Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM

14 posts, read 21,485 times

Advertisements

The compromise would be accepting to deal with the budget separately. Or, you could consider that capitulation, all depends on your point of view as to what's giving in and what's compromising.

In the interest of my finances avoiding being compromised, I've emailed every representative on both committees asking for support for H676 and S583. Here's hoping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 PM

169 posts, read 314,854 times
Default I have emailed both as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by radellaf View Post
The compromise would be accepting to deal with the budget separately. Or, you could consider that capitulation, all depends on your point of view as to what's giving in and what's compromising.

In the interest of my finances avoiding being compromised, I've emailed every representative on both committees asking for support for H676 and S583. Here's hoping.

It is as if we are dealing with children(compromise). Things have never been more divided in our country, and it is all happening at the expense of the dwindling middle class. I am not sure if what Gov. Purdue did(veto) was noble or stubborn?! It is completely inappropriate for Republicans to tie something that is federally funded to a state budget bill. It is apples and oranges, and just plain greasy politics. BUT,on the other hand, she is the deciding factor for 40,000 people receiving food and rent money(Its not like unemployment checks are truly large amounts of money).

She needs to think FOR the people, not her political priorities. We have this week, and something needs to give. We are one of three states that let extended benefits run out...seriously...... Shame.

I have petitioned both sides. I have stayed informed. I still have faith that the government will work out this childishness and serve the people in doing what is right. How embarrassing, ideology and affiliation OVER justice and THE PEOPLE.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,485 times
Hello,

I hope someone can answer a question or two for me on here. First.. I'm on end side tier one of my unemployment. Lost my job late last year as the place I worked for moved out of the country, go figure. Anyway... I get a notice on the login screen NCESC that funds for my claim will run out. The funds are exhausted as of this week. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said once I filed this week I would receive no more EUC even though I'm only on Teir 1.

Now... the other day I went to the local office and the lady there said I would move into Teir II.

I guess the questions I'm asking at this point are:

1.) Am I screwed or is there a Teir II etc for me?
2.) If Teir II is available to me, what do I need to do to transition?
3.) If Teir I is depleted of money... does that mean Teir II etc is also or does the Federal Government propagate the new Teir with funds?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:24 PM

187 posts, read 259,101 times
AMEN, HistoryProf2011 ! ! ! Very Well Said! ! ! We need to stay focused on helping the people here and we have the whole week minus 1 day ahead of us to get some positive action accomplished here. I am very much appalled that the true victims of this "backgammon" childishness are the struggling unemployed, the mothers, fathers and small children in risk of being homeless on the street. Please, for their sake and ours as well, continue to call and e-mail endlessly all senators and representatives ! ! !

Old 04-18-2011, 08:32 PM

Nauticalwinds, there's no need to worry. Once you exhaust tier 1, as long as you meet all previous qualifications for receiving your benefits, you will automatically move into tiers 2, 3 and 4. All you have to do is continue filing your weekly certifications. They will eventually mail you a letter of your monetary allotment of benefits for each tier you go into. Tier 2 is 14 weeks, tier 3 is 13 weeks and tier 4 is 6 weeks. I also urge you to write these senators and representatives and support the extension of EB benefits. The day may very well come where you may need these extra 20 weeks of benefits! ! !

Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 PM

174 posts, read 313,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticalwinds View Post
Hello,

I hope someone can answer a question or two for me on here. First.. I'm on end side tier one of my unemployment. Lost my job late last year as the place I worked for moved out of the country, go figure. Anyway... I get a notice on the login screen NCESC that funds for my claim will run out. The funds are exhausted as of this week. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said once I filed this week I would receive no more EUC even though I'm only on Teir 1.

Now... the other day I went to the local office and the lady there said I would move into Teir II.

I guess the questions I'm asking at this point are:

1.) Am I screwed or is there a Teir II etc for me?
2.) If Teir II is available to me, what do I need to do to transition?
3.) If Teir I is depleted of money... does that mean Teir II etc is also or does the Federal Government propagate the new Teir with funds?
I'm guessing you are at the end of your benefit year. it looks like you are just dealing with the end of your first benefit year. if so this more or less has happened to everyone. I was at the end of teir one right around the end of my benefit year. Plus I worked somewhere else during that year. I got different stories from everyone at ESC.

basically you will just file for another benefit year and then teir two will start. Most of the time this is automatic. But sometimes it's not.

don't worry and don't let some dumb*** at the ESC tell you differently.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 PM

169 posts, read 314,854 times
Default What else can I do?

Hey Greg,

What do you think is going to happen? I wasn't worried last week. I am a bit now...I have to admit.

I refuse to get down about it, but truthfully, this shameful political positioning and "power game" is at the expense of good people. Good people who HAD jobs, and were very productive, and are forced to collect unemployment to survive. It's not about laziness, its about something entirely different. Something this country has seen a few times before(economic depression). Their are an increasing amount of college graduates(heavily laden with debt) being cast off into the work world, most companies have downsized so much that they have a tight staff of overworked, and under-underpaid people holding onto their job by a thread. These positions are filled with older people from other jobs that have been laid off(they are usually vastly overqualified). Their are a large percentage of people on the cusp of their silver years(99ers) trying to compete with 21 year olds fresh out of school. NO new industry on the horizon(natural gas pipeline in Alaska 2014!?)The reality is grim at best, and just typing it makes me feel sorry for future generations. It is truly about survival. Will either of the bills that still exist for the unemployment extension get passed. I hate to be so negative, but I feel pretty down about greasy politics dictating my ability to pay rent.

Good news, where are you?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 PM

174 posts, read 313,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
It is as if we are dealing with children(compromise). Things have never been more divided in our country, and it is all happening at the expense of the dwindling middle class. I am not sure if what Gov. Purdue did(veto) was noble or stubborn?! It is completely inappropriate for Republicans to tie something that is federally funded to a state budget bill. It is apples and oranges, and just plain greasy politics. BUT,on the other hand, she is the deciding factor for 40,000 people receiving food and rent money(Its not like unemployment checks are truly large amounts of money).

She needs to think FOR the people, not her political priorities. We have this week, and something needs to give. We are one of three states that let extended benefits run out...seriously...... Shame.

I have petitioned both sides. I have stayed informed. I still have faith that the government will work out this childishness and serve the people in doing what is right. How embarrassing, ideology and affiliation OVER justice and THE PEOPLE.
I can't agree with you more.

If a father and mom can't agree on how to pay for groceries and instead of compromising they decide on not getting groceries at all until one of them breaks,what happens? Their children starves. That sounds crazy doesn't it. Our leaders would rather let their children starve for a while before they bend on their policies.

with that said it's scary that a whole day went by with no NEW news. Hopefully tomorrows press conference will change something.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,485 times
Thanks for the answers; I’ve been stressed the last few days wondering how I was going to make it without the help. I hope I won't need all of the Tiers as I’m trying my best to create work.

I’ve given up on finding a job in North Carolina and I’m not willing to uproot and move from where I’ve lived the majority of my life.

I'm doing everything I can to quit being dependant on our government as it’s my opinion I’m only selling my soul to the devil. Our government and big money has little interest in helping us.

Only my opinion but I think America's people, namely middle class like myself and most likely the ones who are reading this need to make changes in their lives first before we can make changes in our government.

Liberals will balk, but keep in mind that some of the things I’m suggesting don’t sit well with me either. However, tough times call for tough people to make tough decisions that won’t sit well with everyone.

First off… This little thing with keeping up with the Jones' is got to stop! These people with big money rely on us demanding the newest gizmos and flashy bling-bling. QUIT buying the newest gadgets, the flashy cars and fancy clothes. It’s time to revert to some good old fashioned fun… catching lightning bugs with your child. Take your kid fishing; teach him or her how to plant a garden. I promise those memories will be far more lasting than buying them some stupid shoot’em up game for the X-Box360 or whatever you have.

Politicians keep doing what they want to do because big money pays them to pass laws that favor big business and big money. The only ways we can stop big money is by keeping the money in our pockets and go fishing, hunting, walking in the park, growing a garden, building a toy out of wood. What about a movie? NO! NO! NO! LOL. Television and movies are nothing more than advertisements aimed at consumers to make them think they’ve gotta have the biggest toys. Again… big money that cares nothing about you or me!

Let’s revert back to depending on ourselves. Go out and build a tree house with your kid. Go hunting, grow a garden; teach your child how to survive without depending on the grocery store. Do your best to buy American made products, if it isn't American made, improvise or do without until big money learns that "WE" are what drives the American economy, not them! Make them bring their production facilities back into the country they made their fortune.

Yes I will and have always contacted the so called politicians that pretend to care about us. However politicians aren’t listening to you and me because they’re listening to who’s constantly throwing money their way.

It's time we do a little adjusting of who exactly has the power in the US. We the people have the power and we won’t have to have a revolution to prove it. All we need to do is keep our money close at chest and use it wisely.

It’s not impossible to turn this around people. We’ve been living the easy street for a long time and not minding the store front. Now it’s catch-up time for all of us but the goal is obtainable. Stop feeding the pigs.

(Edit- BTW before anyone asks, I've not been in a Wal-Mart store in over a decade.)

Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM

Nauticalwinds, I'm very proud of you! ! ! People like you are truly the ones that give me hope that not all has failed and gone down under! ! ! Thank you for your "true words of wisdom." People, call, call, and call again, and flood these legislators' emails with messages. We need to bring back EB benefits this week! ! ! There's an old Greek saying: "The Persistent Voice Will Win The Battle."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina