Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 01:18 PM

330 posts, read 460,836 times

Advertisements

well, that was fun.
my rep is nice, but she hesitates to predict what i might get or when.
then i threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing and said what about the wages i earned last year for the company out of SC.
they had some of the wages on record, but not all. so she requested them. now i may get a 2nd year after all, and further make a mess of things.
i almost regretted bringing up the job from 09, but shes right, if they finally reconciled the records, i might get a letter next year saying i had to pay back money. i dont think its going to matter in my case all that much. Nov 27 is coming, regardless.

she did drop this nugget. about the law maybe being that you had to be at such and such a level when Nov 27 comes along or you wouldnt get EB. but again, she didnt want to predict.

she said it was nuts in there this morning, but when i was there, it was a fairly short wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Nope...that would've made too much sense.

But I should also add that this OP letter wasn't sealed and was in fact open. I don't know what company they use that prints and mails their letters...but they failed in sealing this letter (I came from a print and mail company, so I know all about it!).
thats funny. my 3rd letter was also unsealed. maybe they ran out of money to provide a licker.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:20 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
was it a full or 50% payment today?
yep, at least that's what's showing in my payment history.
So far I had 2 letters stating I owe, $2 and also $119.
So they took, $121.00 out of my weekly benefit (at last years rate) if I don'tget anymore OP letters, I should be finished with that.
And of course it better be in my account tomorrow!
(usually is on Tuesday's)

I'll wait a while then call to find out in plain english where I'm at in ter 4 and can I get EB and how many weeks.
That info. was conflicting last week wen I spoke to a rude rep woman in Raleigh and the other nicer one on Thursday.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 PM

407 posts, read 660,839 times
well its almost 330, ive been on hold THE ENTIRE F****ING DAY, ive literally been on hold for about 6 hours today! 4 hours with customer service-- then gave up and tried remote services and over 2 hours there on hold!

no payment today showing with EPPI or BENEFIT PAYMENT HISTORY so i dont think im getting ANYTHING til i speak to someone to fix this mess!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 PM

32 posts, read 48,639 times
I hear ya.....I just hope I can get to talk to someone. I just dont understand how everything is used up, I believe she said EB was too.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
well, that was fun.
my rep is nice, but she hesitates to predict what i might get or when.
then i threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing and said what about the wages i earned last year for the company out of SC.
they had some of the wages on record, but not all. so she requested them. now i may get a 2nd year after all, and further make a mess of things.
i almost regretted bringing up the job from 09, but shes right, if they finally reconciled the records, i might get a letter next year saying i had to pay back money. i dont think its going to matter in my case all that much. Nov 27 is coming, regardless.

she did drop this nugget. about the law maybe being that you had to be at such and such a level when Nov 27 comes along or you wouldnt get EB. but again, she didnt want to predict.

she said it was nuts in there this morning, but when i was there, it was a fairly short wait.
hmmmm, well if my predicitons are right, I should be going into EB by the end of Oct(?) So we'll see if that happens and if they'll yank me out of it when the lovely deadline looms upon us

Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM

193 posts, read 285,832 times
wow...i just got help from benefits control dept. lady was nice too.

but i'm being transferred to an op line. Joni is her name, i believe.

AHhhh guess I'll get up 5am tomorrow also to track her down because her VM box is full.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
I hear ya.....I just hope I can get to talk to someone. I just dont understand how everything is used up, I believe she said EB was too.
what date did your Year 1 start? when did you first open a claim in 09?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 PM

46 posts, read 70,112 times
Got the mail. I received my 3rd OP letter. I also received my monetary determination wage transcript. It says I have 15 more weeks at my current benefit rate. So confused. I only got 1/2 of my UI payment today which is messing me up bigtime with bills this week. It says my benefit year ends 2/26/11.
Why didn't they just take moneys owed from the end of the claim so not to mess people up so bad.
I haven't attempted to try calling Raleigh yet because I am reading people are waiting on hold 4 hrs or more. Has it got any better this afternoon? I was thinking tomorrow might be better??

Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 PM

81 posts, read 174,050 times
Hi all

Rough day for us all.
I too finally got letters, one being the NCUI-550 for my 2nd year.
My numbers match. Says I owe $1,735.00 exactly what would be left owed after taking my remaining Tier 3 and Tier 4. So I am thinking (hoping) that i will soon get a letter saying i am in EB for 20 weeks, (of which it will take 4.3 weeks at my 1st benefit years amount to pay off. That should be leaving me with 15.7 weeks left to draw on from EB.

Though I could file Sunday, my payment history hasn't changed since last weeks deposite. My status says Exhausted and I have no issues.

No idea what will happen next, but certainly I will be now moving into EB at 50% for might as well say 9 weeks and then begin getting full benefit rate once I am square with them. So if this is right, I will actually have a few weeks longer I can file, if need be. But money wise it isn't going to make much of a difference in the total amount I will get, should I need to use it all.

thanks everyone for sharing.
I do hope the brass didn't come down on JR. I feared that is what had happened when I saw his post. It is a shame and certainly isn't fair to him or us, if that is indeed what happened.
JR, if you are reading, thank you for all the help you have given everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina