Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM

656 posts, read 1,135,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
Ok, now I' wodnerign , I started to receive EB for about 5 weeks until they finally reinstated the tiers, then they switched me back to the tiers, , my question is this: Since I was eligible for th EB a few months ago, will I still be egible for it (EB) in a few weeks when my tier 4 runs out too? Now i'm getting nervous .
Yes you will.
When the EUCO8 kicked back in after the senate vote , whatever tier you resumed at that time replaced your EB and if and when you get back to EB at the end of your now tier 4, it will be like you were never on EB before.
You should resume EB right at the beginning. That is if our state of NC is still linked on to the EB program and right now it is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyaddis View Post
Im wondering why my check was less this week. I may have misunderstood I thought benefit amount stays the same. I was on tier 1 think i was switched to tier 2 have not recieved letter yet.
Could be you had an overpayment before and they deducted it?
Mine has been short at the end of my (2nd year)tier one and now I noticed upon recieving my tier 2 letter, that it's another odd amount, making me recieve another short check in the middle of October (again)..ugh
Not really sure what's going on, I wish they would just adjust the amount to be the same weekly.
If your curious, you may just want to call your local office and have them pull it up on the screen, that will tell you why it was less
goodluck!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 AM

21 posts, read 36,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Yes you will.
When the EUCO8 kicked back in after the senate vote , whatever tier you resumed at that time replaced your EB and if and when you get back to EB at the end of your now tier 4, it will be like you were never on EB before.
You should resume EB right at the beginning. That is if our state of NC is still linked on to the EB program and right now it is
Thank you , sweet Carolina

Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,502 times
I was hoping for a little help. It certainly appears that there are some very helpful people on this site and I have had a difficult time communicating with ESC reps.
My situation is such:
Beame unemployed in January of this year.
Have been fortunate enough to work quite a bit and not claim benefits.
I have 9 weeks left on my "original" 26 weeks that I can claim.
My concern is the November 20 or 27th date and Tier 1 benefits.
Am I correct in my thinking that if I exhaust my benefits before this date I will automatically be enrolled into Tier 1, assuming I meet the income requirements, but if I do not exhaust them by then I risk the chance of the Tier I benefit not being available?

Do not get me wrong, I prefer to work and earn a wage but winter time is usually a very slow time for my work and my work outlook right now is not very promissing.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
Thank you , sweet Carolina
Your very welcome>(in my sweet voice)

Old 09-08-2010, 05:01 PM

[quote=UJMRYDER;15803151]I was hoping for a little help. It certainly appears that there are some very helpful people on this site and I have had a difficult time communicating with ESC reps.
My situation is such:
Am I correct in my thinking that if I exhaust my benefits before this date I will automatically be enrolled into Tier 1, assuming I meet the income requirements, but if I do not exhaust them by then I risk the chance of the Tier I benefit not being available?

Do not get me wrong, I prefer to work and earn a wage but winter time is usually a very slow time for my work and my work outlook right now is not very promissing.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
yes, you can continue to recieve your UI and go into tier one if your eligible for Euco8 as long as you've started the tier before the date the senate has set as an ending date at the end of Nov.

And your correct as of right now that's when the EUCO8 program ends., so you wouldn't be able to start any tiers after that date.
however,you can collect that tier until the tier ends or until your benefit year ends in Jan, which ever comes first.

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 09-08-2010 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
I was hoping for a little help. It certainly appears that there are some very helpful people on this site and I have had a difficult time communicating with ESC reps.
My situation is such:

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(My answer is above)

Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,502 times
KC - Thanks a bunch for the information. A little worried about the future.

You are most helpful!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJMRYDER View Post
KC - Thanks a bunch for the information. A little worried about the future.

You are most helpful!
Your welcome and Goodluck!

Old 09-11-2010, 03:52 PM

131 posts, read 231,656 times
Ugh....have logged 20.5 hrs at the new job, which consists of memorizing multi digit account #s for nearly 100 vendors, plus a whole lot more..each vendor has a separate protocol & set of paperwork that I am expected to already know/recognize & respond IMMEDIATELY. My 3rd day, the boss lights into me about being slow, has called me a "half-wit," "lacking even half a brain," and "just plain stupid." Any question I have is met with rolling of the eyes, huffing & puffing, wringing of the hands, ranting & raving about how it's numbers, not rocket science, etc. Stomping, yelling & waving of the arms is the typical day...evidently. Never been shown around the office suite or given even cursory information, so when my printer ran out of ink & I asked where I could find a replacement cartridge, the boss pounded desk with fists, stomped into the next cubicle & retrieved a new cartridge, marched to my printer & made the change, while mumbling she knew I would never figure it out on my own! I cannot even think straight for fear of the next bizarre fit of rage. I once had a job where I was required to email the office manager before I went to the bathroom, then again when I returned to my desk. I thought THAT was unreasonable, but this...this is a nightmare, or else some sick experiment. I know it's an employers' market but this is just twisted. I wish there was some sort of small, concealable camera/recorder I could take in with me next week, because I know this sounds so crazy that no one would ever believe me without some sort of proof. Pretty sure that would be illegal though...but then folks plant cameras in their homes to spy on babysitters, etc. I just don't think this is going to end well & I wish I could think of some way to document/prove my word that this boss is a nutjob. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina