Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM

40 posts, read 65,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
Nobody can post now even if you like again.
yeah, I "liked" again
and was unable to post
so I unliked the jerk.
No wonder this politician
only has 46 likes/friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 03:02 PM

134 posts, read 172,014 times
Alexandra Sirota just sent email, she is sending out media advisory tomorrow, cant wait for the News and Observer to give it to the sorry politicians. Please be their if possible, ESC Albemarle Rd, Charlotte 11:30 on Monday

Old 05-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Looks like there are still comments on McComas page.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM

156 posts, read 189,313 times
Just posted a new message to Mr. McComas Facebook:

Does your friends and family know that you hold the lives of your fellow citizens in your hands? It has been said Mr. McComas that H676/S584 would probably pass unanimously if given the opportunity to be heard. Thousands and thousands of families need food, electricity, transportation. They needed these things 3 weeks ago.

Rep. Danny McComas, NC 19 | Facebook

Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM

162 posts, read 192,624 times
I sent my emails and reminded them that it is Republican and Democrats facing this crisis and that will be remembered next election. I wish a reporter would interview some of these republicans and just ask them point blank why won't they extract the bill?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM

169 posts, read 203,476 times
ALL.

Please read the email below I received from the Editorial Page Editor at the Charlotte Observer. I can't urge you enough to submit your stories to her:
My colleague Nancy Webb passed your email along to me, as well as four others from your friends or acquaintances.
It was very timely because just this morning I was reading news accounts about the ongoing fight over extending unemployment benefits and I was struck by how there was really no coverage of the people who are actually affected by this. It's all caught up in politics, but there has been very little on the individuals who are missing out on those benefits.
I write a column in the Sunday Observer, and was thinking about writing about the unemployment benefits situation and how Gov. Perdue and the legislature need to quit playing politics and get it done. … A great way to tell that story is through the people affected. I'd like to talk with you about your situation and talk to one or more of the other folks who emailed us about their situation. Putting a human face on it, I believe, is really how this issue will get beyond the back halls of the legislative building.
Could I call you, maybe tomorrow morning? And/or could you help me get together on the phone with some of these other folks who emailed us?
Thanks for your time, and for getting in touch.
Best,
Taylor Batten
Editorial Page Editor
The Charlotte Observer
600 S. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
(704) 358-5934
TBatten@charlotteobserver.com

Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 PM

Tell her about the meeting at the ESC on Monday.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:12 PM

264 posts, read 311,620 times
God Bless 'em! Sh*% fire and save matches! Please, please, people with the News & Observer help us to be heard. Legislators are fast tracking us straight into the wellfare line where the majority there do remain on the system for quite a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
ALL.

Please read the email below I received from the Editorial Page Editor at the Charlotte Observer. I can't urge you enough to submit your stories to her:
My colleague Nancy Webb passed your email along to me, as well as four others from your friends or acquaintances.
It was very timely because just this morning I was reading news accounts about the ongoing fight over extending unemployment benefits and I was struck by how there was really no coverage of the people who are actually affected by this. It's all caught up in politics, but there has been very little on the individuals who are missing out on those benefits.
I write a column in the Sunday Observer, and was thinking about writing about the unemployment benefits situation and how Gov. Perdue and the legislature need to quit playing politics and get it done. … A great way to tell that story is through the people affected. I'd like to talk with you about your situation and talk to one or more of the other folks who emailed us about their situation. Putting a human face on it, I believe, is really how this issue will get beyond the back halls of the legislative building.
Could I call you, maybe tomorrow morning? And/or could you help me get together on the phone with some of these other folks who emailed us?
Thanks for your time, and for getting in touch.
Best,
Taylor Batten
Editorial Page Editor
The Charlotte Observer
600 S. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
(704) 358-5934

Old 05-12-2011, 03:14 PM

162 posts, read 212,103 times
here the email for those without a phone tbatten@charlotteobserver.com

Old 05-12-2011, 03:15 PM

264 posts, read 311,620 times
Please comment on this editorial at the Greenville Daily Reflector. Help me to let folks know that eastern NC folks are desperately in need of answers and relief.
The Daily Reflector
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina