Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 PM

20 posts, read 44,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Hi!
Were there any instructions for you to follow on the letter(s)?
The ESC website said when we recieve the letter(s) we will need to follow the instructions and email Esc with further questions.

I'm wondering if we have an overpayment, why they don't just deduct it from what we'll be drawing from and keep things moving.,
just curious if they explained any of that in your letters?
Weeks overpaid:
First week: 7/03/2010
Last week: 7/03/2010
Based upon a review of your claim, it has been determined that you received umemployment insurance benefits to which you were not entitled. This overpayment of benefits occured because an adjustment was made that was necessary to correct your claim.
If you are currently filing for unemployment insurance benefits, up to 50% of your weekly entitlement will be applied to this overpayment.

And it goes on to say that if you are not collecting and do not pay them they will take it out of you tax refund.
My question is if I still have money left why are they telling me I owe anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
how could Tier 4 and EB ever add up to 31? this is why the whole thing is scary. counting(no pun intended) on correct math to be done. we already know the max for EB is 20. and you cant get EB for Year 2 if you get it for Year 1, correct? werent we told that?
I agree!
And yes, that's we were told that then
However, we were also told we "qualified" for a new 2nd year also, when actually we werent supposed to...?
So my guess is their slipping us back to where we were supposed to be all along (OOOps we made a boo boo) in YEAR 1 and settling up what they paid with the money we had left and starting us out at where that leaves us off at in benefit year one

Thus the reason we get to use the first year EB.... the only conclusion I can come up with .
I'm also Ass....uming all of this

776 posts, read 1,684,362 times
Quote:
Hi!
Were there any instructions for you to follow on the letter(s)?
The ESC website said when we recieve the letter(s) we will need to follow the instructions and email Esc with further questions.

I'm wondering if we have an overpayment, why they don't just deduct it from what we'll be drawing from and keep things moving.,
just curious if they explained any of that in your letters?
My letter doesn't even tell me to call or anything...it just says that, if I want to appeal...I have until October 7th to do so, in writing and mailed to the ESC. If I don't do anything, they're just going to come for it out of my tax rebate or whatever or collected by "civil action". DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:44 PM

330 posts, read 460,863 times
i think 13 weeks is the max of Tier 3 isnt it? 50%? yeah i dont know if that 14th week exists anymore or not. i would think it does, but who knows.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
Weeks overpaid:
Based upon a review of your claim, it has been determined that you received umemployment insurance benefits to which you were not entitled. This overpayment of benefits occured because an adjustment was made that was necessary to correct your claim.
If you are currently filing for unemployment insurance benefits, up to 50% of your weekly entitlement will be applied to this overpayment.

And it goes on to say that if you are not collecting and do not pay them they will take it out of you tax refund.
My question is if I still have money left why are they telling me I owe anything?
Exactly!
I'm guessing that once you file they they'll start taking the 50% out each week til it's paid... that is if you owe anything at all?
I agree with you, I wish they'd just deduct the supposed overpayment and then let us draw weekly on the balance.
I've been told 2 different things concerning an overpayment on my account.
I still have no letter, so mine is a waiting game.

When does your benefit year end?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
Weeks overpaid:

i believe i am on record as calling it a s***storm. here it comes!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
My letter doesn't even tell me to call or anything...it just says that, if I want to appeal...I have until October 7th to do so, in writing and mailed to the ESC. If I don't do anything, they're just going to come for it out of my tax rebate or whatever or collected by "civil action". DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!
Hey mister!
I had a feeling that you'd be popping in here (ha)
Well from wat jdljr previously told us when he gave us a heads up that this was going to happen last, is this....
If you recieve an overpayment , you can file a waiver.
I would say you better got do it!
I'm sure you won't have to pay your UI back.

Where are you currently at in your pullforward?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I think 13 weeks is the max of Tier 3 isnt it? 50%? yeah i dont know if that 14th week exists anymore or not. would think it does, but who knows.
yep, 13 weeks is the max and I don't see how they can take away the extra week, it's not a full week anyway.
Even with that extra week it would only be 27 weeks for tier 4 and EB...........
I get crazy when I know things aren't added correctly

Old 09-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Hey mister!
I had a feeling that you'd be popping in here (ha)
Well from wat jdljr previously told us when he gave us a heads up that this was going to happen last, is this....
If you recieve an overpayment , you can file a waiver.
I would say you better got do it!
I'm sure you won't have to pay your UI back.

Where are you currently at in your pullforward?
that part irks me, too. if you can write a program to get to this point, how bout taking it the full distance and taking care of the over/underpayments without having people come in to file a waiver? i'll tell you why. so that a few people wont know they can, or wont do it right, or whatever, and cha-ching, money isnt paid.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
i believe i am on record as calling it a s***storm. here it comes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina