Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 PM

28 posts, read 67,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Was the four weeks worth of money they put in your account leftover extension money from your previous benefit year? If it was, was it EB?

I hate to keep saying this to people, but I don't usually like to venture a guess unless I can see your claim in front of me. But I would think, if you exhausted Tier 2 EUC that you would be eligible for Tier 3. That's vague, I know, but these days much about the program seems to be.
Yes it was left over extension money from my previous benefit year of 2008_2009.

Do you know anyone or heard that anyone has received a letter from EUC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 PM

37 posts, read 97,385 times
greenpoochie
Yes, a friend of mine received one today. However, she is currently receiving Tier 2 benefits. That tells me they started with the people already active and receiving benefits. Sounds completely backwards to me.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmitha View Post
OK, thanks. Just to clarify. I would begin Tier 2 in February. While receiving that, my benefit year would end shortly after, so my Tier 2 benefits would end, correct? Then its kind of up in the air if I would go to Florida and open a new claim or start a new benefit year in North Carolina and continue the Tier 2. Do I have it right? Thank you!!
Yea, you have it right. When your benefit year ends, if you've still not found employment you will either have to open a benefit year in Florida (if you qualify for new, regular UI there), or open a new benefit year in NC (if you don't qualify for regular UI in Florida). Benefits can't continue without doing one or the other.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
JDLJR first of all, thanks for all your help outhere. you have been great to all of us. i was able to get through today and the rep reopened my Tier3. She said she would file original 4 weeks for me (2 tomorrow and 2 on Wednesday). And then i need to wait until this Friday to file the rest. How would she remember to file tomorrow and Wednesday for me. Does it sound familiar to you? Is it a procedure? Thanks again.
Me personally, if I tell someone I am going to do something for them the next day, I put a little 1" x 1" yellow sticky note on my computer monitor. Nothing high tech!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdrt185 View Post
greenpoochie
Yes, a friend of mine received one today. However, she is currently receiving Tier 2 benefits. That tells me they started with the people already active and receiving benefits. Sounds completely backwards to me.
I agree, that sounds backwards. Thing of it is, your friend doesn't have to do anything to get her Tier 3, as it will automatically roll into Tier 3 when she exhausts Tier 2. I would have thought they would have notified the people that have to do something before anyone else, to get their ball rolling again!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM

37 posts, read 97,385 times
JDLJR
I just don't understand this convoluted thinking. Maybe that is why you didn't get any calls today from Tier 3 claimants. You have got to be frustrated. They are tying your hands also by limiting your knowledge of eligibility. They seem to be making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 6,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Sounds like you should receive Tier 2 at 50%. They've extended, by a few months, the expiration dates.

As far as when your benefit year ends - if you can qualify for a new, regular UI claim in another state, you MUST file for a new, regular UI claim in that state instead of attempting a new benefit year in NC. Sounds like you may qualify for a new, regular UI claim in Florida.

If you don't, then you can attempt a new benefit year in NC and likely any remaining extension money would be pulled forward from the old benefit year. Not sure what will happen with your Tier 3 and 4 after opening a new, regular UI claim in a different state.
That puts me at ease a little, thanks again. Based on your knowledge base, is it possible I could fall through any cracks? Or will I get one or the other? I hate to keep stalking you :-), but gotta make some serious life changes with my house and pets soon if I don't have some sort of confidence level with this system and what is available.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 6,856 times
I got through yesterday, and I was told the reason I have active issues is because I haven't sent in my work search record. I never received a notice to do so and since I wasn't receiving benefits, I didn't know I had to still send those in. I was told to send in my job search records for Dec. Via fax to mary. Does anybody know how busy she is, or how long it will take her to change my status?

Old 01-05-2010, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,856 times
FlightAttendant-

Your facetious remarks were unwarranted and unappreciated. We are all in a tough boat here, and don't need insults on top of injury. So, in the future keep those thoughts to yourself.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 AM

86 posts, read 174,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatzfactor View Post
FlightAttendant-

Your facetious remarks were unwarranted and unappreciated. We are all in a tough boat here, and don't need insults on top of injury. So, in the future keep those thoughts to yourself.

agreed about the remarks. totally uncalled for.
oatzfactor - not sure why they asked you to fax the work search papers. they are not needed for Tier 3. It is just a continuation from Tier 2. Work search papers are only needed for EB. You might want to call them and tell them you just wanted to file for Tier 3 not EB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina