Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...after about 1 and a half months of extra high anxiety and stress...my claim was all fixed within 90 seconds.

It took about 30 mins on hold, and I explained to the guy that my Tier 2 benefits had expired. I gave him my social security number...and he immediately certified me for the first two weeks that I couldn't certify. Of course, when he asked me the first eligibility question "Did you do any work during these two weeks?"...I became Eddie Eager and blurted out 'yes'. He's like, "oh....You did?". And I was like, "wait, wait, wait, no!". I thought he was asking me had I been looking for work. I'm a dummy.

He then told me to go online tomorrow and certify the remaining 4 weeks. And that was the extent of our conversation. Amazingly easy.

He was confusing me though when he said I was eligible for Tier 3, which is 20 weeks. I thought it was only a max of 13 weeks? I had to ask him again to make sure and sure enough he said, "nope, it's 20 weeks, but Tier 4 doesn't pay out much, it'll only be like 6 weeks". I'm still thinking he's confused and was combing Tier 3 and 4, unless you do actually get a max of 20 weeks from Tier 3? I surely didn't think so.
*sigh*

Tier 3 is 50% of your original claim duration, UP TO 13 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunout View Post
Have not been able to do weekly certification since 7/12/10. Get the benefit year expired message. I was phased out of EUC on June 2...so I applied for EB benefits and received those until July 5...then was cut off. I thought things would be OK after senate passed new extension, but I keep getting benefit year expired when I try to file. Someone told me to file new claim...but when I tried I got this message "Your internet filed claim is on our files. We cannot allow you to access or update your records at this time." I am confused because I just got a letter on July 28 stating that I was monetarily eligible for 14 weeks of EUC tier 2 benefits. Checked my claim profile and there are no active issues showing up. Shows EUC effective since 1/10/10. Should I wait for another letter? Can't get through on the phone.
You're gonna have to get through on the phone to ask them about your claim, as a new benefit year is essential to continuing to file for benefits. Perhaps something you did when re-filing your new year caused your claim to go on hold. You won't be able to certify weeks until it's straightened out.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
JDLR,
I was supposed to receive my FINAL CHECK of EB today and noticed I didn't, so I checked my screen and it has Active Issues, Yes. Here's what I think happened. I rec'd my notice for my eligibility review two weeks ago and noticed the date is when I would be out of town for a family reunion. I left three messages with the woman who told me she could reschedule me if I were to be on vacation and told her I could come in any day other than Monday. I didn't hear back from her and was at a family reunion out of town, so I couldn't attend the appt. I went in the following day and submitted all of my job search records at a group eligibility review and told the woman that I called (who was also doing my review) that I was supposed to be there the day prior and had left her messages. She took all of my job search evidence and didn't make anything of the fact that I was a day late. She also said that she has been incredibly busy, understandably so, because of the new law signed, so that's why she hadn't returned some 35 calls. I was able to file as usual yesterday and today it says I have "active issues." I would like to receive my last couple hundred dollars. How can I resolve this? Is it possible she just hasn't entered the fact that I came in the next day. She was doing reviews in a large conference room and collecting everyone's paper information, but not entering anything into computer as she did the first 3 times I had a review. I had more than enough contacts for that week and the evidence of applications submitted, so I know I submitted everything and followed the rules. Can you advise?
Yea, she may not have keyed it in correctly or something. In my office, while we encourage folks to keep their original appointments, we do realize things happen and people can't, so as long as they report during the same week of their appointment (can't be previous week, can't be following week), it doesn't affect their claim. Not sure what happened on yours, you may want to make your way back to the office and speak with that lady.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:20 PM

23 posts, read 40,907 times
Thanks, JDLR. I will go back there tomorrow. I rewrote all of my contacts since she took the copy I had (normally gives me everything back) and attached all of the e-mail copies of application submissions. I'm thinking that should suffice. Do you? I'm glad to know that going in the same week was a good move. I thought about going early because I do not like to be late for anything.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 6,001 times
Originally Posted by razzberrys
Hello all. I've been followng this thread for months. I'm grateful for all the UE benefit explanations that have been posted. Now, I have a question that I haven't seen posted before.

I'm in the second benefit year. Was in EB when the latest extension bill was signed. For the past two weeks, when certifying I get this message:

"Your claim for the week of 7/31/2010 has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because there is an issue on your claim pending an eligibility ruling. A determination will be made and mailed to you and your claim will be processed accordingly. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
There is no way to know unless you call or visit your local office to find out what the issue is. It could be any number of things, as simple as answering a question wrong two weeks ago that stopped your claim. Depending on when you started your new benefit year, it could be the "65" issue (no wages earned during your last benefit year). Do you live in another state and are drawing your UI from NC? Could be the "E6" issue regarding EB. Whatever the issue, it likely won't be resolved until you contact someone and ask.
The rest of the story ....

After a while on hold, I was told the issue was EB related. Apparently I was scheduled for a work search review the week that the extension was passed, setting the issue. But since I was then reverted back to EUC, the notice never was sent to me. The local office said it was fixed. We'll see later this week if the money is deposited.

Thanks... JDjr for all you do.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
*sigh*

Tier 3 is 50% of your original claim duration, UP TO 13 weeks.
I figured as much. He was definitely combining the two tiers together, then I guess getting confused with what I was asking.

Thanks for everything again, by the way!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 AM

81 posts, read 174,069 times
Hi again everyone.

Glad to hear some of you are back on track now.
I too got my letter yesterday and my claim was reopened. This morning I filed for 4 weeks, beginning with week ending July 10. My last week of filing prior to the cut off was June 26 (filed on Sunday June 27). So today when I filed, I skipped the week ending July 3? Like if it is a waiting week. However, I know I am not starting a new benefit year, or anything like that that would require a waiting week. I should be moving into Tier 3 with the filing I did today.

Also, there was no message about my claim being processed for payment? All 4 weeks were accepted, but that is all it said.
Claim Status: Regular Active-Claim (this had been Unknown before I got the letter and called yesterday).
Active Issues: No

Would there be any reason why I didn't get the message about being processed for payment?
Is there a delay before we will actually begin to get benefits started again?
Thanks for any information.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,571 times
Default Unemployment extension

HI
JDLR if you could help me out as Ive been trying to call Raleigh for the past 3 days and just get a busy message. I received my letter in the mail yesterday that I am eligible for tier 2. However, in my profile its shows my benefit year ending on 7/31/2010 which would have been Saturday. My question to you and anyone else that may know the answer, do I have to go back in and open a new claim? Or, does everything just roll over? thanks in advance for your help!!

Old 08-03-2010, 07:29 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Oh for crying out loud...my claim is still a mess. My status is now "Regular Active Claim"...but I get a "You cannot certify because it's been over 4 weeks since your last certification." And when I look at my benefit payment history, my last certification is still listed as 6/20. Which leads me to believe the manual certification the guy did for two weeks never went through. So, now I'm back on the phone...redial, redial, redial. I need a drink.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 AM

20 posts, read 44,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi again everyone.

Glad to hear some of you are back on track now.
I too got my letter yesterday and my claim was reopened. This morning I filed for 4 weeks, beginning with week ending July 10. My last week of filing prior to the cut off was June 26 (filed on Sunday June 27). So today when I filed, I skipped the week ending July 3? Like if it is a waiting week. However, I know I am not starting a new benefit year, or anything like that that would require a waiting week. I should be moving into Tier 3 with the filing I did today.

Also, there was no message about my claim being processed for payment? All 4 weeks were accepted, but that is all it said.
Claim Status: Regular Active-Claim (this had been Unknown before I got the letter and called yesterday).
Active Issues: No

Would there be any reason why I didn't get the message about being processed for payment?
Is there a delay before we will actually begin to get benefits started again?
Thanks for any information.
Same thing here. I should be going into Tier 3 pulled forward from my 1st year. I called last Tues. and they got me set up and said I should be able to certify on Wed. morning. On Wed. morning it said I was more than 28 days behind and to call, so I called the girl that always helps me and left a message. She did not call me back but on Thurs. morning when I tried I was able to certify for 4 weeks. Then yesterday I was able to certify for last week but still no money showing going out in my account on NCESC.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina