Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 02:07 PM

191 posts, read 218,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjamomrox View Post
You guys cannot give up! I know it is discouraging that another week has come and gone with no resolution, but one side will break. I was speaking to Joe(?) in Speaker of the House Tillis' office today and he told me... these politicians will break, they are going to want to be re-elected and this is one thing that will stay with NC natives for a long time. We may all find jobs and move on, but come campaign season I will remember who made the decisions to make my family struggle more than was necessary... all of you will too. This is coming from a hard and fast Republican, and I have never been more embarrassed to say I was a member of this party. I have made sure that all of my local and state officials understand my position as well. There will be some resolve on this soon, maybe not because it is what the politicians want to do, but because they will want our support again one day... this is not only affecting the families of the unemployed but the economy statewide, no member of the GOP with aspirations of 2012 re-election is going to want that on that riding on their shoulders.
Well said my friend, well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 02:16 PM

157 posts, read 182,158 times
write the gov and tell her not to sign compromise on State Health Plan fix unless the repubs give her a clean extended benefits bill

Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 PM

45 posts, read 53,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
write the gov and tell her not to sign compromise on State Health Plan fix unless the repubs give her a clean extended benefits bill
Now that's a darn good idea if she is for us there is all kinds of stuff along those lines that she can do.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM

264 posts, read 312,898 times
http://tinyurl.com/5uq7nwb (broken link)
CNN reports for us!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:35 PM

249 posts, read 304,845 times
I just sent this email to Blair Miller at WSOC TV who misreported at the end of their story last night on the EB standoff. He stated that the state has SAVED over $40 since they cut off EB but still has a $2.5 billion budget deficit.

I sent the following email directly to blair.miller@wsoc-tv.com, and assignment@wsoc-tv.com :
Please correct your statement at the end of the story that NC has SAVED over $40 million by not extending unemployment. The fact is that NC has LOST over $40 million from circulating into our state economy to keep businesses open because our state government won't accept the EB which is 100% federally funded. This doesn't have to be repaid.

This is a VERY important point to make when wondering why a clean bill won't be passed. Please report this correctly.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:37 PM

92 posts, read 93,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Well said my friend, well said
Even if he is a republican I would not vote... I can see his tv add already.. I was for it with a smile. Well why did you not hand deliver the bill?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM

191 posts, read 218,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designnewz View Post
Even if he is a republican I would not vote... I can see his tv add already.. I was for it with a smile. Well why did you not hand deliver the bill?
Exactly, when election time comes, you will hear more and more of them say they were for it but their hands were tied. They will find a scapegoat to blame.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM

57 posts, read 70,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
One more week and nothing. We seriously need to start thinking that Berger is not lying when he said they are not looking into sending another bill. The Dems are doing everything they can and the MEDIA is blasting them like anything and not only have they not budged they aren't even mentioning this Bill. This guy does not care. If that second budget bill doesn't go through they are never going to address EB. There's nothing forcing them.
The repub's will address this issue, they have to. They hear the crying voices of those hurting but they are going to hold out for as long as they can. Right now all they care about is their budget getting approved. Theyknow that something has to be worked out before July 1st, the beginning of the new fiscal year, they know they have 4 weeks to play this game. To them we are children crying for food and they are the parent saying I'm still cooking and dinner will be done in a bit but I am about to turn up the noise and make it to unbearable for their ears, Enough is Enough!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Mod note

Lets leave politics out of discussion
thanks

Old 05-19-2011, 02:53 PM

169 posts, read 204,303 times
Tillis' weekly report:

YouTube - ‪May 19th, 2011‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina