Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 02:44 PM

157 posts, read 182,158 times

Advertisements

A larger story with a little more info

Hope hard to find for NC jobless with benefits cut :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/9625650/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 02:45 PM

45 posts, read 53,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
Perdue said she would sign a clean bill immediately a few weeks ago. She repeated that 2 days ago. She repeated it today. I don't know what news you are looking at, but the Rep leadership is backing down and offering an olive branch to let the EB bill go through. Do us all a favor and go back and look at the posts that link to news stories and videos. Be careful, you might just learn something.

I live in Union County and there was an article two weeks ago on the front page of the Indian Trail Trader talking about a possible veto proof budget and how bad it would be for the schools. I hope the Republicans are not attaching the EB to that bill. I can see Perdue saying "why don't the just send a clean bill" Now on the flip side this budget that they were talking about in the paper was a "veto proof" budget so if that is truly the case we win. I do know that there are a lot of people against school cuts. Just my two cents. Like I have always said I hope I eat crow or at least I hope this is truly a "veto proof" bill with EB in it.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:46 PM

162 posts, read 212,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
So they are going to go back to Tier 1 and tack on an additional 14 weeks?
Thanks to you guys for trying to explain this....
The 14 additional weeks are an add on to tier 1 of EUC08 if the Federal level pushes this Unemployment Extension - H.R.589: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress through.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM

122 posts, read 161,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
A larger story with a little more info

Hope hard to find for NC jobless with benefits cut :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/9625650/ - broken link)
"Republican Senate leader Phil Berger says the benefits will be in the Senate's budget proposal next week."

Tied to the budget. I have read nothing about a clean bill. The Governor will need a clean bill to sign, if the Republicans really want to have something passed!
Another tied on bill is not going anywhere!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
There has been no movement to pass a bill that will allow more than 99 weeks of unemployment. The discussion here pertains to those that were denied the 99 weeks.
As I understood UE was currently good up to Tier 4. After that tier is when this most recent cutoff comes in and this is what they are trying to get passed now. If I understand corrrectly?

Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 PM

244 posts, read 311,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
As I understood UE was currently good up to Tier 4. After that tier is when this most recent cutoff comes in and this is what they are trying to get passed now. If I understand corrrectly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
The 14 additional weeks are an add on to tier 1 of EUC08 if the Federal level pushes this Unemployment Extension - H.R.589: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress through.
Hope this helps explain. Check NCEB link.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 PM

264 posts, read 312,898 times
You're not far from me, same goes here. We'll see through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiwhit View Post
I feel something is about the finally give here in the EB standoff. Be positive everyone if possible and have as nice a weekend as you can with your loved ones! I don't know if any of you are close to me but I would gladly be a shoulder to lean on for any of you. This isn't my fight, it isn't your fight, it is OUR fight--until a resolution and reinstatement. Bless you all! =)

Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 PM

64 posts, read 77,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
No I agree, the logic part was in reading it, and seeing that he was being fork tongued, not straight forward like he should be.
He's a politician, by nature a snake with a forked tongue. Politicians don't think linear like normal people. That being said, if you watch the video again and look at his body language, he is being more honest than not. Pay careful attention to his eyes, he is not looking for prepared words, he is looking to answer the question. His shoulders also show that he is being more honest than not. The predominate shoulder rises when the question is asked, showing that he is looking to block the question, but after the reporter completes the question, his shoulder goes back down. That's a sign of submission. So he let's his guard down and answers the question to the best of his honest ability.

That being said, he is still a politician, and as such is used to giving "pat" answers to questions. So again, read between the lines.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 PM

45 posts, read 53,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
"Republican Senate leader Phil Berger says the benefits will be in the Senate's budget proposal next week."

Tied to the budget. I have read nothing about a clean bill. The Governor will need a clean bill to sign, if the Republicans really want to have something passed!
Another tied on bill is not going anywhere!

Don't be so sure about that. That might be the one I was talking about in my last post if that is the case it has a good shot of being over ridden. RangerBob make no mistake any bill that is not a clean bill. WILL be VETOED by the Gov. that is the point she is making. It is up to the Legislative to override that veto. I am actually pretty excited about this one.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 PM

191 posts, read 218,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
He's a politician, by nature a snake with a forked tongue. Politicians don't think linear like normal people. That being said, if you watch the video again and look at his body language, he is being more honest than not. Pay careful attention to his eyes, he is not looking for prepared words, he is looking to answer the question. His shoulders also show that he is being more honest than not. The predominate shoulder rises when the question is asked, showing that he is looking to block the question, but after the reporter completes the question, his shoulder goes back down. That's a sign of submission. So he let's his guard down and answers the question to the best of his honest ability.

That being said, he is still a politician, and as such is used to giving "pat" answers to questions. So again, read between the lines.
Pay attention to detail, yep that is what they taught us in the Air Force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina