Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,373 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the H.I..R.E Act of 2010 carried over into this year? I used it in my efforts to lobby for a job explaining the benefits to the employer of hiring a layed off worker. They are not familar with the bill and I cannot verify if it is still active. Additionally, I have to commend so many members of this forum for their highly informative posts and updates about the expiration of our EB benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM

264 posts, read 312,995 times
Agreed holwager.

Please if anyone else here would, contact WITN so they will see enough support on reporting on this. You can do it anon at Report Breaking News Tips (http://www.witn.com/home/misc/114932519.html - broken link)

If anyone else from eastern nc is here, please contact, wnct, wcti, daily reflector, freedom communications- enc.com.

Please if anyone here has developed a listing of contacts in excel or access, please share. I'm pretty savvy and am willing make contacts within my community who are willing to step up and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I'm here to focus on a solution in which EB gets reinacted, not to debate politics. Sorry, but I need to stay focused on the issue that put us all here together in the first place.

My only point was that Perdue hasn't offered a solution either... no one seems to be willing to budge an inch to come up with a solution. Now, my focus is to make sure the media lets ALL the citizens of NC know that.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 PM

108 posts, read 160,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Give me an example of a compromise that doesn't have a great potential of hurting poor people.
You really need to chill out with your hyper partisan rhetoric. It's obvious that you are blinded by your far left ideology. Both sides are playing the usual stupid political games here. Some cuts have to be made to the budget. Gov Perdue needs to get more active in some sort of a compromise. Thus far she wants no part of it. And the "37,000" continue to suffer because of it.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Yes, it is still in effect. AND if there are any job seekers who are having a difficult time due to failure to pass background cks, their are incentives to employers to hire those with a less than perfect history. There is also a free bonding program for new employees that NCESC backs a new hire for 6mos. There are ways to promote yourself to new employers IF they will speed up the hiring process before someone decides to rob a bank and have 3hots and a cot.

soleprovider- human resources guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrev View Post
Does anyone know if the H.I..R.E Act of 2010 carried over into this year? I used it in my efforts to lobby for a job explaining the benefits to the employer of hiring a layed off worker. They are not familar with the bill and I cannot verify if it is still active. Additionally, I have to commend so many members of this forum for their highly informative posts and updates about the expiration of our EB benefits.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:10 PM

264 posts, read 363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
My only point was that Perdue hasn't offered a solution either...
So what's your solution? It's a simple question.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Agree with you sacflies. has anyone taken into consideration what the drugscreen bill will do on the backend? let's see, NCESC will have to employ a "pee tester" with proper restroom facilities at each office or will contract out drug screening. What's the costs here not discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
You really need to chill out with your hyper partisan rhetoric. It's obvious that you are blinded by your far left ideology. Both sides are playing the usual stupid political games here. Some cuts have to be made to the budget. Gov Perdue needs to get more active in some sort of a compromise. Thus far she wants no part of it. And the "37,000" continue to suffer because of it.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM

134 posts, read 172,698 times
I have a solution, get your lawmaking asses to work and pass a stand alone bill. They have the time.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:19 PM

249 posts, read 304,932 times
Default Sorry, I'm busy trying to be proactive

Quote:
Why don't you send some emails to Perdue and ask her what her solution is. I wasn't elected and put into power to put a solution into place.

I'm busy trying to do what I have the power to do right now. I suggest you do the same. We are all out for the same result here. Let's work together and make this happen.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:31 PM

We were on a roll here working for the cause. Let's not get sidetracked, please. I'm contacting everyone I can think of to help. Let's keep the momentum. I know I'm new here but let me tell you when I believe in something I'm a force to be reckoned with.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM

162 posts, read 212,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
Quote:

Starting to sound like budget debates here now. Can't we all just get along and try to help the politicians see what they are doing? They are blinded by party lines. One party is no better than the other. All the party lines do is split us up and make us work against each other. If they worked together half as much as they blamed each other, hell they would only be in session for 3 months of the year.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-10-2011 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: orphan the referring post deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina