Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 02:05 PM

330 posts, read 458,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
ACTUALLY once u have a second year, they look to see if u QUALIFY for NEW Tiers IN THAT YEAR (based on earnings) and if u dont (MOST DONT!) they PULL FWD the unused TIER $$$ from where u left off
AT THE OLD YEARS RATE
and in that case u DONT get EB pull fwd!!!
BUTTTTTTT most are like me
and u shouldnt have gotten a 2nd year claim approved and since they now REMOVED THAT
you DO qualify to pull fwd EB! but
u will have to have someone MANUALLY Open that claim for u in raleigh
lets be careful answering.
you contradicted yourself in your answer. you said:
"they PULL FWD the unused TIER $$$ from where u left off
AT THE OLD YEARS RATE
and in that case u DONT get EB pull fwd!!!"
and you also said:
"you DO qualify to pull fwd EB!", both cases being about not getting a Year 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM

16 posts, read 21,283 times
so i went to local office. 5 minute wait. I filled out an appeal form with statement asking for a "waiver of overpayment." The guy entered my appeal into the system as well. That's it. Now I on record of making the cutoff from Oct. 8th to appeal.

Recap:
-Had earnings in 4Q 2008, and small in 1Q 2009. Started collecting UI in Jan 2009. Been collecting $505+$25 every week since. Kept getting extended with next tiers.
-Friday and Saturday I received 4 letters of Overpayment totaling just under $12,000. (less then I thought for full year)
-Received a letter yesterday with Monetary Determination with my 4Q 2008 and 1Q 09 earnings.... and the "disqualification" at the bottom.
-Filed for benefits Sunday online. Has not hit bank account.

Now just wait nervously for ESC appeal response.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM

776 posts, read 1,679,720 times
Our story has hit Drudge...middle column, about 7 stories down. It's getting ALOT of exposure.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM

407 posts, read 658,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
what in the world are they saying? Tier 4 has a max of like...6 weeks. it couldnt possibly be 13 weeks. good grief.
i had to explain it to her like that....

Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM

46 posts, read 69,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
I received the exact same letters today...except my letter 3 has at the bottom left: "Claim has indefinite/ineligible disqualification." Does your have that, too?
Yes it does. Does that mean simply "You ain't getting diddly until you repay us what you owe us?"

Old 09-28-2010, 02:13 PM

407 posts, read 658,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
lets be careful answering.
you contradicted yourself in your answer. you said:
"they PULL FWD the unused TIER $$$ from where u left off
AT THE OLD YEARS RATE
and in that case u DONT get EB pull fwd!!!"
and you also said:
"you DO qualify to pull fwd EB!", both cases being about not getting a Year 2.

im sorry, to be clear
after a 2nd year expires, they check to see if u qualify for extensions BASED ON THAT 2nd year--- most of us dont, b/c we didnt work enough in THAT 2nd year

so at that point, they DO pull fwd the remainder of the tier $ from year 1

if u were in week 4 of Tier 2, then u go back and pick up where u left off
BUT since its being pulled from year 1, its at the year 1 rate

as for EB
IF u get a new 2nd year claim BUT dont get any extensions BASED ON THAT CLAIM YEAR then NO u cant pull fwd EB at all

BUT if u never had a 2nd year claim approved (like me, its RETROACTIVELY been denied! and its like it never happened) then YES they do pull fwd EB

confusing i know

Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM

8 posts, read 14,052 times
Default What a mess!

Firstly, I have to thank all those who monitor and post their experiences on this board, the ESC should be looking to employ all of us to replace whatever source they are hiring from. I do feel however for all those unemployed who don't have the luxury from learning from others where unemployement is concerned because the communication and expertise from the ESC employees makes this system almost impossible to understand.

I have a mind bender here that I am trying to logically understand. I started unemployment back in May 10, 2009 however because of poor instructions from opening a claim online I never officially go started and receiving benefits until July of 2009 (july 26 to be exact.) On May 8 - the beginning of year 2 - I was at week 16 of Tier 1 ($494 per week + 25). Of course I supposedly qualified for 13 weeks reg UI for year 2 and served my waiting week with no pay and went through 13 weeks of a reduced payment ($14 less per week for 13 weeks) then resumed pull forward for 5 weeks at $494 rate and this last week received two op notices one for $466 for week of May 29 and one for $340 for week of September 04? This wee was a 50% pymt.

The whole OP makes no sense in the world to me - I have plenty to pull forward - I made less per week and had a waiting week - why would I owe money??

By my calculations I am still in 3rd tier even with the swap out?? I would love to see if anyone else has had any luck with getting op understood or reversed. I called local ESC and the rep asked me how I knew so much - and then said I had been on unemployment a long time I should not be upset.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Our story has hit Drudge...middle column, about 7 stories down. It's getting ALOT of exposure.
that story above it...that Minnesota job skills counselors are going to be out of work Friday...i wonder if thats the case here in NC.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM

108 posts, read 159,989 times
Wow. What a mess.

I say again....how in the HECK is the government going to run the health care system? If you think THIS is a mess, wait for that to come down the pike. We are in serious trouble.

I really feel for all you guys being yanked around like this. Hopefully this will all get worked out and most will not be too affected by the final outcome.

But, man, what a mess.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM

bb1831,
can you clarify this part:
"Of course I supposedly qualified for 13 weeks reg UI for year 2 and served my waiting week with no pay and went through 13 weeks of a reduced payment ($14 less per week for 13 weeks) then resumed pull forward for 5 weeks at $494 rate"

you generally dont "pull forward" once they gave you the go ahead for Year 2 UI. you get shorter length Tiers of Year 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina