Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 PM

92 posts, read 93,845 times

Advertisements

I ended April 16, Tier 4 and I am patiently waiting for the EB. I might see retro and might not. Just got a call today the job I applied for was filled 3 weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 PM

134 posts, read 172,647 times
Story of my life, I was called in to a Staffing Agency, just to be told they did not have any positions at this time. I paid $8.00 to park downtown. Very dissapointing.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 PM

122 posts, read 161,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Your posts are always so inspiring. Thanks for the encouragement still unemployed. Maybe you will get to say "I told you so", and you'd "be right" about unemployment taking until July 1st...........

How about this, when your getting ready to sit down at the computer....think about how other people are going to react to what you write. Is it considerate? Is it intelligent? Or is it just plain self-serving garbage.

People are checking this board because they have hope resolution will come quickly. I'm sure your comments are well-intended, some of them are....

Just quit your amateur predictions about when checks are going to get issued. No one needs it. You have no other information that the rest of us don't have.

Hold on a bit longer..... FU** that. This should have been taken care of 6 weeks ago. I will continue to call, email, write letters, and be proactive...to see that this is done NOW, or asap.
It's time you are realistic. You have no idea the information I have

Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 PM

230 posts, read 275,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post

Realism and down right rudeness are 2 separate issues.

Also you can say you have all the information you want, but unless you come forward with it you wont be believed, and will just be someone blowing smoke.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM

187 posts, read 259,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Realism and down right rudeness are 2 separate issues.

Also you can say you have all the information you want, but unless you come forward with it you wont be believed, and will just be someone blowing smoke.
Thank you very much, Thaylin. Very nicely put. Now, on another note, the latest news on the issue:

Battle Continues Over Extending Unemployment Benefits - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 PM

230 posts, read 275,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
Thank you very much, Thaylin. Very nicely put. Now, on another note, the latest news on the issue:

Battle Continues Over Extending Unemployment Benefits - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

WRAL Just ran a small segment on EB on the 11 news.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM

162 posts, read 193,372 times
I sent Rucho an email based on his comments from WSOC TV.

How twisted they make this.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM

169 posts, read 314,854 times
Default Thats good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
WRAL Just ran a small segment on EB on the 11 news.

Thats good news....

Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM

24 posts, read 28,666 times
Default nc extended unemployment

I was not going to write anymore but the people who make dumb remarks in the daily blogs must live in there own little world. Raleigh is the only place that has jobs and everyone can't live in Raleigh Stories like food banks needing food,librarians losing jobs should tell them something.Tell them to find a job in Asheville,Wilks or Ashe or New Hanover county.There is not any.Another exmaple is the hold on the Tiger Woods golf course in Asheville because no one is buying the houses and the longer the ue is held up the worse it will get becauseof the trickle down effect.45,000 people could be spending money that would be going back in the economy

Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM

169 posts, read 314,854 times
Default Maybe just maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
maybe your the governor secretly posing as a forum poster, or Tillis or Berger in disguise? I guess it is possible, I bet they have the internet.

But, I imagine this isn't the case......so that being said....

You can keep the "information" you have. Just stop driving home your unprovable point: that this will take to July 1st.

It very well could, which would suck. I am just tired of hearing/reading it from you.

Its like telling someone who is hungry, "hope you can wait a month for that slice of pizza"........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina