Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 AM

264 posts, read 313,024 times

Advertisements

God love ya mommy terry. Dont forget there is a way to make calls over the net. Magic jacks are great too if you have the right internet connection. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I am copying and sending these post to members of GA. Phone is no longer on. Could not pay bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 AM

244 posts, read 311,399 times
GOP blocks amendment to help unemployed workers « The Progressive Pulse

Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM

134 posts, read 172,712 times
You go Ms. Berkley. Give em hell.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:37 AM

169 posts, read 204,357 times
Nice!

I just called Tillis' office again with hope of getting a voice mail and one of the staffers answered so I gave her my line again. "I read and article about the unemployed today and I don't think it's right!" They are not even taking names at the moment and slammed with calls.

Keep calling and keep in mind that these 2 have POWER to make this go away today!

Thom Tillis

Email: Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
...919-733-3451

Phil Berger

Email: Phil.Berger@ncleg.net
(919) 733-5708

Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM

162 posts, read 212,990 times

I hope this wasn't Nesbitt's only plan.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 AM

169 posts, read 314,930 times
Default I feel for your situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
God love ya mommy terry. Dont forget there is a way to make calls over the net. Magic jacks are great too if you have the right internet connection. Just a thought.
soleprovider51, I want you to know that I feel for your situation. Although this does not put $$ in your pocket. I hope my sentiments validate your feelings towards what is happening in our state.

--We are all pretty much up to date on what is happening with this ridiculous "stalemate". All of the state officials look like a bunch of bumbling jacka**ses.

--I have called Tillis and Berger twice today(left messages), emailed and called the governor again, and emailed all of the republican reps again...whats next.

What is next? The media is aware of our situation? Is it going to take something drastic on the part of the" unemployed hostages" to force a change in policy? I don't even know what this drastic action could even equate too? People are growing increasingly desperate, desperate to the point that they are running out of options to survive.

People were given TWO week notice that their income was cutting off in the worst economy since 1929.

Please give me some feedback on these questions--your honest opinion:

1. Does anyone feel that this situation is going to be rectified in the next few weeks? Are they going to reinstate benefits, or are the disenfranchised workers of NC F-ed?

2. Is our push for media attention even affecting these "leaders"?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 AM

244 posts, read 311,399 times
Tillis blames Perdue for benefits impasse :: WRAL.com

Old 05-11-2011, 10:48 AM

37 posts, read 42,817 times
Maybe if all 37,000 of us decided to march on the capital they may wake up and listen. Or maybe as we get evicted we set up our tent city on the governors grounds. I think it's BS that if I was working and doing my job as inadequately as they are I would have been fired by now.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
soleprovider51, I want you to know that I feel for your situation. Although this does not put $$ in your pocket. I hope my sentiments validate your feelings towards what is happening in our state.

--We are all pretty much up to date on what is happening with this ridiculous "stalemate". All of the state officials look like a bunch of bumbling jacka**ses.

--I have called Tillis and Berger twice today(left messages), emailed and called the governor again, and emailed all of the republican reps again...whats next.

What is next? The media is aware of our situation? Is it going to take something drastic on the part of the" unemployed hostages" to force a change in policy? I don't even know what this drastic action could even equate too? People are growing increasingly desperate, desperate to the point that they are running out of options to survive.

People were given TWO week notice that their income was cutting off in the worst economy since 1929.

Please give me some feedback on these questions--your honest opinion:

1. Does anyone feel that this situation is going to be rectified in the next few weeks? Are they going to reinstate benefits, or are the disenfranchised workers of NC F-ed?

2. Is our push for media attention even affecting these "leaders"?
I truly believe that we control our own destiny. I just wish we had a better way to connect to the rest of the 37000+. I would guess we only have about 1000 followers here that have been moved to act in the past few weeks. That's simply not enough to make a difference.

If Tillis and Berger received 37000+ calls and emails daily this would have been a distant memory.

Thom Tillis
919-733-3451

Phil Berger
(919) 733-5708

Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
Very interesting and proof positive that WE are making a difference with our calls and emails. He went out of his way to address this matter today.

KEEP CALLING and EMAILING!

I just called Tillis again for the 3rd time today and quoted the above article and let his office know that if "I don't find a job or receive benefits by "July 1st" I will absolutely 100% lose everything I've worked for in the past 30 years"

Thom Tillis
919-733-3451

Phil Berger
(919) 733-5708

* Be sure to thank Laura Leslie for giving us a louder voice @ lauraleslie@wral.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina