Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 04:32 PM

162 posts, read 192,624 times

Advertisements

got it whirledps. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 04:41 PM

264 posts, read 311,620 times
I have my concerns that Berger's open communications are nothing more than a different way of saying that we aren't going to give but we will make the other side.

Either way, I'm concerned about the budget and other issues but I feel the most urgent need right now is to get funds out to those who qualify for EB. I believe this situation and the # of ppl involved most definitely qualifies as an emergency.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM

191 posts, read 217,417 times
For those who said they won't lose many votes over this, I disagree. I know quite a few people on UE ,who have always been hardcore Republican, that have actually changed their affiliation to independent. I know a lot of Republicans who have not lost their jobs and are disgusted by this as well. It is funny how they stand on their "high moral ground" and use religion when it suits them. HYPOCRITES!!!!!! I TELL YA.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:12 PM

55 posts, read 65,993 times
any more details

Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 PM

I know this is a little off topic, but has anyone noticed how Berger looks like Ricky Gervais?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 PM

156 posts, read 189,313 times
@simpleman73....Yeah I have...he's gay too isn't he?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Yeah I have...he's gay too isn't he?
Don't know about all that, I think Ricky Gervais is halarious. Berger, on the other hand, is not.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:39 PM

169 posts, read 313,930 times
Default Hey Tcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
Just got a call from Phil Berger's office. VERY nice lady, said things are moving along & we would get back pay. She seemed very sincere...made me cry...what a baby I am...LOL! Just glad to hear some good news. The ramen noodles are getting old......

This was a post from someone on Facebook.
Thats all well and good, its not that I don't believe this person.

However, I have never talked to anyone from Berger's office that even mildly nice. In fact, each time I called(probably 25 times by now) I spoke to a cranky old Republican woman. She tried to get me to "get the democrats to override Purdue's veto". She thought she was speaking to someone that was uneducated, and she talked down to me like I was a child. I gave up calling because it was always the same scripted answer. That's interesting someone got a call back?!

I hope thats true. "It will be over soon", etc. Thanks for some positive info

Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 PM

156 posts, read 189,313 times
By the way, when did tcar register and start on here? Just wondering....

Old 05-18-2011, 06:46 PM

169 posts, read 313,930 times
Default Hey thanks for the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
43 days until the 1st of July, hold on a bit longer!!
Your posts are always so inspiring. Thanks for the encouragement still unemployed. Maybe you will get to say "I told you so", and you'd "be right" about unemployment taking until July 1st...........

How about this, when your getting ready to sit down at the computer....think about how other people are going to react to what you write. Is it considerate? Is it intelligent? Or is it just plain self-serving garbage.

People are checking this board because they have hope resolution will come quickly. I'm sure your comments are well-intended, some of them are....

Just quit your amateur predictions about when checks are going to get issued. No one needs it. You have no other information that the rest of us don't have.

Hold on a bit longer..... FU** that. This should have been taken care of 6 weeks ago. I will continue to call, email, write letters, and be proactive...to see that this is done NOW, or asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina