Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 08:57 AM

407 posts, read 660,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
so stop calling.
well i was HOPING i was wrong.... and maybe someone knew something... anything....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
not the way you were a week and a half ago, on Year 2. but how you always shouldve been, never on Year 2.

the 28 million isnt going to be 28 million once its done, because most of the money is going to be replaced with Year 1, just not perfectly.
but even if it WAS $28 million, thats a drop in the federal bucket. they can waste that much in an hour.

BUTTTTTTT not to split hairs
BUT they have allready fixed my claim and offset the overpayments with weeks
SOOOOO techincally I am NOW where I would have been without the wrong 2nd year, im in week 7 of EB

so for many of us (i was told about 1/2 of the people affected are now back on track) those overpayment have ALLREADY BEEN OFFSET and all adjustments done and we are back on track

SOOOO if they now waive that overpayment? what does that do to me??

Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 AM

330 posts, read 460,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
BUTTTTTTT not to split hairs
BUT they have allready fixed my claim and offset the overpayments with weeks
SOOOOO techincally I am NOW where I would have been without the wrong 2nd year, im in week 7 of EB

so for many of us (i was told about 1/2 of the people affected are now back on track) those overpayment have ALLREADY BEEN OFFSET and all adjustments done and we are back on track

SOOOO if they now waive that overpayment? what does that do to me??
if they slid everything forward, and you didnt have to suffer any half-payments, maybe yours wont require a thing, who knows.

i'm just suggesting theyll cut and paste. if you started Year 2 in January, then thats where your Year 1 just continues as if you never left. February, March, etc.
and ignore differences in the weekly $ amount except when THEY owe US.

those are the typical, not 100% everyone, but typical, Year 2 durations of Tiers. about 48 fullish payments and 4 partials. add that to the 52 max of Year 1, 100 weeks.
or go back to Year 1 and get 99 weeks.

thats if, IF, you didnt have any of those pesky disqualifications or unusual wages. like if you got paid in an irregular, haphazard way.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 AM

I know what u r saying BUT techincally doing that is NOT waiving the payments from the wrong year 2

by sliding those weeks up to offset the OP
the OP still exists
and although it makes sense
TECHNICALLY that is not waiving the OP at all
its just making sure that u lose no ACTUAL CASH just week adjustments
which is what i hope to
BUT of course this is nc.... they do everything wrong in the state offices....

Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 AM

I just think the state wont waste time and $ to go case by case on this

i think they will just say WE ARE GOING BACK TO HOW IT WAS 10 days ago and pretend we never caught this
b/c its really hard to go case by case when you have 40,000 to do
but who knows
i mean they are staying open 3 hours later and paying employees 15 hours of overtime a week
to answer phones and say
IM SORRY WE DONT KNOW WHAT THE GOVERNOR IS GOING TO DO
which seems like a HUGE waste of the state budget....

Old 10-01-2010, 10:18 AM

36 posts, read 56,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lblamboy View Post
Does anybody recall what JDLJR would've told this group about how EUC and EB work if you actually have a legit 2nd year claim? Would EUC tiers still apply? If so, are they based on year 1 leftovers via a pullfoward, or do they start over as new EUC tiers on the second year claim? How would EB qualification be determined? Unlike most who were bitten by this issue, I *think* I actually should've still stayed as a legit 2nd year person, but am not totally sure...and don't know if that would be a good thing for me or not to pursue.

Currently, I've gotten 8 letters in the last 8 days:
4 OP letters claiming $6k in overpays
1 WT and Determ Letter saying I qualified for 2nd year at $505/wk for 16 weeks
1 Monetary Determ saying I didn't qualify for EUC b/c of insufficient base period wages?!? (seems inconsistent with above to me)
1 MD saying I qualified for Tier 4 (which again seems inconsistent with above...esp since I've never, ever gotten a Tier 3 letter...and strangely, the amount was a little lower than my 2nd year letter amount?!?)
1 MD saying I qualified for EB (which, online, seems to have been back-dated to July 4th)

They still held out 50% of this last week's payment...I'm waiting on a call back from the payments folks to spell this out for me. UGH!
I empathize with you. I, too, received 8 letters. 5 OP to total $1,781; 1 saying I did not qualify for 2nd year; 1 saying I qualified for Tier 4; 1 wage determination. All contradict each other. And, interestingly, I did not receive a Tier 3 letter either. At this point, I have received no "total" letter, nor an EB letter. However, my account at ESC now says Regular Active (instead of Benefits Exhausted yesterday). But I am still not scheduled for a payment at the Benefit Payment History page. My last benefit was Sept 20. owwies. And no one can tell me diddley.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 AM

36 posts, read 56,723 times
Thanks so much! I see, now that you've pointed it out, exactly what you mean. I will call, but not until Monday since their knickers are in a collective bunch yet. Thank you thank you.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 AM

12 posts, read 23,038 times
this past week has probably taken a year off of our lives...if i still had medical insurance i would go to my doctor...

Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM

15 posts, read 36,166 times
Quote:
RLincoln,

Thanks for the catch...that 2nd year letter DID have a note at the very bottom "Claim has indefinite/Ineligible Disqualification." And to think, I thought they were actually recognizing that I was entitled to a second year! Everything else about that letter makes it sound like it's a valid WT & MD....I didn't even see that little disclaimer at the bottom!

The question still remains though...IF I should actually be eligible for yr 2, is that a good thing or not...Would one normally get EUC and EB at the end of their year 2 period? One letter I got suggests I need 20 weeks in the base period to get EUC, which I probably would have...Not sure how EB for a legit year 2 claim would work. Any ideas?

What a mess!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 AM

330 posts, read 460,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lblamboy View Post
RLincoln,

Thanks for the catch...that 2nd year letter DID have a note at the very bottom "Claim has indefinite/Ineligible Disqualification." And to think, I thought they were actually recognizing that I was entitled to a second year! Everything else about that letter makes it sound like it's a valid WT & MD....I didn't even see that little disclaimer at the bottom!

The question still remains though...IF I should actually be eligible for yr 2, is that a good thing or not...Would one normally get EUC and EB at the end of their year 2 period? One letter I got suggests I need 20 weeks in the base period to get EUC, which I probably would have...Not sure how EB for a legit year 2 claim would work. Any ideas?

What a mess!
when they redo this redo, i dont know if theyre going to ignore that people didnt really qualify for a Year 2.
to qualify for a Year 2, you have to have base wages. and those base wages have to be in 2 Quarters, and the total has to be 1.5x the highest of the Quarters.
PLUS theres that 6x rule.
that you got the letters would seem to indicate you didnt qualify for whatever reason.

yeah, its ridiculous that they send out what amounts to an identical letter saying no you dont get the money as they did when you DID get the money. especially with it including a weekly amount and a duration.
just another problem i have with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina