Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 09:43 AM

162 posts, read 193,446 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a relationship with a reporter that would do an interview with Berger and Tillis or any of the other Republicans and make them answer why they won't vote on a standalone bill if they care about this matter so much? They are hammering it out that it is Perdue that doesn't care, yet they would look so much better if they remedy this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 AM

162 posts, read 212,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
Continue the fight people, voice out your beliefs and always be civil to everyone. I firmly believe that this upcoming week will bring us good news and will restore our benefits. God bless everyone this weekend, and please take the time to relax and enjoy yourselves and your families, because that is first and foremost before anything in life.
Weekends never changed for me. Employed or not, it is family time from Friday @5pm til Monday @6am. Little League baseball games and fishing with my wife and sons. Only stress I will feel is @ All Star tryouts

Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 AM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Cant believe I missed this on the 13th. Sweet way to represent LaRoque. Grade:FAIL Where's the man that was running for office that was for the welfare of the middle class tax payer? I guess Mr. Hyde came out after swearing in. What we really want is JOBS. What we need right now is fed EB to help us get one of the few to be had.

NewsObserver.com Forgetful job-cutter - Letters - NewsObserver.com via

Ya'll have a good one. I'm outta here for the day...got fish to fry.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:59 AM

122 posts, read 161,321 times
More Games

UPDATE
: House Speaker Thom Tillis told the AP today the GOP would send the governor another benefits extension bill – tied to another budget proposal.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:15 AM

45 posts, read 53,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
more games

update
: House speaker thom tillis told the ap today the gop would send the governor another benefits extension bill – tied to another budget proposal.
lmao

Old 05-21-2011, 10:41 AM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
My Lord, what don't they get about "Send me a clean bill"!!!! This would still take weeks to get to us if she and the Democrats accepted it...Then if the ESC doesn't pay it all retro, what good does that do me if I have 1500.00 worth of bills that are late? I am just so DONE with this whole thing! Don't they get it that people are FALLING OFF THE CLIFF RIGHT NOW!!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:14 AM

49 posts, read 63,152 times
Default Questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
My Lord, what don't they get about "Send me a clean bill"!!!! This would still take weeks to get to us if she and the Democrats accepted it...Then if the ESC doesn't pay it all retro, what good does that do me if I have 1500.00 worth of bills that are late? I am just so DONE with this whole thing! Don't they get it that people are FALLING OFF THE CLIFF RIGHT NOW!!!!
Hang in there stangman2002... I would tell you I have a feeling something will give this week but our leadership hasn't proven to care much. Words yes, actions... NO. Many on this forum have thrown around statements concerning retro pay and how the ESC will handle payments WHEN EB is reinstated. What info did I miss? When did we learn it would take weeks to settle payments and when did someone take retro payments OFF the table? Is this fact or speculation? Please don't percieve me as calling you out or saying you are wrong. I'm just curious to know how this info surfaced.

THANKS!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:25 AM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
No, I understand. I saw it a couple pages back where someone said the esc would probably pick up where people are. They would then just add the 6 weeks to their account I think. I think it was RangerBob?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:26 AM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:

What makes you think they would not pay it all back retro, or do you mean for the people who were not on EB at the time?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:27 AM

230 posts, read 275,483 times
Quote:
No, I understand. I saw it a couple pages back where someone said the esc would probably pick up where people are. They would then just add the 6 weeks to their account I think. I think it was RangerBob?

It is possible that is what would happen for the people not on EB at the time of the failure, however there is supposed plans to correct that as we ll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina