Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 01:18 PM

122 posts, read 161,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
One more week and nothing. We seriously need to start thinking that Berger is not lying when he said they are not looking into sending another bill. The Dems are doing everything they can and the MEDIA is blasting them like anything and not only have they not budged they aren't even mentioning this Bill. This guy does not care. If that second budget bill doesn't go through they are never going to address EB. There's nothing forcing them.
Unfortunately I have to agree with every word you said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 01:21 PM

45 posts, read 53,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
I crown you the official KING of negativity. I went back and looked at all your past posts. They are about as encouraging as a kick in the nuts.

Thanks a ton for all of your one sentence doomsday messages.

Do you have anything helpful to say.

Yeah I spent the day once again contacting politicians. I have held firm the whole time on my beliefs. I am a realist. I am in as much pain as the rest but I am also aware this will not change until AFTER a budget is passed PERIOD. So I am fighting along with members of my family but be prepared you WILL go hungry just like me until at least July 1st. The only difference between the US and Syria and Libya is the people are at least doing something about their loss of rights and freedoms

Old 05-19-2011, 01:23 PM

122 posts, read 161,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
Yeah I spent the day once again contacting politicians. I have held firm the whole time on my beliefs. I am a realist. I am in as much pain as the rest but I am also aware this will not change until AFTER a budget is passed PERIOD. So I am fighting along with members of my family but be prepared you WILL go hungry just like me until at least July 1st.
My thoughts exactly, you have to stay real or you will go under

Old 05-19-2011, 01:24 PM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
Realistic not negative. if you don't get real you will constantly be disappointed!

Do you even understand what you are saying?

Old 05-19-2011, 01:34 PM

187 posts, read 259,209 times
Stillunemployed and eyestotheskies, come next week we will know whether or not the EB has been attached to the budget and at least we will have some light on where the situation is heading. We may also have some word on the possibility of a stand alone vote on the issue. My advice to you and to all of us hear, is continue to make your voice heard through phone calls, e-mails and the media. Do Not, under any circumstance, give up on this very important issue of the EB benefits. Keep Up The Hard Work! ! Get people to join this and the facebook site also. Pray that God will bless us all and give us the help we have been so eagerly waiting for....

Old 05-19-2011, 01:37 PM

45 posts, read 53,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
Stillunemployed and eyestotheskies, come next week we will know whether or not the EB has been attached to the budget and at least we will have some light on where the situation is heading. We may also have some word on the possibility of a stand alone vote on the issue. My advice to you and to all of us hear, is continue to make your voice heard through phone calls, e-mails and the media. Do Not, under any circumstance, give up on this very important issue of the EB benefits. Keep Up The Hard Work! ! Get people to join this and the facebook site also. Pray that God will bless us all and give us the help we have been so eagerly waiting for....
Oh, I wont give up no matter what. I have family members who are not unemployed calling Bergers office. I hope I am wrong and I might very well be. I will be a pesky thorn in the politicians side until my phone is cut off.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:47 PM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
Perdue is dug in as well. I think our best bet is to keep communicating with them and use logic and reason. Our state economy will benefit from an $11 million weekly influx of federal money if they will simply accept it. That alone is a reason to pass a clean bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Berger is dug in. Tillis too. We either are going to have to change their view or push the Gov to accept their demands. I do not not which but something is going to have to give.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:48 PM

157 posts, read 182,219 times
I just called Sen Bergers office #919-733-5708
The lady i spoke with was nice enough but of course had no real information. Other than something may happen next week when they come back Monday evening.

I encourage everyone to call and pass on their story. I'm a 52-year old Army vet and I was on the verge of crying putting my pain and worry into words.

As I said, she was nice enough to me and seemed to understand what we are going through, but be nice to her too, she is only our messenger and doesn't pull the strings

Old 05-19-2011, 01:58 PM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Ok folks I'm outta here for a while. Got to follow up on some job leads. I hope to have something good to report after speaking with Rep Wainwright later this evening. Keep calling, emailing and writing.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:02 PM

12 posts, read 14,843 times
You guys cannot give up! I know it is discouraging that another week has come and gone with no resolution, but one side will break. I was speaking to Joe(?) in Speaker of the House Tillis' office today and he told me... these politicians will break, they are going to want to be re-elected and this is one thing that will stay with NC natives for a long time. We may all find jobs and move on, but come campaign season I will remember who made the decisions to make my family struggle more than was necessary... all of you will too. This is coming from a hard and fast Republican, and I have never been more embarrassed to say I was a member of this party. I have made sure that all of my local and state officials understand my position as well. There will be some resolve on this soon, maybe not because it is what the politicians want to do, but because they will want our support again one day... this is not only affecting the families of the unemployed but the economy statewide, no member of the GOP with aspirations of 2012 re-election is going to want that on that riding on their shoulders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina