Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 09:54 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
hm. mine doesnt say exhausted. wonder if it didnt run everyone yet? altho, i think it has last year's slightly different EUC payment amount. crap, wish i could be sure. i love how the site doesnt have so much as an alert or a blurb on the front page about whats going on. maybe theres a job that needs to be created working on their site or in the PR dept.
They could save alot of phone calls , IF they'd just keep the ESC site updated, (ugh)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 AM

18 posts, read 36,054 times
Maybe they need a web developer. Where can I submit my resume? LOL

Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
Hope everyone is well and I have a question.
My first benefit year I drew only about 2 weeks of EB before having to file for new benefit year and now my Tier 4 has been exhausted for about 5 weeks. Are they doing any thing to allow people to go back and pull from that unused EB?

Sorry if this is a repeated question and know originally they would not allow any pull forwards of EB in 2nd year but have not been on here in awhile and wondered if any thing has changed.

Thank you.

**On claim it states..(Records indicate that your 1st eligible week is over 4 weeks old. You must reopen claim online. So I filed another claim and not sure what might happen but could not have hurt.
So you finished your tier 4 in this your 2nd year?
I'd think you could draw on (EB) Unless you have disqualifications in this year.
Have you asked them about starting EB in this new year?
Not knowing when your years ends., I'd call and ask about recieving EB until that date.

Jdljr, hopefully will pop in tonite and probably can answer this better
Goodluck and check back

Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM

31 posts, read 42,742 times
No disqualifications and this 2nd benefit years ends on January 2011. Will call and ask about the EB and let everyone know how that goes.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
No disqualifications and this 2nd benefit years ends on January 2011. Will call and ask about the EB and let everyone know how that goes.

Thanks
goodluck!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareWave View Post
Maybe they need a web developer. Where can I submit my resume? LOL
I'd GO for it, send it to their email address!> lol!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM

21 posts, read 36,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
yours is simular to mine, however the "exhausted thing bums me out"
I like the benefits page showing my last years amount at my $55.00 a week higher pay rate, but I still am stewing over the confusing info
(Miss personality) at Raleigh told me this morning.

I'm on top of everything as far as what I recieved to date, all my letters with pay amt's in order and have re-added and re-added, but I cannot get any amt close to what she says I have left.
And if theres anything left, why does it say exhausted?
She said I've exhausted tier 3???
I was just starting tier 2 and was also in the middle of tier 2 with the max benefits in my first year, just so crazy!

I'm patiently hoping and waiting for Jdljr to get on here tonite, if he's not worn out (ha)
Hope he can let us know something

I'm going to chime in, I dont think my claim is anything like yours as far as overpayment problems, I know they simply pulled forward my tiers into the new benefit year, they did get that right on my claim, (I think) but mine has said exhausted all week, ever since Monday morning, and when I called, the lady (was really nice to me) lol,(so far I've gotten all nice folks on the phone) said to just file it looks like it is rolling over into EB, if not accepted Sunday , to call back, then today, just to make sure, I called and got a really nice guy on the line, and he said I have one more of tier 2 to receive this week, and then 6 weeks of tier 4 and then EB, he also said the same as the first lady I called eariler in the week that if it doesnt acept it on Sunday, to call back, now he makes more sense according to my records, I should have tier 4 and one more week of tier 2 that was never paid, but what are the people in Raleigh looking at on the screen that different reps see different things? Its making me nervous as a rabbit in a fox den!

Old 09-23-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
I'm going to chime in, I dont think my claim is anything like yours as far as overpayment problems, I know they simply pulled forward my tiers into the new benefit year, they did get that right on my claim, (I think) but mine has said exhausted all week, ever since Monday morning, and when I called, the lady (was really nice to me) lol,(so far I've gotten all nice folks on the phone) said to just file it looks like it is rolling over into EB, if not accepted Sunday , to call back, then today, just to make sure, I called and got a really nice guy on the line, and he said I have one more of tier 2 to receive this week, and then 6 weeks of tier 4 and then EB, he also said the same as the first lady I called eariler in the week that if it doesnt acept it on Sunday, to call back, now he makes more sense according to my records, I should have tier 4 and one more week of tier 2 that was never paid, but what are the people in Raleigh looking at on the screen that different reps see different things? Its making me nervous as a rabbit in a fox den!
Well since you had a pullforward of benefits this probably didn't affect you.
Last night they (esc) ran a program that identified anyone who was setup a new 2nd benefit year from Jan 1st 2010 on.
We had to have worked during our first year while we collected benefits and earned $4557.00 in wages from (W-2 work), in order to have been able to start a new year, (it's what they call the 6x wage rule)

ok, this just went back into force, no notice for all of us that has been collecting (I'm now just starting my tier 2, yr 2) and now It's all gone. I'm sure many that's affected won't know about it this until they go online to file Sunday.

Jdlrj gave us a heads up, so those of us that are here at this forum ect.... got to know ahead of time and wait to see what happened.
( look back at page 292)
Well for a few of us here , a "benefits exhausted" was posted and then our last years weekly amt shows up on the benefit page.
Then theres a coupel that have wrote and said that their benefits aren't exhausted , only their weekly amt shows up differently.

I'm sure it will be that way state wide for all that are affecetd by this new change.
Really makes me ill, but what can ya do?> nothing at all<

My rep. was just out of the loop early this morning, was of no help, very rude and really seemed clueless as what to tell me......
They may be using my last years left over benefits to even what they've paid us to date, if we don't have enough we get an Over Payment..

Who knows, I'm just going to file Sunday and wait for "The letter" to arrive

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 09-23-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 PM

193 posts, read 285,838 times
so. we would have had to work during our 1st benefit yr to qualify for a 2nd year?

what if we had enough wages to carry over for a 2nd yr? How would know if you did have enough to carry over?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
so. we would have had to work during our 1st benefit yr to qualify for a 2nd year?

what if we had enough wages to carry over for a 2nd yr? How would know if you did have enough to carry over?
YOU have to have enough wages in the base period that established the first year and ALSO have earned wages totalling $4557.00
(6x wage rule) during your first benefit year.
The esc would have a record of that., you could call or go to your local office, It had to be earned income from a W-2 job only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina