Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 02:44 PM

193 posts, read 285,840 times

Advertisements

this sucks. mine is set up on a dummy year.. i cant see anything online. just says no active issues but has my 2nd yr benefit amount. its been like that since they set it up though. im anxiously waiting til monday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 02:45 PM

56 posts, read 76,408 times
That is pretty messed up.... I can't pay that money back. I don't have it. that is their mistake.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:46 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
I'm thinking this thread is going to get ALOT of guests in the next day or two. Just think of the amount of people that are getting these letters, panicking, and scouring the internet to try and find out what the heck is going on since they won't be able to reach anyone tonight and tomorrow. They are going to be REALLY busy on Monday.

I mean, most of us that are affected have been regular visitors to this thread in the past. It'd be different if only one or two of us were affected. But just think of the numbers of people that are in the same boat as us. It's sickening.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:47 PM

16 posts, read 21,386 times
I owe $14k total after receiving 4 letters... expect another letter that says I owe more because there was a time frame that was not covered in the overpayment.... all in I will probably owe $16k... anybody want to buy a house?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:47 PM

407 posts, read 660,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...if it makes you feel any better...you're not alone. I "supposedly" owe them over $2000 (so far)...although I think $4300 is the most I've seen so far, but of course, I'm just waiting to see how many more overpayment letters I get in the mail next week. But there are potentially tens of thousands of people that have really messed up claims right now, so you're not alone.

They can't just expect us...THE UNEMPLOYED...to pay thousands of dollars back like this. This doesn't make any sense...especially when it seems to be THEIR error, not ours.
if u refer to the NCESC site (the very small blurb--hidden on the right)
it APPEARS they are going to AUTOMATICALLY swap the weeks we were WRONGLY paid with the Tier and EB weeks we SHOULD HAVE BEEN paid, and smoothly roll us over... BUT im calling monday morning anyway
b/c i dont trust anything they say anymore...

Old 09-25-2010, 02:48 PM

16 posts, read 21,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I'm thinking this thread is going to get ALOT of guests in the next day or two. Just think of the amount of people that are getting these letters, panicking, and scouring the internet to try and find out what the heck is going on since they won't be able to reach anyone tonight and tomorrow. They are going to be REALLY busy on Monday.

I mean, most of us that are affected have been regular visitors to this thread in the past. It'd be different if only one or two of us were affected. But just think of the numbers of people that are in the same boat as us. It's sickening.
add one to your tally.. i just joined now. beside myself on this screw up by NC

Old 09-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_madman View Post
I owe $14k total after receiving 4 letters... expect another letter that says I owe more because there was a time frame that was not covered in the overpayment.... all in I will probably owe $16k... anybody want to buy a house?
Wow, you've shattered the record so far...congratulations. Unbelievable.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:50 PM

407 posts, read 660,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tena1028 View Post
That is pretty messed up.... I can't pay that money back. I don't have it. that is their mistake.
again as far as i can read what the Site says on the right hand column
u wont have to "pay it back" they will swap out the WRONGLY paid weeks with your remaining Tier weeks

FOR EXAMPLE
right now I THOUGHT i had 1 extra tier 2 week and 6 tier 4 weeks
since i got 13 SECOND YEAR Weeks i shouldnt have
they will take those back--- then swap out those 7 weeks instead
that leaves 6 weeks short----
SO THEN i roll into EB (which i NOW qualify for since i now never got a new second year!)
and they deduct those 6 weeks from my 20 EB weeks
leaving me still with 14 EB weeks
(Minus of course the extra $7 a week i got in my higher 2nd year amount)
so they deduct $91 from me and
IF IT GOES SMOOTHLY i should have 13 more weeks of EB left

WHICH is actually MORE WEEKS than I had right now... so im hoping...

Old 09-25-2010, 02:50 PM

330 posts, read 460,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_madman View Post
$16,000? how is that possible? when did your year start?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
again as far as i can read what the Site says on the right hand column
u wont have to "pay it back" they will swap out the WRONGLY paid weeks with your remaining Tier weeks

FOR EXAMPLE
right now I THOUGHT i had 1 extra tier 2 week and 6 tier 4 weeks
since i got 13 SECOND YEAR Weeks i shouldnt have
they will take those back--- then swap out those 7 weeks instead
that leaves 6 weeks short----
SO THEN i roll into EB (which i NOW qualify for since i now never got a new second year!)
and they deduct those 6 weeks from my 20 EB weeks
leaving me still with 14 EB weeks
(Minus of course the extra $7 a week i got in my higher 2nd year amount)
so they deduct $91 from me and
IF IT GOES SMOOTHLY i should have 13 more weeks of EB left

WHICH is actually MORE WEEKS than I had right now... so im hoping...
This is what I'm hoping. Of course...if this is true...they would actually end up owing alot of us money...because alot of us got paid less each week during those 13 weeks. I know I was paid like $10 less each week...so if they're really going to transfer that to remaining EUC...then they're going to owe us a chunk of change...and not us owing them thousands and thousands of dollars.

Also, it does appear that a requirement of EB is for us to present the agency with our work search records for each week we draw EB. That means technically I've been drawing EB for like 4 weeks...not sure if they're going to ask to see those...but since it's a requirement, it's possible that they will, but there may be just way too many people getting called down there that it could make the circus they're running now even more bizarre and wacky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina