Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 AM

330 posts, read 460,872 times

Advertisements

^without a Congressional extension, the most anyone can hope to get at this point is the final phase, Extended Benefits, or EB. (altho in your specific case you MAY qualify for a 2nd benefit year and collect some UI, the very first stage. but youll have to have enough wages in your base period AND have earned, outside of unemployment benefits, at a real job or jobs, about $4550 during your year of unemployment. yes, earned money while not able to find a job. i know.)

and even with a Congressional extension, any of us that have used up all 4 Tiers of EUC wont be seeing any new money anyway.
its hard to "get up off our lazy behinds and go get a job" when we find out today that all of 39,000 jobs were added in November.
NATIONWIDE.
thats 780 per state.
less than 8 per county in NC, if everything was random.
millions of people are going to drop out of the stats every month. troubling troubling times.

even retailers dropped 28,000 jobs. makes you wonder if they dropped full timers and kept the holiday fill-ins. and you can expect more retail jobs gone in January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 AM

18 posts, read 33,799 times
Default EUC. about 3 weeks into tier 2

Will I not get a check this week because of congress?
Thanks
Tayte

Old 12-03-2010, 10:47 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Yeah, I think you and I are still in the same boat, even after the OP screw up...I've got at least 6 weeks remaining on EB.

The only way we lose EB is if the unemployment rate drops. The expired extension only means that no one will be able to shift to a new tier and can only draw the remaining of whatever tier they're in now. But some (not us) may be eligible to draw EB after the tier they're on expires. We saw this similar situation over the summer when Congress couldn't pass a new extension...alot of people just started dipping into EB. So yeah, EB will remain.

I think the $25 extra we're getting will continue as well. I believe the ones who lose out on those extra benefits are ones who filed claims after like, May of 2010 or something. I can't remember the exact date, but I recall that extra dough was discontinued for all new claimants after a certain period of time. Which means, there are older claimants (those who are in their 2nd year) who get the extra benefits, while the newer claimants don't. Kinda weird how that works.
I think I read where we lose our $25.00 per week as of Dec 11th. it's posted on the esc sight.
Go there when you get time and read the new message and tell me if that's how you decipher it
Thanks,
(KC)

Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 PM

30 posts, read 61,086 times
confusing stuff....

Last edited by dozeberrypillboy; 12-03-2010 at 07:52 PM..

Old 12-04-2010, 03:57 AM

81 posts, read 174,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I think I read where we lose our $25.00 per week as of Dec 11th. it's posted on the esc sight.
Go there when you get time and read the new message and tell me if that's how you decipher it
Thanks,
(KC)
Sounds like it to me. Dec, 11, 2010 is the last week we will get the $25.00.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Sounds like it to me. Dec, 11, 2010 is the last week we will get the $25.00.
yep,
that's what I thought

Old 12-05-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
Will I not get a check this week because of congress?
Thanks
Tayte
youll get one if you are in the middle of a EUC Tier. they will let any Tier play out.
or if youre in EB, same thing.
thats my understanding.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:02 AM

193 posts, read 285,840 times
So I filed and got the message "claim was processed but there is an issue..." So I called.

The rep read something saying how california triggered off EB 11/20...keep filing...sorry.

BUT on their website it says....

If you are currently collecting on the separate FED-ED extension of benefits, eligibility will cease after December 5, 2010 with the end of 100% federal financing. Original rules governing FED-ED will once again be in place and California does not currently qualify for the FED-ED extension program under those rules. Unless Congress takes further action, the week of December 5 – 11 becomes the last payable week of FED-ED benefits, regardless of whether the claimant remains unemployed and still has a remaining balance on the FED-ED claim.

Since I filed this morning, the rep i spoke to the 2nd time said I had to call back tomorrow before she could answer anything since they are not "real time." GRRRR.

On another note, on ESC's website, it says

Interstate claimants are eligible for EB in the same manner as any other claimant if the State in which you are a resident and North Carolina are both in an EB period. If either state is not in an EB period, two weeks of benefits are the maximum that can be paid.

And BY LAW, I'm not a resident of California. I pay taxes, own a home, vote all in NC. I'm a resident of NC.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c111:4:./temp/~c111vgZAHo::

I asked a rep a few months about the residency thing and he said because I'm physically IN California, I obey California rules concerning UI.

Any advice?

MAN, I can't wait til we get home. lol. This is crazy stuff.

update: I called the extensions hotline (didn't know they had one.) and told the guy about the dates on CA's website. His manager saw it and they are contacting the Dept of Labor because the DOL has another date. Isn't that just awesome? I'll get a call tomorrow about it.

Last edited by jdmchic00; 12-06-2010 at 07:28 AM..

Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
So I filed and got the message "claim was processed but there is an issue..." So I called.

The rep read something saying how california triggered off EB 11/20...keep filing...sorry.

BUT on their website it says....

If you are currently collecting on the separate FED-ED extension of benefits, eligibility will cease after December 5, 2010 with the end of 100% federal financing. Original rules governing FED-ED will once again be in place and California does not currently qualify for the FED-ED extension program under those rules. Unless Congress takes further action, the week of December 5 – 11 becomes the last payable week of FED-ED benefits, regardless of whether the claimant remains unemployed and still has a remaining balance on the FED-ED claim.

Since I filed this morning, the rep i spoke to the 2nd time said I had to call back tomorrow before she could answer anything since they are not "real time." GRRRR.

On another note, on ESC's website, it says

Interstate claimants are eligible for EB in the same manner as any other claimant if the State in which you are a resident and North Carolina are both in an EB period. If either state is not in an EB period, two weeks of benefits are the maximum that can be paid.

And BY LAW, I'm not a resident of California. I pay taxes, own a home, vote all in NC. I'm a resident of NC.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c111:4:./temp/~c111vgZAHo::

I asked a rep a few months about the residency thing and he said because I'm physically IN California, I obey California rules concerning UI.

Any advice?

MAN, I can't wait til we get home. lol. This is crazy stuff.

update: I called the extensions hotline (didn't know they had one.) and told the guy about the dates on CA's website. His manager saw it and they are contacting the Dept of Labor because the DOL has another date. Isn't that just awesome? I'll get a call tomorrow about it.
EWWWWWWW, what grand timing!!!!!
So your really not a resident of CA, your just located there and pay all taxes to NC, hmmmmmm yeah figures they'll stick you with that one, since your military> geesh!
What's the Unemployment rate out there right now?
I thought it was still really high...?
I hope NC stays triggered on.., however with so many now going into EB after Nov 27th, I can just see them coming up with a magical (Percentage) number to trigger us OFF and soon!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Congress is getting closer to an extension. Rep Senator Orrin Hatch is even for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina