCSTARS site would they still be eligible for UE while attending training?
(they would not apply for WIA as they have been told there is not enough time if they decided to attend)
If, in the 2nd benefit year you qualify for NEW extensions, then you would start all over again with EUC at the end of your regular UI, then EB at the end of that EUC, provided that program is still in existence when/if you get to that point.

If you don't qualify for NEW extnsions in the 2nd benefit year, then they can transfer ("pull forward") your unused EUC from your 1st benefit year.

If you're not in the WIA program, your worksearch can't be waived and you would still be required to maintain your full-time availability for accepting work, and still be required to do and keep track of your worksearches. If you are in the WIA program, your worksearch can be waived (but your claim needs to be coded by ESC as such) and you would still be able to collect UI while going to school.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostunder View Post
ok icalled the extension hotline very nice guy explained about having to set up my tier three from year one (qualified for year two reg. ui but not year two euc )said a supervisor would have to ok it .recieved a call back within an hour and was told that back weeks were being processed and i should be paid in 1-2 days recieved two of four back weeks but when i filed this morning message read "YOU HAVE TWO OR LESS WEEKS REMAINING" my year one ui was for 25 weeks .could my tier 3 have been done incorrectly? JLDJR HELP
I wish I could help, but there are just some things I can't even comment on without seeing the claim. Sounds like you had just 4 weeks of a remaining EUC tier left when you ended your first benefit year, and you're coming to the end of that tier. After you end that tier, you should move to the next one (as long as you're not in tier 4, cuz there is no tier 5).

Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Ugh! I told my wife late last night..."Ya know, I think alot of extension expired people had their claims resolved last week...so I don't think calling is going to be a problem today, so you take the car to work."

Fast forward about 10 hours later...

"<dun dun duh DUNT!> Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

"<dun dun duh DUNT!> Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

I guess I should have realized that alot of people got that letter on Saturday.

I know that, when I'm going to finally connect, my cell phone battery's going to die (I don't have a landline). That would be just my luck.
You're having a heck of a time, I am so sorry!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Good explanation, KC, but oh crap! See what I've indicated in red below in your comments.

My 2nd year will expire 11/20/10 ... and I project my Tier 4 to end around 12/5/10.

So now I'm worried ... will I be eligible for EB after Tier 4? Will I even get Tier 4 since my 2nd year ends 11/20/10?

I try to project worst case scenario - keep a spreadsheet in Excel - just because the uncertainty of all of this drives me crazy. Maybe jdljr will shed some light on what happens when your benefit year ends before you get EB.

Argh.
If your benefit year ends before you get to the EB, you'd have to start a new benefit year. If you didn't qualify for NEW regular UI, then your EB could be pulled forward to the new year, provided you didn't get new, regular UI in your 2nd benefit year. If you did, you wouldn't be eligible for EB in that benefit year, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina