Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 01:09 PM

776 posts, read 1,679,720 times

Advertisements

So...the programming to correct the issue was set in like April, but it's taken them another 5 months to finally deal with the 40,000 claims THEY KNEW were f'ed up.

So, what were they doing when they had said that they were in a "holding pattern" during the entire time Congress was holding up the extension of benefits over the early summer. Too busy then, huh?

Bunch of %&$^&#%^$ $*&#&@*$ #)($&)$&)#$)(#!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz
Could someone explain to me what "pull forward" means?
"Pull forward" is just the term we use for when any unused benefits from your first year is "pulled forward" into your second year.

For example, if your first year benefits ran out in the middle of Tier 2 EUC, you're still entitled to those benefits (rest of Tier 2, 3, and 4) in your second benefit year...so those benefits are "pulled forward" to your second year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM

330 posts, read 458,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
The more I think about this, the more astonished I am. All the information being fed to us by ESC is really incredible. Surely the agency would not let us go 9 months with payments they know are incorrect, with no notice of such, and then expect payback?
And the mail has been here and I received no total letter and no EB letter. And the ESC site still shows my benefits exhausted and no check coming this week. Ow.
Could someone explain to me what "pull forward" means?
that they would start taking 50% and send out letters before having it all figured out is a mistake on top of a mistake.
the whole last letter thing is baloney at this point.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM

656 posts, read 1,135,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
from the N&O:
The ESC has known it was miscalculating benefits for about 38,000 people since January but was unable to complete the necessary computer programming until recently, said David Clegg, the commission's deputy chairman and chief operation officer.

KNOWN ABOUT IT SINCE JANUARY.
and yet everyone who had a re-file in February, in March, in April, in May, were all calculated the same wrong way.
Jan???????
That makes my blood boil!!!
I started my 2nd year in early Feb and barely got put on EUC
(by $56.00, ha.)
I double checked with them and went in person to look a the screen.. I wanted a pullforward, NOT EUC in a 2nd year,
And they've known that long?
They could've fixed that within 8 months.... something smells fishy about the whole thing.... I just don't buy it

Old 09-29-2010, 01:54 PM

In Big Government Land...this is a valid excuse and if they can actually manage to blame it on the people, they would. In fact, the NCESC has blamed it on us from there "we've been overwhelmed for the last two years with a record of claims, so something was bound to screw up somewhere."

In the real world though...it doesn't fly.

Unless I can go down to my first eligibility review and tell them..."Oh no, I didn't fill out that work search form, in fact, for the last 3 months I've been little busy taking care of my son and my family, so I haven't been able to actually look for work. But, I figure, eh, I'll just put it off and deal with that looking for a job thing at a later date, but keep paying me."

Heck I'd love to just stop paying my mortgage for nine months, and when the mortgage company comes calling, I can tell them..."Oh yeah, I've got the money to pay for it...I just figured, eh, why bother...it takes too much time to write that check or setup an online account to do over the internet."

Old 09-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Just got mail, when I saw another letter (7) in my box, I about freaked!
So this is something different.
It's an offset receipt for oevrpayment letter.
I'm ass-uming once again that they drafted this (after) I filed Sunday letting me know they took the OP out and I still owe $5.
Well flash alert, they took the whole thing out this week and it totalled the whole amt. >also the amt they say I have as an OP.

I have no idea what the $5 balance is for.(possibly a tip for a euc rep)??
It lists my credit for Overpayment and also balance due of OP., then it goes on to state the security law requires direct refunds of the overpayments yadda ,yadda and all benefits will be reduced until the OP's are liquidated.

Signed Stan Linzey. Ass Director for Benefits Claims Adm.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:21 PM

12 posts, read 22,955 times
i just got my letter in the mail stating that they took half of my benefits for the overpayment and showed the balance...at this point after all of the letters i've gotten i don't even know what i have left or if i qualify for EB or anything...blah..i qualified for Tiers 2 and 4 yesterday...and in the same batch i got the letter that i didn't qualify for EUC and then the mandatory Wage Determination with the disclaimer in the left hand corner...again blah...

i just wonder that if the Heavens opened up tomorrow and i found a job that if the ESC would demand me pay back the monies owed in one lump sum???...you can't get blood from a rock.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Signed Stan Linzey. Ass Director for Benefits Claims Adm.
I see what you did there.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:33 PM

36 posts, read 56,459 times
I just received responses to my first two appeal emails. Would you believe they provided the wrong email address for appeals? I am not surprised! Here is what I was sent:

esc public appeals to me
show details 3:02 PM (29 minutes ago)
We have forwarded your e-mailed correspondence to the Benefit Payment Control Department at esc.ui.bpc@ncesc.gov <mailto:esc.ui.bpc@ncesc.gov> for further assistance.
Thank You,
Appeals Department

Old 09-29-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I see what you did there.
lol, I'm bad like that

Old 09-29-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
I just received responses to my first two appeal emails. Would you believe they provided the wrong email address for appeals? I am not surprised! Here is what I was sent:

esc public appeals to me
show details 3:02 PM (29 minutes ago)
We have forwarded your e-mailed correspondence to the Benefit Payment Control Department at esc.ui.bpc@ncesc.gov <mailto:esc.ui.bpc@ncesc.gov> for further assistance.
Thank You,
Appeals Department
Actually I would believe it!...... GEESH!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina