Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM

193 posts, read 285,840 times

Advertisements

I thought it was forgiven. And my $91 OP Was forgiven.

The rep stated that I will get my 20 weeks of EB (since they adjusted to date to 9/12) but why was it 10/24 before the underpayment? I'm not stupid. lol. But were they in the right for taking the money away from me? I guess I wouldn't make a big deal about it but I saw that 10/24 date and I remember being told I was on Tier 4 when I called in a million times.. grrr. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 AM

193 posts, read 285,840 times
And No, KC.. no letter.. no nothing.

I had emailed someone and gotten a response back stating "technical problem solved, u have xxxx in ur bank account as a deposit today..."

that's it.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,401 times
Can't get an answer about the extenstion. Said they sent something in mail, but didn't get anything. I would like to know one way or the other so I can know what to do. If you have an interstate claim they really don't care. The employment office of North Carolina is a joke. They need to tell you what the issue is so that it can be resolved instead of playing phone roulette especially when its long distance and I don't have any money coming in.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
And No, KC.. no letter.. no nothing.

I had emailed someone and gotten a response back stating "technical problem solved, u have xxxx in ur bank account as a deposit today..."

that's it.
just sent you a message

Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
You might be talking about me. I received a huge refund check due to an incorrect year 2 setup with the result being underpayments. Before everything was finalized, I was told that x-amount of EB weeks might be shaved off to then account for what I "owed" the State. I thought that sounded like crazy-making! Regardless, in the end, I'm on EB and - based on what I've been advised repeatedly and payments thus far - everything's okay. I was assured the last time I called ESC that I'll receive the full 20 weeks EB. Again, so far, so good. Knock on wood. Also, why would anyone have to pay anything back to the State at this point? Wasn't all forgiven?
yep it was you!> ha!
well they're really messing her around. Be glad you came out ahead and still get your full EB
By the way,I called yesterday and was assured by a rep that after my benefit year ends on the 6th of Feb, that I can reopen my claim and get the other 7 weeks of EB (ha) crazy!
That would be collecting 112 straight weeks with NO interruptions, only alot of headaches that's for sure.
However my day is coming to an end next week as I start my job that I've been waiting for for the past 2 1/2 months.
I recieved confirmation yeterday that my physical ect... look d good enough to get going, so oreintation for me is next week
Thank goodness for an awesome referal and my dragging through classes last semester> whew, hard at my age, but I did it
I'll still be coming to this thread to try and help where I can.
I was given help this past 2 years by jdljr and some others, so it's the least I can do to try and help others!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM

81 posts, read 174,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
However my day is coming to an end next week as I start my job that I've been waiting for for the past 2 1/2 months.
I recieved confirmation yeterday that my physical ect... look d good enough to get going, so oreintation for me is next week
CONGRATULATIONS!

So happy for you
I hope we all get so lucky. I still haven't found a thing and my benefits end in 2 weeks.
Don't know what I will do. Start selling junk on ebay, I suppose.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 PM

8 posts, read 13,072 times
My second year end date was 01/01/2011 but my account still says REGULAR ACTIVE ACCOUNT. I wonder what is up with that. Do I still more weeks left. That sure would be a Godsend.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Congrats KC...I'm SOOOO happy for you!!!

Don't forget about us when you're rich and famous.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
I just checked my claim profile today and I was switched to Benefits Exhausted. So, I would obviously assume that I'm done.

Sorry to all of you EB'ers in advance...by me coming off of the U3 unemployment roll...I just lowered the unemployment rate 0.00000000000000000000000000001%.

But hey, I'll make the politicians look good with a smaller unemployment rate.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!

So happy for you
I hope we all get so lucky. I still haven't found a thing and my benefits end in 2 weeks.
Don't know what I will do. Start selling junk on ebay, I suppose.
We already sold the junk on ebay last year... including TV's from all the extra rooms, oh well actually it wasn't too extreme
Thanks for the Congrats!
I knew I pretty much had the job since the end of Nov.
However, they took their sweet time while giving me the run around on my physical, then 3 weeks later my orientation, then paperwork after Christmas and just the other day the final YES!
So I actually started today.
Thought it was going to be next week, but surprise!
A little nervous , but it felt good to be in the working/world again.
I'll still file this week and should get a little $$, then that's all she wrote., I'll leave 11 weeks of EB in a claim.
Guess it stays there or who knows, ha!

I know that even with my classes I took and a great resume, it took a close frend to pull some strings to get me on, sorta deflating but oh well it worked! (lol)

Goodluck to you,
I'll keep all of you in my prayers, as that's bascially what got me through this whole ordeal without totally losing it!
I'll still be on this thread, just to keep up

Best Wishes,
KC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina