Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM

57 posts, read 70,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
For those of you forced to apply for food stamps. How long did it take for your card to arrive in the mail after you applied?
1 week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 10:52 AM

156 posts, read 190,100 times
Whats everyones gut telling them right now? We've been steadfast in this for a month or more now, held strong to our commitment. Do you think the Repubs will attach to something they know the Governor will veto, then make her look bad again for not compromising? Then we'll be looking at more time, or do you think they just want this over with, not thinking we would all come at them the way we have?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:03 AM

49 posts, read 63,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Whats everyones gut telling them right now? We've been steadfast in this for a month or more now, held strong to our commitment. Do you think the Repubs will attach to something they know the Governor will veto, then make her look bad again for not compromising? Then we'll be looking at more time, or do you think they just want this over with, not thinking we would all come at them the way we have?

I never thought it would get this far. I don't know if something concerning EB will be attached to a bill next week or if Tillis made the implication to buy more time. The media has clearly heard our voices and exhausted every effort to attach real people/real stories to the number. (42,000) I don't think this issue is dead. Every week I convince myself next week will be the week... only time will tell. I know the media isn't giving up and neither will we!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM

264 posts, read 312,995 times
My gut feeling is we will have EB in our hands soon. I've tried to be optimistic in the past but, I can say "it will happen next week" and feel like I'm not trying to keep maintain some sanity!

From internal and external communications on this subject, there are concerns about how ESC will manage retro. I have even heard the possibility of disbursement of retro in increments instead of lump sum.

Quote:

Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM

122 posts, read 161,304 times
Quote:
They can attach what ever they like, however the Governor never looked bad and never will. No negotiating with terrorists!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:13 AM

incremental would suck...I need it ALL!!! ASAP!!! I'm sure were all in the same boat. We need this now. I thought it would have worked out this week after Nesbitt started trying the other day.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:14 AM

162 posts, read 193,432 times
I am grateful that a Republican, Rep Justice has spoken out on this. I want to know if she will sign the discharge position. I hope something coming next week, is exactly what will happen. If the Republicans do something sneaky, then I know they have no soul.

All of our efforts I believe are making a difference and I am so proud to have been in this fight with all of you on this board. People working together can make a difference. I am tearing up, but I am going to send more emails. I could hug you all!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:18 AM

same here gemgirl, it has turned into family it feels...though we have some that are the disfunctional side of the family INLAWS!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM

162 posts, read 193,432 times
Quote:
same here gemgirl, it has turned into family it feels...though we have some that are the disfunctional side of the family INLAWS!!!

hey it keeps it interesting.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM

244 posts, read 311,383 times
UADATE: Re: Rep Justice

Rep. Carolyn Justice urges GOP to break unemployment benefit jam | StarNewsOnline.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina