Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 04:46 PM

191 posts, read 218,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
History, you may have stumbled on a very important point that I have been pondering upon for several days. We have all come on this site as the victims who have been affected by the crooked games of politics that crooked politicians have played with the issue of EB Benefits. We are identified by pseudonyms. Yesterday, somebody posted that members of congress do not visit these sites, and they exist so people can "vent" out their problems. I don't agree. I firmly believe that amongst us here and in many other sites such as facebook, there are "Moderators" of politicians who pose as one of the affected victims of this issue and have a sole purpose to bring down the morale of people to fizzle out this issue by posting negative comments. That is why, I advise everyone to become as proactive and as loud as ever on this, and let's show them that we mean business here! Do not pay attention to senseless distractions! We're talking about the lives of people, of young children, of households and families!
Very well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 04:53 PM

11 posts, read 14,044 times
Default Going down the drain...

Well I lost my phone today, and the kind folks I'm staying with has told me I need to find somewhere else to live. (So if something dosn't happen next week then I will be homeless.)

I would love to be at the rally Monday but I have no way of getting there, so good luck to those who atten.

I'm about 30secs. from snapping and doing something stupid. Now there is no way for the companies I applied for work at, to connect me. So this is just becomming more and more hopeless.

But I'm trying to stay in good spirts so the motto for this weekend for me is...

"Don't worry and be happy"

Old 05-14-2011, 04:58 PM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
PCGuru79, I had my moment of snapping yesterday. I've been trying to hold it all together, thinking everyday, that something was going to change soon. You just have to try your best to not think about it for awhile...come back to it later on...

Old 05-14-2011, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,374 times
You would get the money but if you are earning more than your earnings allowance that would constitute fraud. But to answer the question, the esc will not be the wiser that you have returned to work.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:01 PM

49 posts, read 63,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGuru79 View Post
Well I lost my phone today, and the kind folks I'm staying with has told me I need to find somewhere else to live. (So if something dosn't happen next week then I will be homeless.)

I would love to be at the rally Monday but I have no way of getting there, so good luck to those who atten.

I'm about 30secs. from snapping and doing something stupid. Now there is no way for the companies I applied for work at, to connect me. So this is just becomming more and more hopeless.

But I'm trying to stay in good spirts so the motto for this weekend for me is...

"Don't worry and be happy"
I wish for so many things... for you and all of us I wish for this to all end positively and SOON! I, like you mention above feel like snapping and doing something stupid daily. I lost it Thursday and just broke down. I can't believe we are left hanging. You are awesome to keep your spirits high. If I can help by offering my phone number so I can email you when someone calls I'd be happy to help out. (hope that doesn't sound weird) if I can help please let me know. I'll message you my contact information.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 PM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
I noticed that in the TV interview Laura Leslie did with Stam and Micheaux, she let Stam get away with a lame answer on why they tied the EB to the Budget too. Journalists need to ask hard questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
I was amazed that in the WRAL article Laura Leslie did not challenge any of Thom Tillis' statements putting all the blame on Perdue.

The media should not be taking elected officials' statements at face value. They should be asking follow-up questions which reveal the hollowness of their political stance.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:12 PM

Default It's federal money

Even if the state government shut down (which I don't think will happen) the EB is 100% federally funded so it won't be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
You all realize that if the budget doesn't get resolved then the state government shuts down because it's running a deficit. So if there's a shutdown, no EB benefits even if they are/were reinstated.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:12 PM

187 posts, read 259,209 times
People, I know a lot of you are close to the "Breaking Point" here and I understand full-heartedly how you feel. Take a moment, and give some thought that if you were to do something stupid, who would be the winner and what would you gain....? ? Absolutely nothing! ! You and your family would be put to the worst shame ever, you would get into an altercation with the law, which will make your chances for future employment even more grim, and on and on.... I will give each of you some advice... Take some time to yourselves and to your family this weekend. As bad as this may seem, it could be worse.... Most of us here have our health, we can think, we can walk and talk, we can see and hear, we can function as human beings.... Let's give thanks to our creator for the blessings He has graciously bestowed upon all of us, and ask Him for His help to show us a way out of this misery. The problem we're facing is temporary and will get solved. Focus on yourselves and your families and clear your minds the rest of this weekend....

Old 05-14-2011, 05:26 PM

169 posts, read 314,930 times
Default True That!

Quote:
People, I know a lot of you are close to the "Breaking Point" here and I understand full-heartedly how you feel. Take a moment, and give some thought that if you were to do something stupid, who would be the winner and what would you gain....? ? Absolutely nothing! ! You and your family would be put to the worst shame ever, you would get into an altercation with the law, which will make your chances for future employment even more grim, and on and on.... I will give each of you some advice... Take some time to yourselves and to your family this weekend. As bad as this may seem, it could be worse.... Most of us here have our health, we can think, we can walk and talk, we can see and hear, we can function as human beings.... Let's give thanks to our creator for the blessings He has graciously bestowed upon all of us, and ask Him for His help to show us a way out of this misery. The problem we're facing is temporary and will get solved. Focus on yourselves and your families and clear your minds the rest of this weekend....
I am going to do just that Greg, I am going to make sure I focus on what matters. Your right about what you said about people intentionally bringing down the nature of the forum with their version of of the future. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

As crude is that saying is(and funny) No one knows what is going to happen in the next few weeks. This forum is open to anyone with an opinion.

I wonder if their are people who work with/for the state government who make it a point to bring down morale on controversial issues(rally-breakers) Especially issues where the government is completely in the wrong. It is undeniable, it isn't some kind of alien cover up.... North Carolina State is doing something morally unjust. You have to wonder if someone working in a representatives office is trolling the internet, placing pessimistic comments to dissuade resistance. Well, it didn't work. This is bullsh**, and I am fed up with being a pawn.

Please if you can make it to Charlotte on Monday, GO. I am going to make my sincerest effort to attend.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:29 PM

I agree with Greg3973 here. If we lose our center, we lose what power we have left. I've been worrying for a while that someone will snap and do something violent; someone who doesn't have the support of this forum and who is out there all alone and unaware that there is hope and people making an effort to be heard.

Let's keep up doing everything we can, not only for ourselves, but for all those out there who have given up hope and think they're alone in this fight.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina