Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM

407 posts, read 660,839 times

Advertisements

well the only flaw in the USE THE EB weeks plan , is that legally you cant go to EB until u exhaust the tiers, and also some people might go BACK TO WORK before they got to EB and if they took those away now, youd then owe the $ back in CASH not in TIER/EB weeks, which would be worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,296 times
I looked him up...he is a Business Staff Writer for N&O. Question is, where was that posted?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM

BY THE WAY i tried calling a different local office---- USELESS! they told me to come in and file a waiver! I said I DONT WANT TO FILE A WAIVER i just want to speak to someone who can tell me where i am in the EU system! NOTHING!!!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM

330 posts, read 460,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I looked him up...he is a Business Staff Writer for N&O. Question is, where was that posted?
dunno. maybe NCSU will say.
i know i emailed someone else at the N&O, not the real estate dept.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
Yeah I assume I did, didn't keep any of the letters but i received benefits that entire claim year, I do remember getting one letter saying that I was eligible for an extension that year.
this really sux, I'm already in the wia program and was planning on going back to work by december anyway, but this totally caught everybody offguard, looks like it's going to take 3yrs to get a 2 yr degree if I have to drop classes to settle for whatever job I can get
you didnt keep your letters?

ok, well, if you started 3/1/09 on Year 1, and without interruption collected til 3/1/2010, thats 52 weeks. thats somewhere in Tier 2.
26 weeks UI
20 weeks Tier 1
6 of 14 weeks Tier 2.
IF you had a normal claim.

with a dead week, and counting til now, thats another 29 weeks youve collected Year 2. bringing forward Year 1 at week 7 of Tier 2, that would use up those 8 weeks, the 13 in Tier 3, the 6 in Tier 4 and the first 2 weeks of EB.
so, you MIGHT have 18 weeks of EB left.

but thats if its a normal full strength claim. and then you have to compare the payments you got this year with last. if they werent terribly different (mine were $11/wk more this year than last), then you should be in that neighborhood of 18 weeks, you would think.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,731 times
I received four letters this weekend telling me NCESC paid me too much since March, and I need to repay $3600.00. Now I have to file an appeal. What do I take to an appeal, that I had nothing to do with the amount that I was receiving?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:43 PM

WHAT P***ES me off is that all the local offices know to tell u to do is to come file an appeal!?!?!?
WTF?!?!? are they idiots! or just get no info? I mean even glancing at the NC ESC site main page shows u that aint the way to do it?!??!?!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridge Foothills View Post
I received four letters this weekend telling me NCESC paid me too much since March, and I need to repay $3600.00. Now I have to file an appeal. What do I take to an appeal, that I had nothing to do with the amount that I was receiving?
u need to go back and read the last 50 or so pages
start on page 292 and itll show u whats what

Old 09-27-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridge Foothills View Post
there are going to be some 40,000 appeals, in theory. you can try to do it via phone, or if you can get to an ESC office that isnt generally too crowded, you might as well go. trust me, they are expecting you.

theyd prefer the waiver form is signed, so its really just a matter of who you reach via phone as to how easy they can make it for you.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
WHAT P***ES me off is that all the local offices know to tell u to do is to come file an appeal!?!?!?
WTF?!?!? are they idiots! or just get no info? I mean even glancing at the NC ESC site main page shows u that aint the way to do it?!??!?!
the form, 569, i believe, isnt available via their site, i dont think.
like i said, i think your success on the phone has a lot to do with who you reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina