Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 07:55 AM

249 posts, read 304,932 times

Advertisements

She needs to do more than just wait for a clean bill. Berger has it all over the media that she won't respond to their request to give them some idea of how she wants to resolve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
My PCC Foundation family member just got back to me. I'm headed to PCC first then bouncing over to Roberts. I now have two up close and personal shots for face time! Wish us luck.

Anyone have any questions they want me to ask? I just have the two I mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 AM

169 posts, read 204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post
Try to get pictures
Or video.

You have a great advantage. You know exactly what she will say. She will blame it on the GOP or GA. Have your retort on the tip of your tongue and speak from the heart.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 AM

162 posts, read 193,432 times
soleprovider,

ask her why she isn't being proactive and finding a solution or compromise for the 37,000 plus who are suffering. She will probably ignore all questions, like we are being ignored.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 AM

264 posts, read 312,995 times
I'll try to do all the above. I'll be checking on here for more questions/advice up till 11:15- wanna be there in plenty of time to blend in with faculty .

Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM

134 posts, read 172,698 times
MEDIA ADVISORY: Unemployed workers to speak at Charlotte press conference on benefits extension

Unemployed workers to speak at Charlotte press conference on benefits extension
Stop playing political games with 37,000 families, say organizers

WHO: Unemployed workers, AFL-CIO and NC Justice Center
WHAT: Press conference backing extension of unemployment benefits
WHEN: Monday, May 16, 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: At a Charlotte, NC Employment Security Commission Office:
5601 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28212

CHARLOTTE (May 16, 2011) – Without an extension of unemployment benefits, 37,000 jobless people in North Carolina find themselves without a source of income to feed their families, pay rent and bills, or purchase other basic necessities.

At a press conference in Charlotte on Monday, some of those 37,000 people will join with labor and social justice advocates to call on lawmakers to extend those critical benefits – and stop playing political games with peoples’ lives.

Speakers will include:

· Unemployed workers from Charlotte and other areas;

· Former Employment Security Commission chair and labor commissioner Harry Payne, now of the NC Justice Center;

· MaryBe McMillan, AFL-CIO NC Secretary-Treasurer

The press conference will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, May 16 in from of the Employment Security Commission office at 5601 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100
in Charlotte, 28212.

In addition to speakers, attendees will be holding numbers that visually represent the 37,000 people, indicating that individuals and families are behind each number.

For more information, contact: James Andrews or MaryBe McMillan, NC AFL-CIO, 919.863.6678; Jeff Shaw, Director of Communications, NC Justice Center, jeff@ncjustice.org, (919) 863-2402 (office) (503) 551.3615 (mobile).

Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM

156 posts, read 190,100 times
I really wish you good luck! I'm there with you, in spirit. This is getting unbearable for me and my family I just had my first real nervous breakdown a few minutes ago. Trying to explain to family how bad this is, really is harder than the situation itself. I'm just at that point today, where if someone said something cross to me.....I'd just lose it!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM

134 posts, read 172,698 times
Charlotte's a big city this should get her attention. Plus she will be here on Monday (Bev)

Old 05-13-2011, 08:20 AM

230 posts, read 275,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
She needs to do more than just wait for a clean bill. Berger has it all over the media that she won't respond to their request to give them some idea of how she wants to resolve this.

And she has told them what she needed to resolve this.. Berger wants her to give into his demands to give us the money we are already suposed to get.

Its like someone asking you to hold $5 and then telling you he will not give it back to you until you give him 100 permanently.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:27 AM

249 posts, read 304,932 times
Default Perception is everything...

Berger is "trying" to look like the good guy and saying that he wants Perdue to communicate with them to come to a resolution. He's not saying "his way or the highway" and he's making it look like she won't budge to help the unemployed.

She needs to show some sort of effort on this. I'm not saying to give in 100% but show that she cares enough to attempt to resolve this issue instead of being unwilling to use diplomacy and reason.

Perception is everything, and right now, the GOP is using the media to their advantage to make it look like she doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
And she has told them what she needed to resolve this.. Berger wants her to give into his demands to give us the money we are already suposed to get.

Its like someone asking you to hold $5 and then telling you he will not give it back to you until you give him 100 permanently.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:31 AM

169 posts, read 204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
MEDIA ADVISORY: Unemployed workers to speak at Charlotte press conference on benefits extension

Unemployed workers to speak at Charlotte press conference on benefits extension
Stop playing political games with 37,000 families, say organizers

WHO: Unemployed workers, AFL-CIO and NC Justice Center
WHAT: Press conference backing extension of unemployment benefits
WHEN: Monday, May 16, 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: At a Charlotte, NC Employment Security Commission Office:
5601 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28212

CHARLOTTE (May 16, 2011) – Without an extension of unemployment benefits, 37,000 jobless people in North Carolina find themselves without a source of income to feed their families, pay rent and bills, or purchase other basic necessities.

At a press conference in Charlotte on Monday, some of those 37,000 people will join with labor and social justice advocates to call on lawmakers to extend those critical benefits – and stop playing political games with peoples’ lives.

Speakers will include:

· Unemployed workers from Charlotte and other areas;

· Former Employment Security Commission chair and labor commissioner Harry Payne, now of the NC Justice Center;

· MaryBe McMillan, AFL-CIO NC Secretary-Treasurer

The press conference will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, May 16 in from of the Employment Security Commission office at 5601 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100
in Charlotte, 28212.

In addition to speakers, attendees will be holding numbers that visually represent the 37,000 people, indicating that individuals and families are behind each number.

For more information, contact: James Andrews or MaryBe McMillan, NC AFL-CIO, 919.863.6678; Jeff Shaw, Director of Communications, NC Justice Center, jeff@ncjustice.org, (919) 863-2402 (office) (503) 551.3615 (mobile).

we need a facebook invite for this and invite the GA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina