Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 AM

31 posts, read 42,740 times

Advertisements

Same here Cowboy! Not going to waste time calling them anymore & just focus on JOB. It is what it is and just have to deal with it and stay positive on the job hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 AM

8 posts, read 14,998 times
ok, so this is slightly delayed, but i just found my letters i got mailed to me and wanted to check here ebfore calling my local esc office. I applied for my 2nd benefit year knowing i would just be eligible for a pull-forward back in july. I received letters on 7/26 and 7/27 stating that my maximum benefit amount would be $3119. a few days later on 8/02 i got another letter stating there was a revision and my maximum benefit amount got reduced to $1964. is this a miscalculation on their behalf, because i assumed that since it was a pull forward it would just provide me with the benefits i had leftover from the tiers i never used in year one and not use any form of calculation (like they do to determine 2nd year eligibility). my initial benefit amount from year one was $4620 and that amount continued in EUC and EB(never went into my second tier just went straight from EUC to EB)

secondly, a few weeks ago i received about $100 less than my usual weekly benefit amount. is this normal or do i need to call and get them to correct this error?

thanks in advance to any input provided.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM

18 posts, read 33,797 times
Default EUB what happens in Nov. 2010

Do we have to wait for the house to pass EUB again this Nov. 2010
Thanks!
Tayte

Old 10-18-2010, 05:55 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
Do we have to wait for the house to pass EUB again this Nov. 2010
Thanks!
Tayte
You can move to the next tier up until the expiration (which I think is Nov 28th?). If say, you get put on Tier 3 in mid-November, you will be able to collect all of Tier 3...without an extension, you just might not be able to move up to Tier 4. There is a talk about an unemployment extension being put together and voted on during the lame duck session.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:05 AM

10 posts, read 17,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Correct. Just keep filing and you'll automatically be enrolled in Tier 2. We all get the "2 weeks or less" message at the tail end of any tier or program you're in.

If you exhaust Tier 2, you'll be one of the ones hoping for Congress to extend EUC benefits after November.
Thanks! I was pretty sure this was the case, I've run into it a few times already, but I just wanted to be 100% certain.

I certainly hope to be employed by the time my Tier 2 benefits are exhausted, but then, I've been hoping to be employed every day for quite a long while now. I sincerely hope the powers that be on Capitol Hill will pass an additional extension, if only to provide EUC to those who do not meet the current cut-off date.

Edit: I have another quick question. My Benefit Year is scheduled to expire on 4 December. My Tier 2 benefits should get me through to late January, only my Benefit Year will expire in the middle of Tier 2. Will I be able to file for an additional (third) benefit year, and receive the unused Tier 2 benefits I had already qualified for under the existing legislation?

Old 10-19-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowas View Post
Edit: I have another quick question. My Benefit Year is scheduled to expire on 4 December. My Tier 2 benefits should get me through to late January, only my Benefit Year will expire in the middle of Tier 2. Will I be able to file for an additional (third) benefit year, and receive the unused Tier 2 benefits I had already qualified for under the existing legislation?
You will need to apply for a third year when you officially get the "Benefits Exhausted" message. I'm assuming you won't get approved for new regular benefits, but they will open a new benefit year for you in order to draw whatever remaining benefits you have left, so yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbig View Post
ok, so this is slightly delayed, but i just found my letters i got mailed to me and wanted to check here ebfore calling my local esc office. I applied for my 2nd benefit year knowing i would just be eligible for a pull-forward back in july. I received letters on 7/26 and 7/27 stating that my maximum benefit amount would be $3119. a few days later on 8/02 i got another letter stating there was a revision and my maximum benefit amount got reduced to $1964. is this a miscalculation on their behalf, because i assumed that since it was a pull forward it would just provide me with the benefits i had leftover from the tiers i never used in year one and not use any form of calculation (like they do to determine 2nd year eligibility). my initial benefit amount from year one was $4620 and that amount continued in EUC and EB(never went into my second tier just went straight from EUC to EB)

secondly, a few weeks ago i received about $100 less than my usual weekly benefit amount. is this normal or do i need to call and get them to correct this error?

thanks in advance to any input provided.
I would definitely call because I can't say for sure.

What I do know is that a pull forward should be the same amount you received from your first year. I recall that when I got my pull forward...I did get a REVISED Tier 2 letter and it had a revised amount to match where I had left off. In other words, I had about 10 weeks leftover in Tier 2 which needed to be pulled forward...and that revised monetary determination letter only highlighted those 10 weeks.

And I would absolutely call about that $100. The NCESC "should" be able to explain that one.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:09 AM

Has anyone not received a benefit payment for this week?

I usually have the funds deposited into my bank account by now. It's highlighted in my benefit payment history...but so far, nothing has been deposited into my account. Kinda making me nervous.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Well...I'm definitely on EB. I just got an Eligibility Review appointment notice in the mail...set for 10/29. I'm one of the many who got thrown into EB after the overpayment debacle. So, in essence, I'm expecting all of this to be a colossal mess. It only says...bring with you your "work search records" for the weeks prior to your appointment date. Everything?! Yikes. I've been putting my records in spreadsheet form and now I've got to transfer it to their rather archaic form.

I'm rather annoyed by the letter also. Had I not visited this site, I would've been CLUELESS as to what to bring or what it's even about. All it says is, bring your work search records on this date at this time...failure to do so, you lose future benefits. That's it. Not "Please make certain that your work search records are filled out entirely and legibly on Form-NCwhatever it is....blah, blah, blah". What this does is tie up their phone lines even more with people panicking and saying, "Uhh uhhuhh...what do I bring? What's it about? Etc etc". I know jdljr has said that we're EXPECTED to know which form to fill out and EXPECTED to know our search requirements...but seriously, do ALL of these people actually understand? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM

8 posts, read 14,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well...I'm definitely on EB. I just got an Eligibility Review appointment notice in the mail...set for 10/29. I'm one of the many who got thrown into EB after the overpayment debacle. So, in essence, I'm expecting all of this to be a colossal mess. It only says...bring with you your "work search records" for the weeks prior to your appointment date. Everything?! Yikes. I've been putting my records in spreadsheet form and now I've got to transfer it to their rather archaic form.

I'm rather annoyed by the letter also. Had I not visited this site, I would've been CLUELESS as to what to bring or what it's even about. All it says is, bring your work search records on this date at this time...failure to do so, you lose future benefits. That's it. Not "Please make certain that your work search records are filled out entirely and legibly on Form-NCwhatever it is....blah, blah, blah". What this does is tie up their phone lines even more with people panicking and saying, "Uhh uhhuhh...what do I bring? What's it about? Etc etc". I know jdljr has said that we're EXPECTED to know which form to fill out and EXPECTED to know our search requirements...but seriously, do ALL of these people actually understand? I HIGHLY doubt it.
they will only want your last 4-5 weeks worth of search records , they will make a copy of them and give you a new form to fill out and bring back in four weeks. i actually brought all of my search records from year one to my first eligibility review for EB and i was the only one who was sitting there with a stack of papers lol. but the past 4-5 weeks is usually all they are looking for at each review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina