Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 04:39 PM

249 posts, read 304,836 times

Advertisements

Hi Thaylin,

Do you have any details on the possible plan to make EB retro for everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Depends on your situatoin.. If you were already in EB it is suposed to be retro, if you were not in EB as of the 16th then by default it is not retro, but there is another plan to correct that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM

230 posts, read 275,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I'm gathering from all the info out there that the GOP will be attaching the EB bill to a budget bill once again. Once that isn't has harsh but nonetheless...

It is the budget:

Gov. Perdue: GOP leaders playing (http://www.sgrtoday.com/blog/sixteen-west/545-gov-perdue-gop-leaders-playing-little-boy-games-with-jobless-benefits.html - broken link)

Old 05-20-2011, 04:51 PM

264 posts, read 363,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
I am not as optimistic as I was earlier. I received this from Rep Rick Glazier a Democrat. He always answers me.

They are now planning on putting in the Senate budget proposal as a way to force the Governor and the Ds to vote for the budget. Again, they refuse to disconnect the two proposals. It is very very sad. We are going to continue to press for an independent vote all next week. The Senate budget will not even be over to the House for another week or two so this is really pure political gamemanship on their part. Rick
I'm not optimistic based on the forked-tongue quotes of Berger and Tillis. What gives me optimism is the quote from Carolyn Justice, a Republican who openly stated she disagreed with how EB benefits are being withheld from us.

I don't believe she is the only Republican dissident. I believe the rumblings in that party will grow louder in the days or weeks to come.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:53 PM

64 posts, read 77,713 times
My gut feeling is that this will all be settled by Wednesday. The only thing that will be left in the open is how the ESC pays the EB. The people that I've talked to at ESC have said they are waiting for a directive to see how it will be paid. They told me that it will be one of two things. They will reinstore the benefits and start paying at the weekly amount and extend the EB for the 6 weeks that were on hold. They say that is the the probable payment. The people that I talked to say that is a very slight possibility that payments will be retroactive, since that would cause the ESC to be overwhelmed trying to process those back payments while they are still trying to process all the current Tier payments.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:58 PM

249 posts, read 304,836 times
The way my teenage son eats, there won't be any left for anyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
If it gets to that point, everyone on this board is welcome. Just bring your tents, sleeping bags, and yourself and your family. If we run out of room on my 3 acres, we'll just consolidate. I have had people up there before, and they've always left it the way they found it. I only have one rule. Kids eat first.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:02 PM

122 posts, read 161,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
I'm not optimistic based on the forked-tongue quotes of Berger and Tillis. What gives me optimism is the quote from Carolyn Justice, a Republican who openly stated she disagreed with how EB benefits are being withheld from us.

I don't believe she is the only Republican dissident. I believe the rumblings in that party will grow louder in the days or weeks to come.
I agree and I do think it will still take weeks. If the Governor uses the budget to get a clean bill from them, we could see some checks in 4 to 6 weeks.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:07 PM

191 posts, read 218,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
I agree and I do think it will still take weeks. If the Governor uses the budget to get a clean bill from them, we could see some checks in 4 to 6 weeks.
I think a week or two at the most. There are at least a couple of thousand( probably a low number) each week added to the total. Not only are the unemployed crying foul, their families and neighbors are too. It will be political doom for all politicians involved.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:11 PM

122 posts, read 161,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
I think a week or two at the most. There are at least a couple of thousand( probably a low number) each week added to the total. Not only are the unemployed crying foul, their families and neighbors are too. It will be political doom for all politicians involved.
I like the way you think....time will tell

Old 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM

64 posts, read 77,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
The way my teenage son eats, there won't be any left for anyone else!
I have always been a proponent of living off the land. The few acres that I have were left to me by my aunt. It's a wooded area, but I've spent a lot of time clearing it out and spending many weekends up there just having some time to decompress. As I said before, I've allowed many people to go up there and spend a weekend or a week, as long as they follow the rules. Leave it in better shape than you found it. And kids eat first. They have never given me reason to deny them to go up there again. It's a great piece of land, and if this situation with the EB goes south, at least I have a place to go to that is my own.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 PM

157 posts, read 182,153 times
I'm in the Black Mountain area and any land in woods up here is a treasure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina